ARE WE BETTER THIS SEASON THAN LAST SEASON

dellboy1971

HOW ARE WE PLAYING COMPAREED TO LAST YEAR  

1 member has voted

1. 1. HOW ARE WE PLAYING COMPAREED TO LAST YEAR

• YES FOR BETTER
    • NO FOR WINNING BUT POOR

Last season we were a joke, but atleast we got the occasional performance in there and we would smash a team to bits ie Hearts 4 - 1 Aberdeen( at Tynecastle) on rememberance sunday. This season is just the same old defensive tactics with no creativity no goals. There have been some weeks when we look half decent but then other weeks ( like last night at home to 12th place) we look as if we have never seen each other before in our lifes.

This seasons team = Boring,Goalless,disjointed etc etc.

Last sesons team = A joke but the occasional smashing performance.

I think, and correct me if im wrong, We are a couple of point better off as we were last season. I ahve nothing to back that up. Im sure someone has mentioned that somewhere!!

We basically have the same team as last season (barring the odd face), so I'd say it's a damn improvement from last season.

We defend better this season IMO.

3 New "attack" minded players in January please!

A lot of performances have been similar however there have been some performances that were miles better than last season.

The squad is pretty much the same as last season and the new signings havent really played because of injury as I have said previously I hope VR backs Csaba's plans for January and beyond and lets see where we end up at the end of the season.

I also remember under CL in his 3rd season we werent pleasing on the eye whatsoever but were winning games.

I think, and correct me if im wrong, We are a couple of point better off as we were last season. I ahve nothing to back that up. Im sure someone has mentioned that somewhere!!

As someone else pointed out we were 8th after the first round of games.

This is a more accurate standing than 2 games into the next cycle were we just happen to have a runn of games against the lower teams.

Therefore 8th place against an 8th place finish last year says to me we are no better off.

:sad:

We are not really much better than last season. The odd difference in points may only signify being a bit more/less lucky than last year, also it doesn't take into account the relative form of other teams - it would take a significant difference in points to really show that we had improved a significant amount.

The real judge is your own eyes and mine tell me that its very much business as usual so far.

Jam Tarts 1874

We look a little more organised and have a bit more grit when things have gone against us, last season we folded time and time again.

There is so far not much difference in the points gained to this point in the season. However I believe that the current side will not go on the same kind of disasterous run that we went on at this time last season. i.e. after beating Aberdeen 4-1 on 11.11.07. we then didn't win another league game until 19.1.08., that was 9 league games without a win, only 3 points from a possible 27. Any reasonable improvement on that run will see us in a decent position in the new year.

We look a little more organised and have a bit more grit when things have gone against us, last season we folded time and time again.

There is so far not much difference in the points gained to this point in the season. However I believe that the current side will not go on the same kind of disasterous run that we went on at this time last season. i.e. after beating Aberdeen 4-1 on 11.11.07. we then didn't win another league game until 19.1.08., that was 9 league games without a win, only 3 points from a possible 27. Any reasonable improvement on that run will see us in a decent position in the new year.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Our festive calendar is pretty difficult.

Saturday, 29 November 2008

Hearts v Rangers, 12:30

Saturday, 06 December 2008

Motherwell v Hearts, 15:00

Saturday, 13 December 2008

Celtic v Hearts, 15:00

Saturday, 20 December 2008

Hearts v Dundee Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 27 December 2008

Aberdeen v Hearts, 15:00

Saturday, 03 January 2009

Hearts v Hibernian, 12:30

Saying that, 7 points from a possible 18 would be a realistic estimate from these fixtures. (We got 5pts from the corresponding ones in the first 11 games). Good results from ICT and Falkirk in the next few weeks should insulate us slightly from slipping back down the table.

Jam Tarts 1874

Saying that, 7 points from a possible 18 would be a realistic estimate from these fixtures. (We got 5pts from the corresponding ones in the first 11 games). Good results from ICT and Falkirk in the next few weeks should insulate us slightly from slipping back down the table.

Yes, it is a more difficult spell of games. We are not making as many mistakes so I hope that leads to a few more decent results. Even when we are not playing well we seem to pop with a goal from somewhere, let's hope it continues. We looked to be playing some nice football at the beginning of the season when confidence was much higher, perhaps a nice result on Saturday will help get some momentum going.

Take away one of the OF games and you have a run which looks pretty similar to the recent one that started at Tannadice and ended against Celtic, which produced two points from a possible fifteen. At the moment we are grinding out results against relegation candidates, but I haven't seen any sign that we can beat the better teams - at least not since the opening game of the season.

sometimes there is an unbelievably fine line between the relative 'success' of sitting 4th and being right in the s***.

just had a look at the league table and it's a huge relief to think about the last two games because, if we had lost these games, we would be sitting 1 point above bottom place.

are we better now than we were last season? for football quality.... not really but the potential is definitely still there. just look at how we played against hibs in some tricky conditions and having been put under a lot of pressure early on, even going behind.

are we better now than we were last season regarding the other qualities that are required to achieve relative success? yes. we are not shipping an unacceptable number of goals (17), for proof of that just take a look at how many the top 3 have in the goals against column (13, 10, 14). we have only had two bad defeats. losing the OF games is no surprise and the loss away to DU was not unexpected.

two things which still cause concern are:

1. the inability to score enough goals to make games comfortable, and convert the two draws we have had into two more wins.

2. the standard of football can be very poor.

two things to remember which may improve our prospects no end:

1. we have a lot of creative / attacking players injured who can come back in to improve the overall quality.

2. we are fast approaching the transfer window when we can hopefully add some better players.

it's on a knife edge but we have 20 points in the bag, it's something to build on.

We have more spirit and better organisation than last season - but the quality of the squad is not good. For half of last season at least we had Velicka. We desperately need to bring in a striker and attacking midfielder in January.

Christ thats a hard run !!!!

We could easily lose all of those on current form.

Scary !!!!

Christ thats a hard run !!!!

We could easily lose all of those on current form.

Scary !!!!

Have you seen Hibs form recently??

A lot more organised this season. Trying to play better football. Not always happening but certainly seems to be a big improvement.

We were pish last year and we're still pish this year.

Every win has been scraped through.

The only difference is that last year those tough scrapes went against us more then they went with us.

Archived