We missed Michael Stewart

richiehmfc

I'm sure some people will disagree but last night i felt we really missed Michael Stewart, someone who would help support Nade from the midfield and also put their foot on the ball,

That last 20 minutes were as bad as I can remember seeing from Hearts. The ball was like a hot tattie, really missed someone to put their foot on the ball.

possibly missed Kingston as well :eek:

Sexton Hardcastle

Thought exactly the same. Nobody was showing for the ball in the last 20 minutes. As soon as it was booted up field and Jamie mole lost the header which he was never going to win it came straight back down. Alot of our passign was sloppy and we easily could have been caught on the counter attack by them if it wasnt for last gasp tackles or there players messing up.

The running of our players when we went forward was also pretty poor. We had a chance not long before FT when Driver i think burst forward after wallace hacked it up the park. Mole looked offside from where i sat and the ball was eventually played in to nobody. Its hard playing 4-5-1 but more needs to be done to turn defending into attacking.

Guest JamboRobbo

aye, we missed him like a hole in the head. put his foot on the ball? when exactly does he do that? :rofl:

If you felt we were missing someone charging about like a headless chicked chasing the ball, then fair enough. Personally, I thought Robbie did that pretty well when he came on.

aye, we missed him like a hole in the head. put his foot on the ball? when exactly does he do that? :rofl:

If you felt we were missing someone charging about like a headless chicked chasing the ball, then fair enough. Personally, I thought Robbie did that pretty well when he came on.

What game where you watching? Robbie was terribke at right wing back. Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see him back but he is in no way ever going to be a wing back/midfielder

I'm sure some people will disagree but last night i felt we really missed Michael Stewart, someone who would help support Nade from the midfield and also put their foot on the ball,

That last 20 minutes were as bad as I can remember seeing from Hearts. The ball was like a hot tattie, really missed someone to put their foot on the ball.

possibly missed Kingston as well :eek:

Spot on mate!

The midfield was non existent last night... Ruben was awful and Bruno was falling over every time he got the ball!

We really needed Stewart last night as the team on the pitch was leaderless... we also missed the creativity of Miko and dare I say Kingston too!

If Hamilton weren't so poor up front... we'd have lost that!

Guest JamboRobbo
What game where you watching? Robbie was terribke at right wing back.

Thats was my point I was making mate. That Robbie came on and charged about chasing the ball rather than staying in position, and that caused us problems. Exactly what Michael Stewart does when he plays too.

I know Stewart can be a hot head some times....actually all of the time but he can pass a ball which Robbie can't.

I think we need to look at the midfield as we were completely over run last night (not so much in the first half) if Hamilton weren't as bad as they are in attack we could have easily lost that game.

when exactly does he do that? :rofl:

This season, of the top of my head...

Motherwell at Home

St Mirren at Home

Hamilton Away

Inverness at Home

Aberdeen at Home

The point is that with Karipedious and Palazoula in the midfield we were too defensive and lacked creativity hence...we missed Michael Stewart

Thats was my point I was making mate. That Robbie came on and charged about chasing the ball rather than staying in position, and that caused us problems. Exactly what Michael Stewart does when he plays too.

I blame the manager and the committee's hopeless dogma for that.

The best right back in the SPL comes on and clearly should go into his position. That would free one of the best midfield prospects in the SPL to go into midfield where he shone last year.

But no, someone in the committee has decided to convert Jonsson into a right back so the team suffers yet again.

The game passed Ruben by, at least Mikey would have tried to get involved. Kara was posted missing and Bruno wasn't at his best in the 2nd half.

ginger jambo98
This season, of the top of my head...

Motherwell at Home

St Mirren at Home

Hamilton Away

Inverness at Home

Aberdeen at Home

The point is that with Karipedious and Palazoula in the midfield we were too defensive and lacked creativity hence...we missed Michael Stewart

Totally agree. Mind you, I thought we passed and moved well in the first half and created at least 3 decent chances (all for Nade) and a flamboyant overhead from the enigmatic Obua. Second half, Reid showed what a great Junior Manager he'd be. He closed down our full backs meaning Balogh was electing to kick all the time, playing right in Accie's hands. Without Mikey's guile, we got caught up in a game of long bangers in the second half, woeful stuff. Balogh should be told that if the full backs are covered, his throw should go to the side midfielders so that we can push the game further up the park with the ball at feet. Hamilton never looked like scorong from open play, indeed, I'd be surprised if they've scored any goals other than free kicks and corners into the box this season !

Can't wait to get Stewart and Kingston back, one thing they excel at is keeping the ball on the grass !

Spot on mate!

The midfield was non existent last night... Ruben was awful and Bruno was falling over every time he got the ball!

We really needed Stewart last night as the team on the pitch was leaderless... we also missed the creativity of Miko and dare I say Kingston too!

If Hamilton weren't so poor up front... we'd have lost that!

More violent agreement from me.

We were clueless at some points and got dragged into a scrap. Too many sloppy passages of play with too many of them looking at their feet, faiing to take ownership or responsibility. We missed Stewart looking to organise, encourage, direct. Stewart should be captain with Berra vice Captain.

The People's Chimp
Totally agree. Mind you, I thought we passed and moved well in the first half and created at least 3 decent chances (all for Nade) and a flamboyant overhead from the enigmatic Obua. Second half, Reid showed what a great Junior Manager he'd be. He closed down our full backs meaning Balogh was electing to kick all the time, playing right in Accie's hands. Without Mikey's guile, we got caught up in a game of long bangers in the second half, woeful stuff. Balogh should be told that if the full backs are covered, his throw should go to the side midfielders so that we can push the game further up the park with the ball at feet. Hamilton never looked like scorong from open play, indeed, I'd be surprised if they've scored any goals other than free kicks and corners into the box this season !

Can't wait to get Stewart and Kingston back, one thing they excel at is keeping the ball on the grass !

yeah you're right. Bringing on Offiong and pressing our full backs made it difficult for us.

We need to get away from panic stations long balls as soon as a team begins to pressure us.

The best right back in the SPL comes on and clearly should go into his position. That would free one of the best midfield prospects in the SPL to go into midfield where he shone last year.

But no, someone in the committee has decided to convert Jonsson into a right back so the team suffers yet again.

What?!?

We_are_the_Hearts
What?!?

That's what I was thinking. Wilson and Hinkel have been outstanding recently, especially against Man U. Broadfoot is also better.

Micheal Stewart never learns his lesson and i would get rid of him when the time is right.

i couldnt disagree more, fair enough hes a bit aggresive into the tackles but at least he plays with some sort of passion and desire. i feel hes the best centre midfielder we have at the moment and that him and bruno in there would be pretty good. i agree that he gets too many cards and never seems to learn but it doesnt help his cause when the referees are fuds

Micheal Stewart never learns his lesson and i would get rid of him when the time is right.

And that time would be when we get players who are better than him in....the same with any player.

That doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

I don't think the sun shines out of Stewart backside but we missed him last night and he is our best centre midfielder

I felt that we did miss him.

I know he has been erratic of late and can sometimes be accused of the headless chicken routine but last night in the second half was the worst I had seen in a long while from midfield and coming out of defense.

All season (whilst not being fantastic) we have played the ball through midfield on the deck. Last night we resorted to the long high punt from Balogh bypassing midfield. Without anyone up front (after Nade went off) to win it, the ball just came straight back putting us under pressure. Our whole game plan was different to the rest of this seasons games.

With Michael Stewart missing this was no co-incidence.

He would have been running about scowling at folk and eventually getting sent off, it's just what he does. "Putting his foot on the ball" more like putting his foot through a player.:rolleyes:

Absolutely we missed him. No one was tackling last night, the midfield were a joke. We missed him and we missed him badly although the bashers wont admit it

amazingly mikey and miko have big critics , but without them i feared the worst last night,and without an inspired display by nade we would never have scored

last night once again several midfielders produced nothing .

karapidis a good defender ,robbie not even a good defender,palazuelos what does he actually do? driver great pace ,decent left foot contributes little when fit.

Stewart sent off on Saturday - we go on and play better in second half and win 1-0.

Stewart out last night - we grind out a 1-0.

And people think we miss Stewart? I honestly think we are a better team without him. Karipidis and Ruben are average players - but their passing is still more accurate than Stewart.

Stewart sent off on Saturday - we go on and play better in second half and win 1-0.

Stewart out last night - we grind out a 1-0.

And people think we miss Stewart? I honestly think we are a better team without him. Karipidis and Ruben are average players - but their passing is still more accurate than Stewart.

They don't pass it anywhere, it is always left to right or back towards goal and neither moves forward into space to find a pass and make room for themselves.

We missed Stewart last night, we missed his forward runs from midfield most.

portobellojambo1

Sorry Coco, but I can see that statement being taken and used by either an anti drink or anti drugs body as a warning to others of the danger of using such substances.

We certainly didn't miss Stewart,he would have just blown a fuse,had a tantrum,fouled someone after being caught out of position and lost the plot.The man is a total liability.Unfortunately this does not help the matter of how we were paces of a Hamilton team on our own patch.Sad sad display

Hearts 1 - Nade

Hamilton 2 - McCarthy Pen (2)

^^^^^ Stewarts input if he had played ;)

Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be but when was the last time Stewart handed opposition a penalty? Was it recently?

Archived