Dundee

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I've been asked to write a report on shopping in Dundee at work

I need to go there I suppose

They have done a lot of work in the City centre. A lot of it has been pedestrianised. A pretty good bus service and plenty of parking. They also have the Wellgate and Overgate indoor shopping centres, in the City Centre.

And the best thing about the city is the statue in the precinct.

Desperate_Dan.jpg

The main shopping area is really quite nice now. Plenty areas out of that I would avoid though.

I am not from there just have to work over that way from time to time.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I went to Dundee once. It was shut!!!

An absolute grief hole mate. Are you sure the report isn't on shoplifting.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Seen a few jakies fighting outside Yates' snooker club before the Dundee Utd a few weeks back.

One of the jakies was obviously due the other some money, so handed over what he had - all ?2.32 of it. The 'dealer jakie' was obvioulsy not very happy as he must have been due at least a fiver, threw it back at the 'poorer jakey' as if he was offended by the measly offer :eek:

The poor jakey ran away scared :), and whilst trying to act hard the 'dealer jakey' then proceeded to pick up the ?2.32 (or what he could find).

It was feckin hilarious.

The staff in the snooker club then allowed us to watch it again on the CCTV - which was nice :P

ToadKiller Dog

I live in that city ,what do you want to know about the shops?.

Loads of Tescos,asdsas ,lidels ,the town centre has the same bland brands stores as any other city of similer size .

I wish they had never rebuilt the old overgate i miss the old 70s concrete monster or took away the water fall in the wellgate (cant fish for my bus fare home anymore)

Lochee shopping precinct mainly pubs ,bookies charity shops and low income shops farmfoods etc Chemists for the junkies ,loads of shoplifiters/junkies to watch if you have time to pass and need amused (david attenburgh should do a "life of junkies" doc for the bbc.)

That said there was some survey somewhere that said dundee had a higher growth in out of town shopping visitors than any other scots city.

and there is also a shop that just sells fancy cheeses who says dundee aint posh!.

I live in that city ,what do you want to know about the shops?.

Loads of Tescos,asdsas ,lidels ,the town centre has the same bland brands stores as any other city of similer size .

I wish they had never rebuilt the old overgate i miss the old 70s concrete monster or took away the water fall in the wellgate (cant fish for my bus fare home anymore)

Lochee shopping precinct mainly pubs ,bookies charity shops and low income shops farmfoods etc Chemists for the junkies ,loads of shoplifiters/junkies to watch if you have time to pass and need amused (david attenburgh should do a "life of junkies" doc for the bbc.)

That said there was some survey somewhere that said dundee had a higher growth in out of town shopping visitors than any other scots city.

and there is also a shop that just sells fancy cheeses who says dundee aint posh!.

You missed out Wallace pies though. I am in Dundee a fair bit visiting relatives in Forfar and Monikie.

My brother in law lives in Fintry and flits between the pubs in Forfar and the pubs in Dundee centre, depending on which bus comes first.

ToadKiller Dog
You missed out Wallace pies though. I am in Dundee a fair bit visiting relatives in Forfar and Monikie.

My brother in law lives in Fintry and flits between the pubs in Forfar and the pubs in Dundee centre, depending on which bus comes first.

Sadly Wallaces are no more Baynes bought them over ,still have Nichols bakery left.

Sadly Wallaces are no more Baynes bought them over ,still have Nichols bakery left.

Thats sad. Next you will be telling me that McLarens Bridies are made by Halls. :eek:

Danderhall Jambo

I work in Dundee and have done for over a year. First experience was driving up the Kingsway at 5am on a Saturday morning to find 2 women fighting in the middle of a roundabout !!

Following week, same time, 2 boys no more than 7 or 8 were cycling their bikes through Douglas, an area near Fintry. Nowt to do with shopping but !!!!!

Archived