Cheapest possible flight to anywhere...

Cigaro

I'm looking to fly to somewhere to do some research for uni.

Want the cheapest possible flight, destination is irrelevant, although I'd like to be abe to communicate with most people on it as I need to ask them questions:p

Anyone got any suggestions?

How the feck do I know?:)

Have a fart around on their website, plenty cheap stuff.

I'm doing just that.:)

You just had an air of experience about your post:p

I recently flew to Dublin for 1p each way including tax - so 2p return. Really! That was Ryanair, and we had to pay a credit card fee for paying (that was a couple of quid).

The thing is, Ryanair and other low-cost airlines change the fares constantly depending on how their sales are going, and so if you happen to be looking and booking at just the right time, you can get this kind of thing occasionally.

I'm looking to fly to somewhere to do some research for uni.

Want the cheapest possible flight, destination is irrelevant, although I'd like to be abe to communicate with most people on it as I need to ask them questions:p

Anyone got any suggestions?

Would it not be a courtesy to ask the airline, they may object to asking clients questions. If you consult them prior to this and give them a copy of your findings they may give you a free standby seat.

I recently flew to Dublin for 1p each way including tax - so 2p return. Really! That was Ryanair, and we had to pay a credit card fee for paying (that was a couple of quid).

The thing is, Ryanair and other low-cost airlines change the fares constantly depending on how their sales are going, and so if you happen to be looking and booking at just the right time, you can get this kind of thing occasionally.

Yeah we did the same total of 4p for 2 return flights

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Globespan are based in Edinburgh (Colinton)

Why not phone them up, tell them what you're doing and why and brass your case.

I may have a contact there, as we're speaking to them about "stuff"

Would it not be a courtesy to ask the airline, they may object to asking clients questions. If you consult them prior to this and give them a copy of your findings they may give you a free standby seat.

What I'm doing doesnt relate to the airline at all though, so I doubt they would be too fussy about the findings.

I would obviously, once I get something booked, inform them of what I am doing so they dont think theres some psycho on board.

Even if they're not happy about me speaking to people, I can observe. Whats to stop me having a focussed conversation;)

Archived