Refs to call in the cops

inside right

See from todays Daily Ranger that the referees are wanting to get cops more involved to protect them from angry managers and players.

Does this mean if a player is assaulted on the pitch and the referee does nothing they can ask a cop to come on the pitch and remove their attacker?

Should Laslo not have asked for cops to remove 4th official after being assaulted?

See from todays Daily Ranger that the referees are wanting to get cops more involved to protect them from angry managers and players.

Does this mean if a player is assaulted on the pitch and the referee does nothing they can ask a cop to come on the pitch and remove their attacker?

Should Laslo not have asked for cops to remove 4th official after being assaulted?

It's all getting just a little bit silly!

this is all part of the whole deal with referees not wanting any part of a situation which makes them in any way accountable, answerable or liable to criticism of any kind.

it's been as plain as day for quite some time, to me at least, that referees in this country simply want to go through the motions and get the job done by attracting as little attention on themselves from the two-headed bigot-monster of the west.

doing the right thing and making the right decisions is a secondary thought to the most important thing for them.... keeping their heads below the papapet.

Presumably then we can ask the cops to investigate if we believe refs are guilty of corruption.

If the referees start involving the police in anything relating to what goes on during the 90 minutes of play, presumably that means that players would be able to do the same? Could get interesting....

This is nothing new.

SFA guidelines state at any level of football should their be an assault or crime on the park it must be brought to the attention of a police. This aside a lot of incidents between players are left although i am sure if the players told the ref or touchline authorities to do so action would be taken.

A berwick player was recently arrested for pushing a ref.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Referees standing in the dock on oath giving evidence about what happened on a fitba pitch......:)

Wish i had gone to law school...Interesting times ahead methinks.

Referees standing in the dock on oath giving evidence about what happened on a fitba pitch......:)

Wish i had gone to law school...Interesting times ahead methinks.

too true mate.

why do you think they don't speak to managers directly after a game? they usually insist on having a conflab with the other cheats in the referees room to get their stories straight first.

cheating bassas.

Just read the daylate online - nice to see the spin they have put on the Laslo Aberdeen incident. In the article they say that the 4th official had to restrain him from attacking the referee.

I'm guessing that this is what is in the officials report to the SFA, and some Hearts fans still think the game is clean in Scotland?

Hockey being a violent sport, there have been cases where police have become involved usually because of severity of injury or because of violence used.This has not involved direct police action, but only post occurrence after an investigation. What has been raised in Court is the presumption of a level of violence is to be expected by those participating in the game, it is only when this level is beyond acceptable that police have become involved, otherwise it is left to the Governing body to exercise discipline.

I would suspect the same presumption should be exercised by players and on field officials as to abuse and potential violence in football. How many, I have no idea, have people on JKB seen at games where police should get involved and lay charges, particularly without complaint from one of those involved.

Archived