4th Place

Markie

Does 4th place get a spot in the Europa League thing next season?

BBC has fourth and third in their own wee section in the table.

I could be wrong but 4th place is counted because they have scrapped the inter tattie cup.I believe if you qualify 4th you enter the UEFA cup at the earliest stage.The same dates as the inter tattie but you must take part.

Gokuzo_The_Jambo
Does 4th place get a spot in the Europa League thing next season?

BBC has fourth and third in their own wee section in the table.

Yeah I think you are correct, trying to spice up the uefa cup making it more like the champions league.

So its now called the Europa Leage.

I can't find the bbc sport article, but http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=754085.html

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Will be pretty interesting to see what happens if 3 of Romanovs teams are in the same competition next season!

Will be pretty interesting to see what happens if 3 of Romanovs teams are in the same competition next season!

well, we know one of them will put rangers out.

4th place will be enough for a place in the Europa Cup next season, unless the SFA decide to reintroduce a place for the League Cup winners (I think they would have announced this by now). 4th place has been enough for a European place (Intertoto) for many years now but for some reason only Hibernian seem interested in taking the chance. As correctly pointed out previously, 5th place may be enough but it has almost become customary for a CL qualifier to play a minnow in the Scottish Cup final these days so it would actaully be a surprise to me if it didn't happen again!

This was covered when he first took over I believe.

As far as I know, Hearts will trump them every time, assuming our ranking / co-efficient is greater.

I could be wrong but 4th place is counted because they have scrapped the inter tattie cup.I believe if you qualify 4th you enter the UEFA cup at the earliest stage.The same dates as the inter tattie but you must take part.

Don't let the Wee Team supporters know this, that is their dream ticket into the big boys cup. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Although to be honest I think they will be battling relegation with their ****ey fitba' team and joke of a manager this season.

Jambo in Yorkshire

I covered a lot of this in a recent thread - the Scottish Cup winners, 3rd and 4th in the league will enter the new Europa cup

My understanding is that 5th in the League will also qualify if the Cup winners have already qualified for the CL or Europa cup - this bit needs to be confirmed by the SFA

The attached link gives the "access" rounds for the Scottish teams next season - Scotland are ranked 10th and if you look at CL and Europa Cup you will see at which stage our teams enter the 2 competitions

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/access2009.html

While this seems good I'm going to burst the bubble slightly by pointing out that the new Europa Cup's earliest qualifying rounds are exactly the same as the Intertoto. They start early July I think. Having said all that and coming accross all negative, I always thought the Intertoto was pretty good and really wasn't a bad way of getting some pre season training in.

I might be talking single fish though.

I covered a lot of this in a recent thread - the Scottish Cup winners, 3rd and 4th in the league will enter the new Europa cup

My understanding is that 5th in the League will also qualify if the Cup winners have already qualified for the CL or Europa cup - this bit needs to be confirmed by the SFA

The attached link gives the "access" rounds for the Scottish teams next season - Scotland are ranked 10th and if you look at CL and Europa Cup you will see at which stage our teams enter the 2 competitions

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/access2009.html

Cup runners-up will still qualify for the Europa Cup if they are defeated by a Champions League qualifier in the cup final.

Cup runners-up will still qualify for the Europa Cup if they are defeated by a Champions League qualifier in the cup final.

No, that means nothing has changed then? Only cup winners qualify now, otherwise Gretna / Queen of the South type situation could happen again am sure the rules where changed to stop this as it was a joke

No, that means nothing has changed then? Only cup winners qualify now, otherwise Gretna / Queen of the South type situation could happen again am sure the rules where changed to stop this as it was a joke

The rule has not changed, despite everyone hoping it would. David Taylor, now working for UEFA, said something about giving a chance for teams who wouldn't normally qualify for Europe blah, blah, blah.

Archived