Hearts open day 1982

Le Chat

is that pete townsend at the back?

Dunno, but the boy with the sky blue t-shirt might be familiar to a few on here :)

mr bowie perhaps?

...and his better looking younger brother to the extreme left.

Buffalo Bill

DSCN1601.jpg

It could be Willie Pettigrew having just signed on the Dole.

Buffalo Bill

The highlight of that day was scoring a penalty into Ian Westwater, with Peter Marinello setting up the ball for us kids.

There was also an open day in 1984, and we had to score goals through a tyre hanging from the crossbar, but I failed to convert my chance on that occasion.

There were no X-Boxes or Playstations in them days!

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown
The highlight of that day was scoring a penalty into Ian Westwater, with Peter Marinello setting up the ball for us kids.

There was also an open day in 1984, and we had to score goals through a tyre hanging from the crossbar, but I failed to convert my chance on that occasion.

There were no X-Boxes or Playstations in them days!

Buffalo Bill

There was however Commodore-64 and Atari and such classics as frogger and donkey kong and a whole host of other games you can play online here http://c64s.com/ :)

Charlie-Brown
That away kit is the best I've ever seen.

That's cos it was the best there has been - I that very strip in long sleeve version & also had the similar white Scotland away version with dark blue trimming.

There was however Commodore-64 and Atari and such classics as frogger and donkey kong and a whole host of other games you can play online here http://c64s.com/ :)

Arrrggghhhh, trying to play a quick game of Ghosts and Goblins, but can't seem to get in to play:mad:

Did you have to post this, i'll get no housework done now:p

DSCN1605.jpg

I'm sure that the bloke on the right with the bowl cut went to my school and was a big Hobo, so God knows what he was doing there. And isn't that an Aberdeen tracksuit at the front?!!

Brilliant day though. After the horrible 81/82 season I fell in love with Hearts all over again that day. They should do one of these at the start of every season.Even if it convinces only one or two not to follow the diseased duo from the west, then surely it's worth it?

Bomber Harris

Jim Cruickshank attended that day quashing all the myths that he would never attend Tynecastle ever again after his departure.

Glamorgan Jambo

Looks quite like Therapist from where I'm sitting.:cool:

Brilliant tracksuit top that Le Chat is wearing.

Anyone recognise themselves ?

I know there's at least 3 current JKBers in these photos.

DSCN1600.jpg

I don't know if you remember him, Cat - but the laddie with the Scotland top on is another ex-Tynecastle High pupil.

Kevin McAndrew - aka 'Blue'.

Buffalo Bill

Can anybody name this guy. I went to school with him and just can't remember his name.

I don't know if you remember him, Cat - but the laddie with the Scotland top on is another ex-Tynecastle High pupil.

Kevin McAndrew - aka 'Blue'.

Buffalo Bill

Yeah, the name rings a bell mate.

Archived