zaliukas and tomorrow

ramrod

if he marches straight back into the team after his hapless performances in his last 4 games, it can only mean one of two things,imo......................

vlad is still picking the team or csaba knows very little about defending :eek:

surely not after our 1st clean sheet in ages.........................

Nucky Thompson

I think he will be shoe horned back into the team but not because of VR as I doubt he's even interested:rolleyes:

I think he will be shoe horned back into the team but not because of VR as I doubt he's even interested:rolleyes:

option 2 it is then.........................:P

that is worrying.......................:eek:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think he'll play due to the fact that Miko is injured and Stewart is suspended.

Whether he should or not is a different question.

However, I would hope that Hearts fans aren't going to make him public enemy No1. He's not exactly Gordan Petric!

I think he'll play due to the fact that Miko is injured and Stewart is suspended.

Whether he should or not is a different question.

However, I would hope that Hearts fans aren't going to make him public enemy No1. He's not exactly Gordan Petric!

True. He isn't Gordan Petric. I don't remember Petric selling goals to the opposition in EVERY game he played, like Zaliukas does.

Geoff Kilpatrick
True. He isn't Gordan Petric. I don't remember Petric selling goals to the opposition in EVERY game he played, like Zaliukas does.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!

And I don't think Zaliukas has made a "t*t" gesture to any Hearts fans, although it was hilarious at the time!!

He shouldn`t walk back in, end of.

Managers will normally give a player a couple of games to get over mistakes to see if they can recover form but Zaliukas definitely merits a rest just now.

He`s a mixed bag. He can be solid and work away well for a good spell in games then he goes and makes silly judgements or mistakes and his passing out of defence is erratic too.

Or it could mean we have loads of injuries and a major suspension in midfield.

Csaba also blatently rates Karipidis in midfield and the Greek has performed well there.

This could leave a vacant space in defence and he may be left with little choice.

Managers will normally give a player a couple of games to get over mistakes to see if they can recover form but Zaliukas definitely merits a rest just now.

He`s a mixed bag. He can be solid and work away well for a good spell in games then he goes and makes silly judgements or mistakes and his passing out of defence is erratic too.

The thing is though, that a centre back who concentrates and plays well for 95% of the game, but sells a goal in the 5% that he doesn't, is absolutely no use.

Zaliukas is very much in the Titus Bramble mould of defender, in that at times he can look very good only to make a calamatious error. Many different coaches have tried to improve Bramble's concentration without success, there has to be some doubt if any improvement can be achieved with Zaliukas.

I have a feeling that since all of our right sided midfielders are injured that Zaliukas will come back in at centre half and Jonsson will go to the right of midfield.

Either that or Driver will play on the right with Obua on the left. Surely he's not going to start Neilson on the right of midfield?

Billy Bigtime
Or it could mean we have loads of injuries and a major suspension in midfield.

Csaba also blatently rates Karipidis in midfield and the Greek has performed well there.

This could leave a vacant space in defence and he may be left with little choice.

Csaba rates both Eggert and Karapidis, he made this clear at a shareholders dinner. With Robbie back I feel he will be tempted to put Karapidis back in midfield (injury allowing) and keep Eggert in central defense/ This still leaves options in the middle with Bruno, Driver, Kingston (again fitness allowing) and Abua coming back.

I bet he reinstates Zaliukas and uses Ksanavecious though !!

The thing is though, that a centre back who concentrates and plays well for 95% of the game, but sells a goal in the 5% that he doesn't, is absolutely no use.

Zaliukas is very much in the Titus Bramble mould of defender, in that at times he can look very good only to make a calamatious error. Many different coaches have tried to improve Bramble's concentration without success, there has to be some doubt if any improvement can be achieved with Zaliukas.

Totally agree. If he continues to make costly errors then he must be gotten rid of.

But will that happen?

Mikoliunas' injury gives an excuse to put Zaliukas back in. With Miko, Larry and Chesney out injured, Eggert will probably be taken out of defence and into right midfield as he is the only first team player left with experience of playing there.

That opens up a gap back at centre half... enter the Lithuanian chocolate teapot.

Generic Username

I'd like to see Zaliukas get a few games in the reserves and let us keep with the same players who dug out a win at the weekend.

Personally be quite content with Robbie at right back and The Egg in beside Berra and young Templeton getting a go wide right or even behind the striker.

A bit of stability and consistency with the team after a win would be nice to see.

If we had another equally experienced centre half at the club that we could use without weakening other areas then I'd say drop Zaluikas and use him.

As it is our centre half alternatives seem to be Karapidis or Jonsson.

Surely everyone remembers how lightweight and easily bullied Karapidis is at centre half in this league ?

Jonnson is already a midfielder converted to full back for convenience and if we convert him any more he'll be wearing high heels and answering to the name Doris.

I'd rather Zaluikas didnt play. I'd rather we had someone else provenly better than him to step in there. The fact is that we dont and no matter how much you shake the rattles, he WILL be playing at centre half tomorrow.

portobellojambo1
if he marches straight back into the team after his hapless performances in his last 4 games, it can only mean one of two things,imo......................

Logic would suggest that Csaba Laszlo saw on Saturday a back 4 that looked remarkably comfortable, and deserves to play together again. However I am not convinced an awful lot of logic is used when selecting our side.

I would like to see the same back 4, with Kingston replacing Stewart in the central midfield position, and tomorrow night could be a good chance to bring Templeton into the side, as he seems to be on a bit of a high at the moment.

Generic Username

Think most of the young lads playing regularly for the reserves should fancy their chances of at least being in the 18 man squad tomorrow night considering the suspensions and injuries we currently have.

Templeton and Husband (if selected) should be due for a run out, even if it is something along the lines of 5/10 minutes at the end.

Perfect time and circumstances for them to try and stake a place in the 1st team.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

:sobored:

you all crack on about Zal but I think he's a very good CB who has had a run of dodgy games. He was our best player against Celtic till he got sent off. He cleared everything out the danger area that came his way. I would much rather have seen him playing CB on Saturday than Jonsson, who looked shakey when using his left peg in his own box. Don't get me wrong, Jonsson had a great match and won the points for us, but Zal is still a far better CB. And, much better than the posters here give him credit for.

you all crack on about Zal but I think he's a very good CB who has had a run of dodgy games. He was our best player against Celtic till he got sent off. He cleared everything out the danger area that came his way. I would much rather have seen him playing CB on Saturday than Jonsson, who looked shakey when using his left peg in his own box. Don't get me wrong, Jonsson had a great match and won the points for us, but Zal is still a far better CB. And, much better than the posters here give him credit for.

seriously:eek:

I lost count of the numbre of goals he cost us last year.

No change again this year

70 odd?

The Old Tolbooth
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!

And I don't think Zaliukas has made a "t*t" gesture to any Hearts fans, although it was hilarious at the time!!

That's because Zaliukas IS the tit :rolleyes:

Correct! Twice!

Its simple

If a meritocracy exists at Hearts he will not play.

Not only has his form been particularly shady last 4 games, the defence that has replaced him in both games hasnt conceded a goal

If he doesnt play this will be a significant message that Csaba has the final say

I agree with you mate.

Big Zal is the best CB we have and yes he has made a couple of mistakes.

He is not the only one tho.

I also agree with you re the celtic game where he was our best player. until being very harshly sent off.

Typical wit***** on JKB.

Guest JamboRobbo

He was our best player against Celtic till he got sent off.

Next you'll be telling me he played well against Aberdeen apart from giving away a goal that cost us 2 points.

And he did well at Easter Road appart from the dodgy passback to put a hobo clean through on goal in the last minute.

and he did well against Motherwell, other than diving in and getting skint resulting in us losing a goal

etc etc etc

The boy is a bombscare. He sells goals, and his blunders leave teammates exposed whenever he plays. Don't see much point in pretending otherwise just because we know he'll be shoehorned back in regardless.

I'll have some of what your on please!!!!! :eek:

Next you'll be telling me he played well against Aberdeen apart from giving away a goal that cost us 2 points.

And he did well at Easter Road appart from the dodgy passback to put a hobo clean through on goal in the last minute.

and he did well against Motherwell, other than diving in and getting skint resulting in us losing a goal

etc etc etc

The boy is a bombscare. He sells goals, and his blunders leave teammates exposed whenever he plays. Don't see much point in pretending otherwise just because we know he'll be shoehorned back in regardless.

I give you the passback.

The other two are debatable.

Nelly Terraces

Zali's mistakes and lapses in concentration are numerous and regular I'm afraid. No point in hiding it, he is pretty hopeless.

He'll be back playing tonight.

Sexton Hardcastle

For the record, when was the last time we had 11 players or even the whole squad that didnt include any liths? Was it actually all that long ago?

Only Kello/Zal possibly tonite.

For the record, when was the last time we had 11 players or even the whole squad that didnt include any liths? Was it actually all that long ago?

Kello is not a lith

etc etc etc

For me the cockup against Hibs, if you watch the footage, is down to Berra not talking.

If you watch the footage Zal is pointing to the keeper telling Berra to put it back to him so it's obvious where Zal is going to put it when Berra passes him the ball instead. Berra can see behind Zal that Riordan is there so why's he either not launching the ball up the park himself or telling Zal not to put it back to the keeper??

Gokuzo_The_Jambo

Surely this is the same for Stewart then, he is a hot head, and recently has been very very poor.

it's incredible how some hearts 'supporters' don't know the nationalities of their players. to describe Kello as a Lith is just lol.

Sexton Hardcastle
it's incredible how some hearts 'supporters' don't know the nationalities of their players. to describe Kello as a Lith is just lol.

Alrite simmer down idiot.

Its also amazing how many journalists think Laszlo is Hungarian.

Csaba L?szl? (born 13 February 1964 in Odorheiu Secuiesc, Harghita County, Transylvania, Romania)

Csaba L?szl? (born 13 February 1964 in Odorheiu Secuiesc, Harghita County, Transylvania, Romania)

But he is ethnically Hungarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sz%C3%A9kely

Being born somewhere doesn't necessarily mean you are from that country though. E.g. Terry Butcher was born in Singapore.

Guest JamboRobbo
I give you the passback.

The other two are debatable.

You think the Aberdeen one is debatable?

Are you suggesting he didn't misjudge a long ball, completely fail to cut it out, thereby allowing a punt up the park to put the Aberdeen forward clean through on our keeper to score their goal?

i don't see what there is to debate. He made a misjudgement, attacked a ball he was never getting to, which allowed the forward in behind him. From a simple punt up the park. His own body language (slumped over hands on knees) after the goal shows that he knew it was a mistake. Even Csaba said it was a mistake by Zaliukas. :)

Are you suggesting he didn't misjudge a long ball, completely fail to cut it out, thereby allowing a punt up the park to put the Aberdeen forward clean through on our keeper to score their goal?

i don't see what there is to debate. He made a misjudgement, attacked a ball he was never getting to, which allowed the forward in behind him. From a simple punt up the park. His own body language (slumped over hands on knees) after the goal shows that he knew it was a mistake. Even Csaba said it was a mistake by Zaliukas. :)

Spot on

You mean like Alan Hansen and Craig Levein both of them had a habit of losing concentration but still wouldn't mind having either of them at the moment. Agree Zaliukas is not very good and just hope Aberdeen don't manage to resign Windass because he really showed how bad Zaliukas is in the preseason friendly.

It was a honking one!

He'll be shoehorned into a midfield holding role.

stevens my man I have been saying this since yesterday

Get the bad feeling he will end up in there.

Sorry. SBE. So if Zal doesnt get on the park/squad, how long since the team didnt included any?

Bit of advice. Stop just posting to get your 'post count' up and start posting stuff that is factually correct, makes sense and doesn't make you look like a plonker.

Seymour M Hersh
seriously:eek:

I lost count of the numbre of goals he cost us last year.

No change again this year

Why don't you try hard and tell us all the goals he has directly cost us last year and this? I'll give you the goal against Aberdreich a couple of weeks ago as a starter for ten.

Doesnt that just make him a vampire?

Archived