Scotland Squad

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

:eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7721986.stm

Jamie McAllister !!

Scotland squad to face Argentina:

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland), David Marshall (Norwich City), Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Hearts), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Jamie McAllister (Bristol City), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Midfielders

Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Celtic)

Forwards

David Clarkson (Motherwell), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian), Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), James McFadden (Birmingham City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

Guest JamboRobbo

McAllistair. Sounds fair. Playing well in a good team.

Was a bit of a shame when he left, as he would be one of our better players right now. Still, he was a Burley favourite, so he was probably killing our club every day or somesuch! :P

Say What Again
Jamie McAllister !!

McAllister did pretty well under Burley at Hearts. He was never a favourite of mine, but GB seemed to like him.

Commander Harris

interesting that 12/26 of that squad are playing down south.

also, I'd have Alexander before McGregor as back-up keeper. Think McGregor has suffered a huge dip in form and is costing Rangers goals any time he plays.

jamboinglasgow

good to see Ross McCormick getting a call as he has been playing well for Cardiff.

Intersting to see that McCarthy has not been called up to the Republic of Ireland Squad. The press were certain he was just to safeguard his posistion as Irish. Either they thing he is decided so no need or he is having a last minute change of mind that Trapatoni knows about.

All the Tartan Army (from what I hear) are going to use this game as a nationalist rally!!

Maradonna - get it right up the English and all that b*llox!!!

Who says politics has no place in football :rolleyes:

One hearts player in the entire squad arent we doing well :rolleyes:

No matter how well Berra plays for Hearts he will never get on that pitch as he does not play in Glasgow

Total joke

I despise everything about the SFA

All the Tartan Army (from what I hear) are going to use this game as a nationalist rally!!

And we say that the hobos cling to past "glories" in the shape of defeats for their local rivals.

And we say that the hobos cling to past "glories" in the shape of defeats for their local rivals.

I know I hate the TA

They almost single handedly (with help form the SFA) make me not give at*ss about the national team

No matter how well Berra plays for Hearts he will never get on that pitch as he does not play in Glasgow

Total joke

Maybe Burley thinks Berra isn't good enough to play for Scotland. I tend to agree with him.

Doesn't quite explain why Gary Caldwell gets such a regular game right enough ...

Maybe Burley thinks Berra isn't good enough to play for Scotland. I tend to agree with him.

Doesn't quite explain why Gary Caldwell gets such a regular game right enough ...

Broadfoot, Mcmanus, Weir, Caldwell?

Following players who couldnt get a game for scotland then they move to glasgow and are get one straight away

Neil McCann

Kevin Thompson

Kris Boyd

Gary Caldwell

Kirk ' worst player EVER' Broadfoot

Scott Broon

Garry O'Conner

Davie Weir

Alan Mcgregor

Tosh Mckinlay

Tom Boyd

Darren Jackson

Maurice ross - WTF!!!!

Any more?

SoldierPalmer
I know I hate the TA

They almost single handedly (with help form the SFA) make me not give at*ss about the national team

steady hibsh - too much coffee

Guest Dipped Flake
I know I hate the TA

And yet every post about Scotland has you and your fellow 'don't give a toss about Scotland' posters rushing to post, pathetic really.

on the OP I think Mcallister deserves a place in the squad from what I have seen of him. Good to see Mcormack getting a place too, although I doubt he will be fit. Agree on Magregor being now 3rd choice although no idea if Gordon will be fit for this game.

Oh, and on the Scotland fans turning a Scotland game into a show of Nationalist support; is that not the same as Hearts fans turning a Hearts game into a show of Hearts support??? I just don't get the problem, but then again I just don't get the mindset of a lot of our posters anymore. Most seem to either hate our club or hate our country

Say What Again
Following players who couldnt get a game for scotland then they move to glasgow and are get one straight away

Neil McCann

Kevin Thompson

Kris Boyd

Gary Caldwell

Scott Broon

Garry O'Conner

Davie Weir

Alan Mcgregor

Tosh Mckinlay

Tom Boyd

Darren Jackson

Maurice ross - WTF!!!!

Which part of Glesga is Moscow in? :P

Jamie McAllister !!

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland), David Marshall (Norwich City), Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Hearts), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Jamie McAllister (Bristol City), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Midfielders

Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Celtic)

Forwards

David Clarkson (Motherwell), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian), Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), James McFadden (Birmingham City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

http://prosport.bg/news/1628-Petima-igrachi-na-Harts-izlizat-sreshtu-Maradona.html

I wouldn't have Broadfoot anywhere near the squad, McManus is probably our best defender at the moment (sadly), Weir isn't in the squad and I've already said Caldwell is gash.

Total joke

Most of our best players happen to play in Glasgow. Coincidence?

Carl Weathers

You put your left hand in, your left hand out...

hand_of_god_goal-orig.jpg

Jamie McAllister !!

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Why dexter,why should he not get in the squad,pray tell us all why.

Neil McCann

Kevin Thompson

Kris Boyd

Gary Caldwell

Scott Broon

Garry O'Conner

Davie Weir

Alan Mcgregor

Tosh Mckinlay

Tom Boyd

Darren Jackson

Maurice ross - WTF!!!!

Any more?

You seem to be confused, so let me help you out a bit here.

McCann, Caldwell, O'Connor (who has never actually played for Celtic or Rangers), Brown, Weir and Jackson all made their debut whilst outside the OF. McGregor and Ross started at Rangers.

The only one you have any kind of a point with is McKinlay, who should have been capped whilst at Hearts. Boyd and Broadfoot have all been better at Rangers than with their previous clubs.

One hearts player in the entire squad arent we doing well :rolleyes:

At moment considering the lack of quality in our squad i'm surprised we even have one player in the squad. There is really nobody in the team bar Berra (and maybe not even him) who should be in squad.

However i've just realized that I might have picked your post up all wrong so am editing it to say sorry ;)

Jamie McAllister !!

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Jamie Mac is a reliable left back with some big game experience. Gary Naysmith just can't cut it anymore and I'd rather have a naturally left side player in his position than Graham Alexander. In fact I'd rather have a corpse than play Graham Alexander ......

Come to think about it, Alexander practically is a corpse in footballing terms.

It's a solid enough squad which lacks in certain positions. We'll get a bit of a doing from Argentina though!!

You seem to be confused, so let me help you out a bit here.

McCann, Caldwell, O'Connor (who has never actually played for Celtic or Rangers), Brown, Weir and Jackson all made their debut whilst outside the OF. McGregor and Ross started at Rangers.

The only one you have any kind of a point with is McKinlay, who should have been capped whilst at Hearts. Boyd and Broadfoot have all been better at Rangers than with their previous clubs.

Oi,stop that,it doesn't fit his agenda so it must be wrong.

Oh and another thing for all these "the SFA hates Hearts" did you know that we ,yes we, have had more players play for Scotland than any other team outside the OF,yup they really hate us and never ever give any of our players a game.

Guest JamboRobbo
Oi,stop that,it doesn't fit his agenda so it must be wrong.

Oh and another thing for all these "the SFA hates Hearts" did you know that we ,yes we, have had more players play for Scotland than any other team outside the OF,yup they really hate us and never ever give any of our players a game.

And funnily enough, we're the third most successful team, and we get the third highest number of player picked.

Clearly all a big conspiracy. :P

And funnily enough, we're the third most successful team, and we get the third highest number of player picked.

Clearly all a big conspiracy. :P

Jeeso,how does that work then.

Let me get this right,you get better players to help you win trophies yeh,then said players get a call up to their national team BECAUSE they are better players than the ones that play for teams that are not successful,so therefore if your picked to play for a successful team and your international team you are a good player,yes.

If thats how it works how does only one of our players get in the squad,considering if it wasn't for those pesky refs we would have had the league sewn up by now.

I like Jamie Mac, think he's a good player, He deserves a call up, been playin well for his club. Now Kirk broadfoot is gash, how the fork does he get a game for scotland? Maby because he plays for the OF!? Apart from that looks like a pretty decent squad

I like Jamie Mac, think he's a good player, He deserves a call up, been playin well for his club. Now Kirk broadfoot is gash, how the fork does he get a game for scotland? Maby because he plays for the OF!? Apart from that looks like a pretty decent squad

Name another Scottish RB who's good enough and has the experience he has,I'm not his biggest fan but TBH there is not really anyone else that jump's out at me,it'd got nowt to do with "because he's joined the OF"clap trap.

Colonel Kurtz

One point

Motherwell Leage cup..Easter road...should have been his last game

One point

If that is the case,how the feck do we have anyone left to play,loads more than him have had howlers week in week out and still got picked game in game out.

One point

Spot on. His performance that night was a disgrace and whenever I see the name Jamie McAllister, I will always be reminded of that game.

The guy is an average player and it's worrying if that's the best we can do.

Neil McCann

Kevin Thompson

Kris Boyd

Gary Caldwell

Scott Broon

Garry O'Conner

Davie Weir

Alan Mcgregor

Tosh Mckinlay

Tom Boyd

Darren Jackson

Maurice ross - WTF!!!!

Any more?

Aye, funny how Hartley, Brown and Robson were all either on the periphery or not called up at all, then suddenly they move to Celtic and start getting games aplenty.

Aye, funny how Hartley, Brown and Robson were all either on the periphery or not called up at all, then suddenly they move to Celtic and start getting games aplenty.

Only in the case of Robson is that really true.

portobellojambo1
Didn't David Weir play at the World Cup as a Hearts player?

Weir's first cap for Scotland was versus Wales in 1997 while still with Hearts.

Archived