7 points from next 3 games??

Jambosimmy

I feel this is a must to keep ourselves in contention for third place. Teams around us have difficult games coming up, Hibs away to United and im sure Murderwell have rangers at the weekend but i could be wrong. Anyway..

Hamilton 3 points = Must

ICT atleast a point but we can take three

Falkirk 3 points - must

If we can take the 7 points atleast from these three games we will be in a very strong position and hopefully have opened up a gap.

Whats peoples thoughts on this?

I feel this is a must to keep ourselves in contention for third place. Teams around us have difficult games coming up, Hibs away to United and im sure Murderwell have rangers at the weekend but i could be wrong. Anyway..

Hamilton 3 points = Must

Falkirk 3 points - must

If we can take the 7 points atleast from these three games we will be in a very strong position and hopefully have opened up a gap.

7 would be very good. there's a fine dividing line between getting the 7 and getting about 2 or 3.

the key as ever is....... scoring more goals.

easier said than done, especially for our 'strikers'.

see no reason we should not be looking to 9 points from them

Yep i Agree but as previously posted we are struggling to score and also with bombscare Zaliukas back in the side the chances of keeping a clean sheet are pretty low!!

Confident about tommorow nights game but Inverness and Falkirk always seem to cause us problems!!

we should be looking for 19 points in the next three games, failing that, 137 will do.

Come on, be realistic. I'm expecting precisely 8 points from the next three games or I will just have to kill myself.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Come on, be realistic. I'm expecting precisely 8 points from the next three games or I will just have to kill myself.

Perhaps your right, maybe i expected too much, 8 or nothing!:)

The OP isn't Stevie Frail by any chance? :107years:

We should really be looking for 9 in the next three,

Accies - Home

ICT - Away

Falkirk - Home

Even better would be 12 from 4 if we can muster up a display against the Huns at Tynie and pull out a result, if we were to win our next 3 then theres every chance of that happening IMO. Or Am i being too optimistic?

A few years ago certainly we would be looking for that.

The OP isn't Stevie Frail by any chance? :107years:

We should really be looking for 9 in the next three,

Accies - Home

ICT - Away

Falkirk - Home

Even better would be 12 from 4 if we can muster up a display against the Huns at Tynie and pull out a result, if we were to win our next 3 then theres every chance of that happening IMO. Or Am i being too optimistic?

A few years ago certainly we would be looking for that.

Step away from the class A's:rolleyes:

Interesting target....I looked at these and thought 9 could be possible but I would be delighted with 7 from the next three matches.

To make a comparison to exactly the same stage last season (11th Nov) we had just come off a fine 4-1 home win against Aberdeen, Saturday was also a fine win but a very different performance.

On this day last year little did we know that we were about to go on a run of 10 matches without a win (and few draws) that would see the headline combination of "Hearts" and "Relegation" put together for the first time in many years.

As we know this run came to an end at home to Hibs in mid January. However, in the next ten days cup losses to Motherwell and then Rangers effectively ended the season.

Despite some decent performances after that and a very brief hope that the top six would be made, when all was said and done we got the position that our team deserved last year...

However, my point (finally!) I am much more optimistic about the chances of of this years Hearts pushing on and confirming a top six finish and possible UEFA qualification than I ever was about last years...I just can't see a team that was capable of the fight shown on Saturday ever falling to the depths of the 07/08 squad.

Should we be performing better than we are right now...of course!

However, at the moment we are 2 points up on where we were this time last year. The team has show that it is capable of fight (Saturday and coming back from being down in matches this season...)

It is not going to be pretty, and at times it is going to be frustrating. However, finally I think we are seeing a very slight sparkle at the end of a long tunnel...

Step away from the class A's:rolleyes:

Haha nothing like wishfull thinking m8.

As i said though a couple years ago we would have been looking at that as a real possibility. The way were playing though it wouldnt suprise me to beat accies get beat from ICT the Falkirk and actually beat Rangers.

We'll not beat (or draw come to mention it) Falkirk....

Nonsense

their is no reason why who shouldnt beat them, i went and watched them against Inverness last week. Higdon up front is less mobile than nade of last year.

They are no great shakes this season

We've won what? One in our last 6? Pretty poor form really. 7 out of 9 would be incredible really i wont be surpised if we only get 1 or 3 however

Hamilton 3 points = Must

Falkirk 3 points - must

We need points yes, but its far to early to say we need 7 to stay in contention. Utd seem like the only side with any kind of consistancy just now, but they will have there hicups. Got a feeling it will be tight this season with Hibs tailing off and getting relegated. :107years:

We've won what? One in our last 6? Pretty poor form really. 7 out of 9 would be incredible really i wont be surpised if we only get 1 or 3 however

Surely the point (!) is that these matches were against Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic...all clubs who were stronger performers than us last year and Kilmarnock who had made a very solid start to the season.

The matches coming up are against teams who we should (must!) be expecting to perform strongly against if we are to make improvement on last season?

Charlie-Brown
one game at a time, lads.

Correct! I hate it when people start saying x points from y games for whilst it's always of course perfectly possible & desirable, it's Hearts, nothing is ever easy, life likes to kick us in the chuckies every so often, it rarely ever works out as we've planned..........

I think 7 is optimistic.

I'll settle for winning the two home games. Anything we get in Inverness will be a bonus, it's usually tough up there.

We'll win tomorrow. And it will be our first win by more than one goal this season. ICT and Falkirk I'm not so sure about.

Midweek beer and football tomorrow - how good is that? I'm straining at the leash already.

portobellojambo1

Hamilton 3 points = Must

Falkirk 3 points - must

I would like to think 7 points is achievable from these fixtures, I am confident we will win the two home games, and would be happy enough with a point up in Inverness on Saturday (although all 3 would be much more welcome). As has been said on various other threads over the last couple of weeks there are a number of teams covered by a very small points differential, and any team that can go on a winning streak will pull themselves away from the rest.

Correct! I hate it when people start saying x points from y games for whilst it's always of course perfectly possible & desirable, it's Hearts, nothing is ever easy, life likes to kick us in the chuckies every so often, it rarely ever works out as we've planned..........

I had to chuckle when I read the quote from Pressley that you have chosen to include when it is coupled with your comments above...

Charlie-Brown
I had to chuckle when I read the quote from Pressley that you have chosen to include when it is coupled with your comments above...

:) I see where your coming from but i wasn't being negative, just cautionary - too often we make assumptions about easier runs of games but it seldom works out as we imagine - Frails 15 pts targets last season being an example - we got zip....anyway as Alex MacDonald said in 85-86 and Uncle Albert said above take one game at a time ... it's a wise maxim.

If we want to win the league I think we'll need to take at least 4 points from those 3 games i'm afraid guys. Easier said than done.

If we want to win the league we'd have to take 24 points from those 3 games !!!

To be honest, a lot hinges on tonight's game with Hamilton.

Should we win tonight, perhaps win convincingly, then confidence will be high for a trip to Inverness of that back of two good victories. However, if we struggle tonight, and drop points, then that long trip to the always tough ICT will be a much tougher proposition.

For the last few seasons I've viewed 60 points as a decent points target, it should be enough for a place in Europe (55 could be enough this season). My formula for achieving 60 points is zero points against the Old Firm, win all your home games and draw all your away games against the rest. It might be negative to look at zero points against the Old Firm but due to our terrible record against them over the years any point against them is probably a bit of a bonus when we are effectively playing in a 10 team league.

Based on this formula we should have been looking at 20 points at this stage. If we are aiming for Europe we have to be looking at 3 points from games like tonight or we'll have to make up the points from unlikelier sources.

For the last few seasons I've viewed 60 points as a decent points target, it should be enough for a place in Europe (55 could be enough this season). My formula for achieving 60 points is zero points against the Old Firm, win all your home games and draw all your away games against the rest. It might be negative to look at zero points against the Old Firm but due to our terrible record against them over the years any point against them is probably a bit of a bonus when we are effectively playing in a 10 team league.

Based on this formula we should have been looking at 20 points at this stage. If we are aiming for Europe we have to be looking at 3 points from games like tonight or we'll have to make up the points from unlikelier sources.

Nice formula....simple and makes a lot of sense, going to use that one myself from now on as well!!

Castle Magyar
I...

Hamilton 3 points = Must

Falkirk 3 points - must

It's a nice thought, 9 would be better, previous 18-24 months performances suggest much less.

Archived