Dougie MacDonald: stats

dkmmgcycbwc

BEFORE tomorrow's game and before the inevitable inquest into whether MacDonald's performance and decisions were simply bad or personally biased could someone please update the incredible statistics relating to Hearts results in games he has refereed.

I think they answer the question raised above.

Thanks.

So basically you are saying there is no point playing tomorrows game, as Dougie MacDonald is the ref so we will inevitably lose the match.... :rolleyes:

So basically you are saying there is no point playing tomorrows game, as Dougie MacDonald is the ref so we will inevitably lose the match.... :rolleyes:

We might sneak a draw.

;)

We might sneak a draw.

;)

I was a bit worried there, I take it Calum Murray must be running the line then, he is a good jambo after all.

No I'm not saying that but I personally think it makes the game a lot more difficult and the statistics appear to back that up. My reason for posting this now is that AFTER the event - and even if, as on Saturday, we do manage a win - I think raising issues now has more credibility than it would after a bad result.

Also one day one of the journalists (who obviously do read these pages) MIGHT have the integrity to put in print these totally extraordinary figures. But I'll not hold my breath on that one...

I think raising issues now has more credibility than it would after a bad result.

I agree with you there, and just for the record I think Dougie MacDonald is right up there with Mike McCurry as the countries worst ref.

Not sure, but I think it's one win in 14 games. If I am wrong ,I am not far off!.

It is something like that but I don't know if they include the Gretna cup final as a win (on pens) or a draw (after extra time).

The Old Tolbooth

Inside 90 minutes our record with him (I think) is 2 wins in 22 games

I said inside 90 minutes because he was in charge of the SC final involving us and he tried his utmost to cause an upset, he was Gretnas best player by a country mile!

Definitive answer extrapolated from Londonhearts.com

Played - 31

Won - 7 (22.6%)

Drawn - 11 (35.5%)

Lost - 13 (41.9%)

Stats which bear no resemblance to our league results over the past decade, he would have us relegated if he reffed us every week. Although the results may be skewed by the fact that he seems to ref us in Glasgow at least once a season and he never reffed a Hearts home game for a couple of seasons after the Levein spat, he's still a Hobo cheat.

Played - 31

Won - 7 (22.6%)

Drawn - 11 (35.5%)

Lost - 13 (41.9%)

Thanks Flimsy. That's what I was looking for. Recently, since the original London Hearts results were posted here, I think he has has a win and a loss, but no doubt you have included them.

Played - 31

Won - 7 (22.6%)

Drawn - 11 (35.5%)

Lost - 13 (41.9%)

Thanks Flimsy. That's what I was looking for. Recently, since the original London Hearts results were posted here, I think he has has a win and a loss, but no doubt you have included them.

For comparison Our SPL record against Celtic is 8 wins in 39 (20.5). In other words winning against Dougie Mcdonald is almost as difficult as winning against Celtic and certainly less frequent than against any other opposition

footieman is wrong to say that there's no point in turning up because the underdog sometimes wins .

It's possible that it's just coincidence that a certain referee happens to get games in which Hearts happen to underperform but I did a statistical analysis last time this came up comparing the win ratio in games under MacDonald with the Win Ratio of all our other games over the relevant seasons.

I calculated the proability of this imbalance occuring randomly if Dougie McDonald didn't lower our chances to be in the region of 1%. This is quoted from memory because I've not been able to find the thread.

If someone posts the link to the LondonHearts I'll crunch the numbers and get an updated estimate of the likeliehood that Dougie McDonald isn't corrupt, biased and spitefull

all you need to know about mcdonald can be summed up by remembering the 2006 scottish cup final.

gretna player townsley and hartley run down a ball going out of play on the stand side line, townsley takes a sly kick at hartley to goad him into retaliation, hartley falls for it and boots townsley, mcdonald swans across and sends off hartley while ignoring townsley.

mcdonald in a proverbial nutshell.

Nucky Thompson

There will be no need for the linesman or 4th official to get involved tomorrow to feck us up that's for sure:rolleyes:

According to Our all time Win Record in SPL matches is

159/382 = 41.6%

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/lspl.html

If the 7/31 figure is correct

Our all time Win Record in SPL matches not officiated by Dougie McDonald is

152/351=43.3

We have won around half as often with him officiating as without.

Taking this as our control Sample the probability of getting less than 8 wins in 31 matches if the sample was the same as the control sample is 1.38%. That's odds of 72/1 against.

all you need to know about mcdonald can be summed up by remembering the 2006 scottish cup final.

gretna player townsley and hartley run down a ball going out of play on the stand side line, townsley takes a sly kick at hartley to goad him into retaliation, hartley falls for it and boots townsley, mcdonald swans across and sends off hartley while ignoring townsley.

That's another reason I wasn't bothered about that Mickey Mouse club going t!ts up!! Some of their players, I hated more than some Hobo players!!

Back on Topic, Dougie McDonald is a Cheatin Hobo Barsteward...Unfortunately, No one cares except Us!!

Add to that Rudi's desperate attempt to stay on his feet when he was tackled in the Gretna penalty box. Was obvious McHobo was desperate to send him off if he went down - and Rudi and our players were clearly forewarned too, which speaks volumes as to how obvious McDonald's bias is.

Come to think of it, has there EVER been a Hearts-leaning referee?

peebles jambo

is there any way you can let your feelings be known on an sfa website, surely they must know he is a cheating hibby ******

Add to that Rudi's desperate attempt to stay on his feet when he was tackled in the Gretna penalty box. Was obvious McHobo was desperate to send him off if he went down - and Rudi and our players were clearly forewarned too, which speaks volumes as to how obvious McDonald's bias is.

yes, another good example. that was a case of trying to keep your footing to save a red card if ever i saw one.

the penalty could still have been awarded...... but naturally it wasn't.

i thought the gretna penalty was on the soft side as well.

According to Our all time Win Record in SPL matches is

159/382 = 41.6%

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/lspl.html

If the 7/31 figure is correct

Our all time Win Record in SPL matches not officiated by Dougie McDonald is

152/351=43.3

We have won around half as often with him officiating as without.

Taking this as our control Sample the probability of getting less than 8 wins in 31 matches if the sample was the same as the control sample is 1.38%. That's odds of 72/1 against.

TC you really really really need to get a life ya kagool, anorack, trainspotter etc ;)

Where on earth is officer Dibble when you need him? Off to the cells with you:)

PS thanks for the info

The only referee that i remember who's a Jambo was the one that didn't give us a penalty at Dens Park in '86 when Sandy Clark was brought down! Can't remember his name offhand but during all the press coverage of the Miko/Andy Davis fiasco (with Davis suposedly a Rangers fan), he said he didn't want to give Hearts the penalty as it might've been suggested he gave it because he was a Jambo and showed bias! If that was the case, why was he given that match in the first place? You have to ask though...had it been a penalty for one of the "bigott brothers", would that've stopped a ref that supported one of them!? I think not!

Isn't Stuart Dougal a Hearts fan?

Hibs fans certainly seem to think he is. Plus he gets a lot of derbies and I think we have a very good record in them.

The only referee that i remember who's a Jambo was the one that didn't give us a penalty at Dens Park in '86 when Sandy Clark was brought down! Can't remember his name offhand but during all the press coverage of the Miko/Andy Davis fiasco (with Davis suposedly a Rangers fan), he said he didn't want to give Hearts the penalty as it might've been suggested he gave it because he was a Jambo and showed bias! If that was the case, why was he given that match in the first place? You have to ask though...had it been a penalty for one of the "bigott brothers", would that've stopped a ref that supported one of them!? I think not!

Bill Crombie who was ref in the '87 semi was a Jambo. Is he who you are thinking of?

Re the Skacel non-penalty McDonald wrote something along the lines of "at first sight it was a penalty..but subsequent viewing has proved my interpretation right". But "first sight" is what you had Mr McD.!!

The Old Tolbooth
Definitive answer extrapolated from Londonhearts.com

Played - 31

Won - 7 (22.6%)

Drawn - 11 (35.5%)

Lost - 13 (41.9%)

Stats which bear no resemblance to our league results over the past decade, he would have us relegated if he reffed us every week. Although the results may be skewed by the fact that he seems to ref us in Glasgow at least once a season and he never reffed a Hearts home game for a couple of seasons after the Levein spat, he's still a Hobo cheat.

Would be interesting to see his record after his fight with Craig Levien following the Rugby Park debacle, I'm sure it's round about 2 in 22 games won or something along those lines.

The Old Tolbooth
Re the Skacel non-penalty McDonald wrote something along the lines of "at first sight it was a penalty..but subsequent viewing has proved my interpretation right". But "first sight" is what you had Mr McD.!!

When interpreted, means he cheated!

Isn't Stuart Dougal a Hearts fan?

Hibs fans certainly seem to think he is. Plus he gets a lot of derbies and I think we have a very good record in them.

that's cause the hobos are ***** ;)

Bill Crombie was the Dens 86 ref ..............

He grew up a Jambo but said he lost all allegiances when he became a Grade

1 ref ... he didn't think it was right for a ref to support anyone:eek:

he's more interested in finding youngsters nowadays... I think for St Johnstone

he was a Janitor/Maintenance in a W Edinburgh Council Building

What, you mean like when he didn't see Balde nearly breaking Bednar's leg in the box at Parkhead because he "was too far away to see"? Eh, that's what the linesmen (and fourth officials apparently!) are there for Doogie.

Not really one for the conspiracy theories, but he undoubtedly has it in for us. Whether that's because he's a Hibs fan or has something against us because Levein highlighted his incompetence, I've no idea.

Macdonald is a cheat and a hobo.

This clown should never ref any games Hearts are involved in. As one poster says, nobody bothers about it apart from us, so nothing gets done.

I am the kind of guy that would help someone in distress but with this clown i would walk on by and leave him to get on with it.

john brownlee

I was going to go to the match tomorrow and skip my night class but when I was informed that hobocheat was the ref. I was afraid I might burst a blood vessal or shout shameful things and upset he wee girl that sits in front of me. (already done it once this season)

Its only one game

LOL!!! did he really say that?

so basically he thought it looked like a penalty but then immediately he had to think of reasons why he didn't have to give one.

surely the maroon shirt is enough of a reason for the cheating bassa.

Perhaps it's just as well that Townsley was not dismissed, because, if my memory serves me well, did he not miss one of the penalties?

Perhaps it's just as well that Townsley was not dismissed, because, if my memory serves me well, did he not miss one of the penalties?

you're quite right.

i've also often thought that it would have been sod's law that hartley would have missed one. it could be that someone was smiling on us from above.

we'll never know.

Would be interesting to see his record after his fight with Craig Levien following the Rugby Park debacle, I'm sure it's round about 2 in 22 games won or something along those lines.

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

I'm sure the results will be significantly different.

:mad: Tosser.

Bill Crombie was the Dens 86 ref ..............

He grew up a Jambo but said he lost all allegiances when he became a Grade

1 ref ... he didn't think it was right for a ref to support anyone:eek:

he's more interested in finding youngsters nowadays... I think for St Johnstone

he was a Janitor/Maintenance in a W Edinburgh Council Building

Can confirm 100% that he never ever lost his allegiance.

Hearts Heritage
Hearts Heritage

I'm not sure if Hartley made much, if indeed any contact with the big beanpole, but Townsley hadn't even hit the deck before McDonald ran over, and in a way that only attention seeking refs can, flourished the red card in Hartley's face.

Absolute disgrace.

Apart from the sheer relief of winning the penalty shootout, the best bit of the day was when McDonald went up to collect his medal, a booming 'SFA get tae ******' chant went up that the TV coverage couldn't possibly have drowned out.

Billy Bigtime

Stats, schmatz.

I'm willing to bet that, even as we speak McDonald is oiling up his old chap in preparation for stick it right up us tomorrow!

Marooned In Oz

Not a hearts leaning referee but we seem to get a decent amount of decisions when Stuart Dougal is refereeing.

I've always thought dougal was a fair, good referee. Probably the only ref I would actually be happy to see in the middle when Hearts are playing.

Archived