3 match ban

vladsmad

According to STV Michael Stewart suspended for next 3 games. Might be a chance for Kingston to play in his best position, in the middle, directing play.

Broxburn Jambo
According to STV Michael Stewart suspended for next 3 games. Might be a chance for Kingston to play in his best position, in the middle, directing play.

Who is going to run for him?

9 points on sat plus 12 already earned takes him through 20 point threshold which is another 2 games on top of 1 automatic for the red card.

Unless he has went over the points threshold thats a bit harsh is it no ? :rolleyes:

Aye was thinking that, it must be the automatic 1 match ban and then the other 2 down the line don't think it will be 3 straight in a row.

He really needs to screw the nut. Not a pup anymore and with us having a young team who look to older players for guidance - not setting a great example.

Hopefully the next 3 games see's us playing well and picking up points. Something for Stewart to think about while this is happening.

also according to STV sport - the TV cameras missed the incident.

strange. were there not claims in the papers that TV evidence showed it was an outrageous assualt?

anyhoo... hearts will no doubt be appealing it. in the event of the incident not being half as bad as it's been made out to be, TV evidence might have been handy to underpin any appeal.

.... but there isn't any... or so we are being told.

i smell a rat, and it's not derek riordan trying to get into the boozer next door.

Hearts Heritage

anyhoo... hearts will no doubt be appealing it. in the event of the incident not being half as bad as it's been made out to be...

I was at the game and like 95% of the others missed it. However those Hearts fans who saw it said it was a definite straight red; the thing that annoyed us was the 3 minute delay.

The send off definitely galvinised the side to pick up the 3 points.

I was at the game and like 95% of the others missed it. However those Hearts fans who saw it said it was a definite straight red; the thing that annoyed us was the 3 minute delay.

i'm sure you're right. i believe the guys who have said so. one thing i don't believe is that mcpherson and the 4th official both had views of it that were so clear that it left no doubt whatsoever as to the proper course of action.

one or both of them is at it... imho.

i'm sure you're right. i believe the guys who have said so. one thing i don't believe is that mcpherson and the 4th official both had views of it that were so clear that it left no doubt whatsoever as to the proper course of action.

I don't much care about Stewart missing three games. He's increasingly become a liability in the past two months.

However, I would like the club to query Gus McPherson's claim that "the pictures clearly showed there was a kick that took out two of my players".

What pictures was he looking at?

The St Mirren crowd saw it as you can hear on the highlights (as the camera follows Driver out to the left). The 4th official, McPherson, the St Mirren fans, and our bench should have had the perspective to see both the ball and the Stewart tangle.

Behind our goal it was hard to see what happened, but I don't think it is far fetched to say that those in the main stand saw it.

What interested me more is that none of our coaching staff attempted to reorganise the team after the sending off. Was left to the senior players to organise.

Yep, though it's a pity that some action was not taken against Murray as well. He tried to trip Stewart after he had played the pass and the "red mist obviously" descended because of that. It's not the poor St Mirren victim in all of this as Gus macPherson was trying to get everyone to believe - Murray was the instigator of the whole incident and escaped unpunished.

HEARTS bad boy Michael Stewart has been hit by a three-match ban.

The midfielder's red card against St Mirren sent him crashing through the disciplinary points barrier.

Stewart lashed out at Hugh Murray and was sent off by ref Mike McCurry after advice from fourth official Bobby Madden.

Dismissal for violent conduct carries a penalty of 12 points and after serving a suspension last term, Stewart has been dealt an additional ban.

He sits out tomorrow's clash with Hamilton but will be eligible for Saturday's trip to Inverness. He will serve the remainder of his ban against Falkirk on November 22 and Rangers the following week.

Meanwhile, boss Csaba Laszlo praised Icelander Eggert Jonsson, who scored the winner at Love Street while playing at centre-half.

Jonsson - who began his career as a midfielder then switched to right-back - moved to central defence after Marius Zaliukas and to Karipidis were ruled out.

Laszlo said: "Attitude is important - every day he gives 120 per cent and I wish there were more like him."

It actually brings me onto a question that is being asked down in England. How many times does a ref need to come close to making a monumental erse of things before he gets binned? Not saying that Stewart didn't deserve to get sent off but the length of time is took to sort it out is ridiculous. Bearing in mind that they are all in contact with each other then surely it would take no time at all to ask his supporting cast of hooks, crooks and comic singers if they had seen anything? As the Times said yesterday, McCurry is becoming a controversy magnet.

As a little appendix to what I just said this isn't a rant against bias against the J.T.'s but more a complaint about the man who is becoming, to quote the horrible little man that is Joe Kinnear, 'a Mickey Mouse ref.'

It actually brings me onto a question that is being asked down in England. How many times does a ref need to come close to making a monumental erse of things before he gets binned? Not saying that Stewart didn't deserve to get sent off but the length of time is took to sort it out is ridiculous. Bearing in mind that they are all in contact with each other then surely it would take no time at all to ask his supporting cast of hooks, crooks and comic singers if they had seen anything? As the Times said yesterday, McCurry is becoming a controversy magnet.

As a little appendix to what I just said this isn't a rant against bias against the J.T.'s but more a complaint about the man who is becoming, to quote the horrible little man that is Joe Kinnear, 'a Mickey Mouse ref.'

I'm pleased that MS has been suspended 'cos he's reverted to type and is proving a liability.....again. Unfortunately Csaba thinks he's the bees knees and would probably keep playing him no matter how badly he played. MS should stick to TV punditry which he is good at. This gives Ruben or Obua a chance in the MF :)

after watching the highlights programme last night i have to question the motives of people when they come out with the things they do.

the guy on the hearts game made some kind of reference to stewart's dismissal being "ironic" given that he was the 'poppy day ambassador' or something.

presuming there was some point to him making such a remark, i'm wonder exactly what the insinuation is. is he somehow insinuating that stewart in some way dishonoured the poppy symbol, remembrance day or armistice day? is he suggesting that a player should behave in a different way to how he would otherwise behave because of it?

stewart got this half-baked guilt trip cobblers last season too because of his red card at tannadice just after phil o'donnell had died. more than one media clown threw allegations his way that he had somehow dishonoured the memory of phil o'donnell by getting himself sent off. hearts as a team were also cast as panto villians by at least one paper.

the stomach churning thing for me in all that is that it's actually the holier-than-thou trouble makers that make these insinuations that disrespect the memory of tragic young men who die on a football field or heroic men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

We must be heading for that record fine in January. Is that not 4 sendings off this season already?

Miko vs The Huns

The Egg vs The Arabs

Zal vs The Terrorist Lovers

Stewart vs The Midden

We must be heading for that record fine in January. Is that not 4 sendings off this season already?

Miko vs The Huns

The Egg vs The Arabs

Stewart vs The Midden

Yip 2 players sent off in 2 games, its like the good old days............

Miko vs The Huns

The Egg vs The Arabs

Stewart vs The Midden

better believe it. this is what comes of a corrupt system which allows an organisation to prosecute the disciplinary record of a team, collect the monetary penalties and directly benefit from said monetary penalties....

.... when it's the same rotten lot that are dishing out the cards!!!!

no vested interest there then.

Miko vs The Huns

The Egg vs The Arabs

Stewart vs The Midden

So much for "distsipleen". :rolleyes:

Archived