Do you think the Hearts 'strikers' are ashamed?

i8hibsh

Played 12

Scored 13

Striker scoring in just 1 game - and from a midfield position

I really hope they are.

Before anyone starts - I am not being too critical

The amount of balls that get fired into the box (striker's hunting ground) is unbelievable!!

They are getting fed but they are just not showing the hunger!

None of them have a strikers mind or instinct

They can't read each other and constantly drift out of position

this might improve if we actually had 2 strikers playing upfront but then again maybe not

when we have tried it in games it is a shambles.

They can't read one another

Carl Weathers

It's a frightening statistic.

Surely the current tactics must take some of the blame?

Edit:

When was the last time Hearts had a great front pairing that played week in, week out?

Half the SPL has failed to score any more goals than Hearts so are they embarrassed too? :)

Yes but my post is about STRIKERS

Every team has at least a striker scoring

Charlie-Brown
Yes but my post is about STRIKERS

Every team has at least a striker scoring

That's true but it's goals that win games and if they aren't scoring any more goals than us overall then are they any better from an attacking point of view?

Do you think the Hearts 'strikers' are ashamed?

no just pretty crap ;)

Excatly

they are paid to score goals and they don't

It is like paying a plumber to fix your sink and he can't do it

A carpenter that can't make a table

A butcher who gets squeemish at cutting meat

A French interpreter who can't speak French

An airline pilot that can't fly a plane

A driving instructor who can't drive

and so on and so forth - i'm sure you get my drift

when have we tried it? genuine question.

there have been times when we have made subs and had Mole and Nade on.

We have had Makela and Mole on (start of season)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'd be interested to see out of those goals scored how many were actually scored by a striker?

If we actually stuck with two strikers for half a dozen games (Glen+Nade), this would give them time to settle.

You cant expect a strike force to gel unless you give them a fair run in the team - under the regime this wont ever happen.:mad:

I think we should try and get Kevin McKenna on loan. He puts the current hearts forwards to utter shame - a defender who knew where the bloody net was!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Edit:

When was the last time Hearts had a great front pairing that played week in, week out?

Bednar and Jankauskas? Can't think of another regular pairing.

If Nade sticks in and puts in the sort of work he did against St Mirren he can hold his head up high and has nothing to be ashamed about. We could do with getting more goals from our forwards but we are playing a formation where you would expect a lot of the goals to come from elsewhere, don't really care who scores as long a we win and the players put a shift in.

there have been times when we have made subs and had Mole and Nade on.

We have had Makela and Mole on (start of season)

Mole and Makela for about 15 minutes against Motherwell, in which time we scored. Mole and Nade I remember being on at the same time for the end of the Inverness game in which time we completely retreated but it wasn't a disaster.

We haven't started a single game with two strikers. if we do that for a couple of games and it is still mince, then we can criticise the forwards. Our team is just not set-up to allow anyone other than a world beater, which we don't have, shine as a striker.

Carl Weathers

I'm not sure how many games they actually played together. Janny always seemed to be crocked!

I hope they're not ashamed. Nade and Mole are not being played as penalty box strikers. As GA said above, they get very poor service, and it's inevitably service that pushes them from a central position to wide. More often than not, we're actually playing with no striker, which is a very odd position for a football club to find itself in, but that's a puzzle that only the management can solve.

Nade would have had every reason to be ashamed last season, but not at the moment. Mole doesn't have the requisite quality in my view, but again he's making the effort.

Played 12

Scored 13

Striker scoring in just 1 game - and from a midfield position

I really hope they are.

Before anyone starts - I am not being too critical

The amount of balls that get fired into the box (striker's hunting ground) is unbelievable!!

They are getting fed but they are just not showing the hunger!

None of them have a strikers mind or instinct

i don't think they will be, or should be, ashamed. disappointed... yes, determined to redress the situation... yes, willing to do what ever it takes to become a better player... i hope so.

what is clear is that, should this go on much longer, we wont keep gettin away with it for long. scoring once in a game is not going to get you many points in the long run.

score 2 or more per game and you wont lose very many, therefore perhaps as a team hearts are not far away from putting a good run together, but the strikers do need to start contributing pretty darn fast.

I remember at some stage in the last two seasons my dream pairing was an on-form, motivated, fit Jankauskas with a "mentally attuned" Pinilla. They would have ripped SPL defences to shreds.

Drylaw Hearts

IIRC....

Nade, who I thought played very well on Saturday, had only 1 shot on goal the entire time he was on the park - and that was in the first 30 seconds.

We desperately need a striker who has an eye for goal.

Charlie-Brown
IIRC....

Nade, who I thought played very well on Saturday, had only 1 shot on goal the entire time he was on the park - and that was in the first 30 seconds.

We desperately need a striker who has an eye for goal.

We do but these guys don't come cheap DH unless you can unearth a bargain somewhere but everybodies always looking at/for goalscorers.....

We do but these guys don't come cheap DH unless you can unearth a bargain somewhere but everybodies always looking at/for goalscorers.....

The old scouting network. I wonder what we deploy with this these days?

Guest jambomickey

how is it motherwell, hibs, dundee utd, aberdeen etc etc strikers can score goals then?

Drylaw Hearts

A half decent scouting system would have unearthed a striker that could at least have a few shots on goal during a match.

Football_Manager_2007_pc.jpg

Hopefully they made better progress than myself. Past season 01/02, could not make head nor tail of these games.

:sad:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I might be wrong but brandidng them an embarresment really wont make them inprove. Not saying we pamper them but a bit gentle encouragement might work.

Edit:

Bednar and Jankauskas?

mole was in the paper a couple weeks ago saying he isnt feeling the pressure because its a team game and others are chipping in with goals. i thought that attitude was crap! any striker who isnt scoring should be feeling pressure IMO.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I'm not sure how many games they actually played together. Janny always seemed to be crocked!

Velicka and Nade got a few continuous games together last season. Velicka seemed to get most of his goals with a striking partner.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bednar and Jankauskas were hardly prolific strikers in terms of goals though. It was their strength and movement that created the opportunity, however, for the likes of Hartley and Skacel to burst from midfield to score.

I actually don't care who scores goals for us as long as we score. That said, we do need to improve things up front although Nade, by all accounts, seems to have screwed the nut, which is good.

I might be wrong but brandidng them an embarresment really wont make them inprove. Not saying we pamper them but a bit gentle encouragement might work.

?10 grand per week is their encouragement mate. I am simply not going to swallow that one

They are adults and professionals

They should stop their feckin suliking as noone said it was easy.

It is their job to get the job done

We actually haven't had a striker that has an eye for goal since Adam and Mcswegen and then before that obviously the wee man

give your keyboard a shake... think some of the keys are stuck ? :)

?10 grand per week is their encouragement mate. I am simply not going to swallow that one

They are adults and professionals

They should stop their feckin suliking as noone said it was easy.

It is their job to get the job done

You can only pish with the ****** you've got, i8. As long as they're giving their all, we can't ask for any more: the striker situation at the club is the responsibility of the owner. It arguably wasn't quite right even in 05/6, and has got progressively worse since. Mind you, to be fair to Vlad, together with our ludicrous dearth of right backs, it seems to be a Hearts thing too: who've we had who was real class up front since Robbo? Adam? Velicka?

Geoff Kilpatrick
We actually haven't had a striker that has an eye for goal since Adam and Mcswegen and then before that obviously the wee man

So Bednar and Janny should be ashamed as well then by that logic? :rolleyes:

Actually, Andy Kirk had a great goals to game ratio. His failing was his first touch.

Archived