Riordan (again)

ayeken

Now banned from Edinburgh nightclubs for 5 years after sneaking into the Hive.

Police investigating an alleged incident in the club - if they find he was involved, he'll be banned for life.

:)

Seen him in City a couple years back....him and his mates were throwing bottles on the dancefloor, one of which hit me.

Nice to see him getting what he deserves.

****bag.

Saw him in Stereo in January 2008 with all his neddy mates...

...needless to say I was dragged to Stereo by some folk (I think the place is a dive!) and ironically I saw Deek that night

By the way, just realised the Hive incident was same one as a week or two ago - but this was what came out of the latest police/club unight meeting the other day.

Used to see him about plenty in my student days and can't say he ever acted as people claim he does all the time.

Also I think these bans are a bit OTT, can someone remind me exactly what criminal offences he has been charged and found guilty of relating to all these alleged offences he is banned for? thats right none.

In essence how can he be banned for assualting bouncers etc yet not have a criminal record for such.

Yes I know clubs have right of refusal etc but is trying to get into a club whilst banned really worthy of all the media attention it keeps getting and increased bans?

Im going to say no

for the record I still think he's a cant :)

Im surprised hibs haven't acted though as its awful PR

Used to see him about plenty in my student days and can't say he ever acted as people claim he does all the time.

Also I think these bans are a bit OTT, can someone remind me exactly what criminal offences he has been charged and found guilty of relating to all these alleged offences he is banned for? thats right none.

In essence how can he be banned for assualting bouncers etc yet not have a criminal record for such.

Yes I know clubs have right of refusal etc but is trying to get into a club whilst banned really worthy of all the media attention it keeps getting and increased bans?

Im going to say no

As someone who has worked in a nightclu, he has been in and still have friends in the industry, I can tell you, his behaviour is every bit as bad as you read in the paper (and in some cases worse). In fact, ive just been talking to one of mates, a manager in one of the nightclubs involved, who has been threatened on more than one occasion by him, and this is the case for other managers and staff around the city centre too.

I think you know the answer to why it gets media attention.;)

As to the ban, he does not need to have been charged with ANY offence to be barred from any establishment. Much like if it was a general member of the public. He is deemed as a nuisance and a safety risk to other members of the public and thats the reason he has been barred from said establishments. But I suspect you knew the answer to that yourself, as you have mentioned it in your post.

Im going to say no

Quite simply if the owner of any licenced establishment does not want him within their premises then they are well within the rights to refuse him entry.

As for the person himself, I've ben told by a number of very credible people who have witnessed the behaviour of him and his cronies that it is little wonder that he currently finds himself in the position that he does.

I know its there right but surely if Riordan's behaviour is as bad and regular as claimed he would have been reported to the police and charged.

The only explaination for him not being is either the clubs don't care, it isnt true, or the evidence/witnesses is unreliable.

It seems to me yet another case of clubs/bouncers making accusations without any backing, all unight is, is a little scheme were they can get round the fact their is no evidence to prosecute.

Thus its basically guilty until proven innocent, I would also reckon Unight making these claims without any legal backing i.e convictions is pretty questionable.

Theres a simple solution to it all if he is guilty and that is to report him and let a court give a legally binding asbo

I know its there right but surely if Riordan's behaviour is as bad and regular as claimed he would have been reported to the police and charged.

The only explaination for him not being is either the clubs don't care, it isnt true, or the evidence/witnesses is unreliable.

It seems to me yet another case of clubs/bouncers making accusations without any backing, all unight is, is a little scheme were they can get round the fact their is no evidence to prosecute.

Thus its basically guilty until proven innocent, I would also reckon Unight making these claims without any legal backing i.e convictions is pretty questionable.

Theres a simple solution to it all if he is guilty and that is to report him and let a court give a legally binding asbo

He has been reported and charged. On several occasions. He has even been to court over it, in which the media got carpeted for over publication of the incident.

I can tell you now, the incidents he is involved in are VERY real. You dont have to believe them or me posting it. Indeed you can come on here and wind people up about it. But with me having close friends on the receiving end of his abuse, threats etc, I believe them.

If its so questionable, why not legal action from Riordan for defamation of character? The scheme is allowed ban people, without people (not just him) being charged or convicted. trust me, ASBO is the next step. They do not want to go down that road to see if Riordan gets the hint. But I suspect you know and are carrying on with your usual MO.;)

Quite simply if I owned one of these premises i would want to keep him an his entourage out of my premises. With all the baggage that surrounds him I would feel that his very presence would be a catalyst for trouble, and why should any such establishment allow their well behaved patrons be put at risk.

I'm sorry but my heart bleeds for him - the clown is now reaping what he sowed.

He has been reported and charged. On several occasions. He has even been to court over it, in which the media got carpeted for over publication of the incident.

I can tell you now, the incidents he is involved in are VERY real. You dont have to believe them or me posting it. Indeed you can come on here and wind people up about it. But with me having close friends on the receiving end of his abuse, threats etc, I believe them.

If its so questionable, why not legal action from Riordan for defamation of character? The scheme is allowed ban people, without people (not just him) being charged or convicted. trust me, ASBO is the next step. They do not want to go down that road to see if Riordan gets the hint. But I suspect you know and are carrying on with your usual MO.;)

Sorry but if Riordan is walking around throwing bottles (assault), taking drugs and commiting regular assaults and affray as claimed in here why is it none of these charges have stuck?

The answer is either 1) they dont happen or 2) the accusers/witnesses are unreliable.

I dont believe for a second that riordan does this all the time and there is never CCTV or witnesses.

As for Deevers, if you didnt want him in your premises why not just report him to the police for all these alleged incidents and let someone with legal authority deal with him as opposed to a body with no legal powers. Its worth noting any attempt by bouncers to enforce these bans would likely amount to assault.

I personally think Riordan is a **** but I think its very unfair how Unight, and the scottish media can convict him of all these allegations were there is no legal conviction and in some of them he has actually been found not guilty.

Its a shocking infringement of human rights and from another perspective, all it takes is one bouncer/barman/bar manager to take objection to something innocous and make accusations and you are banned/ branded by unight.

:hobofish: How many have you caught Prancer...I don't believe for a MINUTE YOU actually BELIEVE what you post...:P

Got to say though, You're becoming (BECOMING, who the fek am I kiddin') boring now wee man...Go out, get a Burd, a Pal, anything...Honest, there's a big wide world out there son!! :cool:

Sorry but if Riordan is walking around throwing bottles (assault), taking drugs and commiting regular assaults and affray as claimed in here why is it none of these charges have stuck?

The answer is either 1) they dont happen or 2) the accusers/witnesses are unreliable.

I dont believe for a second that riordan does this all the time and there is never CCTV or witnesses.

As for Deevers, if you didnt want him in your premises why not just report him to the police for all these alleged incidents and let someone with legal authority deal with him as opposed to a body with no legal powers. Its worth noting any attempt by bouncers to enforce these bans would likely amount to assault.

I personally think Riordan is a **** but I think its very unfair how Unight, and the scottish media can convict him of all these allegations were there is no legal conviction and in some of them he has actually been found not guilty.

Its a shocking infringement of human rights and from another perspective, all it takes is one bouncer/barman/bar manager to take objection to something innocous and make accusations and you are banned/ branded by unight.

Why bother the police - just have your doormen stop him at the door and make it quite clear to him that he is not welcome and not to come back. The very fact that a number of clubs have got together and taken this action speaks for it's self. I don't really see why this should be such a big issue for you.

Oh dear. Do you truly believe what you writing?

He is banned for being a public nuisance. I think you'll see from my posts, I have said constant threats and abusive behaviour, not assault, which are two different problems. If you were a licensee, and had a customer, eg Mr John Smith, and he was constantly threatening your staff, would you want him in your establishment? I also know, from my experience and from people who work in the industry, that the Fiscal, cannot be bothered with incidents at nightclubs/pubs because it takes up too much of their time.

You know fine well, that people can be barred from pubs/clubs with no convictions etc, so ive no reason why you keep banging on about it apart from to keep to your usual MO.

As I said, if he has been treated unfairly, or thinks his human rights have been breached, why no legal action? Because its true and he has no other option?;)

Why bother the police - just have your doormen stop him at the door and make it quite clear to him that he is not welcome and not to come back. The very fact that a number of clubs have got together and taken this action speaks for it's self. I don't really see why this should be such a big issue for you.

So your basically admitting the Unight is a scheme which gets to find people guilty until proven innocent?

What a great scheme and in keeping with the british way of life and justice system

Maybe its just me but I think people should actually have to be found guilty before they can be branded in the way Unight does.

Especially considering most bouncers are absolute w***stains of the highest quality in edinburgh.

It wouldnt surprise me if anyone who speaks to the drunk teenagers they are trying to give a "lift home" too suddenly becomes a serial murderer the next day :rolleyes:

My argument is beyond just Riordan and refers to everyone unight go after, they should not be allowed to do this without a legal backing to do so i.e convictions

I also think its very relevant that despite all these accusations spannning about a decade now, riordan still hasnt been convicted in a court of law. Surely he isnt that lucky :eek:

So your basically admitting the Unight is a scheme which gets to find people guilty until proven innocent?

What a great scheme and in keeping with the british way of life and justice system

Maybe its just me but I think people should actually have to be found guilty before they can be branded in the way Unight does.

Especially considering most bouncers are absolute wankstains of the highest quality in edinburgh.

It wouldnt surprise me if anyone who speaks to the drunk teenagers they are trying to give a "lift home" too suddenly becomes a serial murderer the next day :rolleyes:

My argument is beyond just Riordan and refers to everyone unight go after, they should not be allowed to do this without a legal backing to do so i.e convictions

I also think its very relevant that despite all these accusations spannning about a decade now, riordan still hasnt been convicted in a court of law. Surely he isnt that lucky :eek:

Oh dear. How sad - Never mind:eek:

They do have legal backing. The Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976.

I know plenty of people who've been banned from my old local for this or that and in not one case were the police involved. Its just far less hassle for the bar to ban them, then bother themselves with getting the police involved.

Infringement of human rights? Get a ****ing grip...

They did. They made him captain. Carry on son, your doin a grand job. Oh, and by the way, here's a specail number for you too.

Chad Sexington

Especially considering most bouncers are absolute w***stains of the highest quality in edinburgh.

Prancer and Ratboy up a tree

K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

:heartpump::heartpump:

Why does anybody ever engage in any sort of debate with Prancer ?

Its clear he knows absolutely nothing about anything but geniunely believes he knows it all.

If you ignore him he might go away.

Why does anybody ever engage in any sort of debate with Prancer ?

Its clear he knows absolutely nothing about anything but geniunely believes he knows it all.

If you ignore him he might go away.

If Only Le Chat!! :(

Oh deary me a ratboy apologist on JKB :eek:

Having witnessed the little scrotes antics first hand i can safely say the reports are very real. Anyone remember the incident a few years back in Bar38? Me and a few mates were just about to go in there we were outside at the time waiting for others to show up when it all kicked off. Him and his scrawny little neds throwing bottles about etc. Ratboy was ushered out the back door for his OWN safety.

He also threatened a girl i know in City, she was there with her friend and friends boyfriend and he tried to leech onto her he tried the usual bawbag tactic of "do you know who Iam" when she replied genuinely (Because she doesnt follow football) that she didnt know he took offence thinking for some reason everyone on the planet should know him and recognise him.

When it looked like kicking off the bouncers ushered him away again and they told my friend and those she was with for their own safety it would be better if they left.

Can also tell you another story about Ratboy and two other Hibs players at the time, in Tranent social club, and this is from a Hibby as well. How they were partaking in a little nose powdering and actually selling.

Say What Again
Its worth noting any attempt by bouncers to enforce these bans would likely amount to assault.

I just know I'm going to regret replying to one of your posts, but are you trying to suggest that bouncers would have to assault someone to keep them off the premises, or that if bouncers don't let the person in, he'll then assault them?

Either way that's utter p1sh.

I seen "deek" that night with i few of my pal. Gave him some abuse, just for the banter and him and his pal just trundled away from us. Not what i expected from the wee ned.

He also looked like he was on summit.

Sheriff Fatman

It's nothing to do with being guilty or innocent of any criminal offence, pubs and clubs are private premises and can ban anybody they like for any reason they want (including wearing the wrong colour socks if they feel like it). The only people who have an absolute right to enter a licenced premises at any time are members of the licencing board and certain police officers when on duty.

Getting into a pub or a club is not a human right, it is at the discretion of the management and persistently being a pain in the arse may not be a criminal offence but it is more than enough to get barred from pubs.

I have banned a number of people from pubs and clubs I have worked over the years, and not once did I even think of making a complaint to the police. For one I happen to think that the police have better things to spend their time on than idiots that I was easily able to throw out myself and for another if a pub or club is constantly phoning the police to come to every single incident that occurs it gos on their record and can be brought up at licencing meetings.

Like Chester, I also spent a good wee while working in the licensed trade and what he says is absolutely true...Deeks and his entourage are very well known for their rather less than sociable antics and I've seen them in action too many times to ever think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

However, in reference to the incident at the Hive...on this occasion, Deeks himself did nothing and the stories about him assaulting someone are not true. Which in a weird way is a bit of a shame, cos I'd like nothing more than to see his sorry rat ass being dragged into a court room. :)

What I want to know is why is Ratboy on the Terrace. The sort of dicussion is worthy of Hobo.net only. I love it that the hobos employ complete w******!

blondejamtart

Sit through any licensing board meeting and you'll hear about similar cases all the time. The police, for instance, can also bring to the board's attention incidents alleged to have happened at a particular premises - even though nothing has ever come to court.

Archived