Pyramid news

Flimsy

FBK Kaunas and MTZ Ripo have both qualified for next season's 'Europa League' (retitled UEFA Cup). As this is the first time this has happened to the Romanov pyramid does anyone know the implications if Hearts also qualified for this tournament i.e. will all of Vladimir Romanov's clubs be able to participate or will there be deemed to be a conflict of interest?

Drylaw Hearts
FBK Kaunas and MTZ Ripo have both qualified for next season's 'Europa League' (retitled UEFA Cup). As this is the first time this has happened to the Romanov pyramid does anyone know the implications if Hearts also qualified for this tournament i.e. will all of Vladimir Romanov's clubs be able to participate or will there be deemed to be a conflict of interest?

IIRC.....

The highest ranking team gets priority if there is deemed to be any conflict of interest.

At the moment that would be Hearts.

surely they would need to qualify to the league stages for it to matter...

what's the chances that both make it ?

surely they would need to qualify to the league stages for it to matter...

what's the chances that both make it ?

The question is probably more relevant to Hearts qualifying, with Hearts and Kaunas both being in the Northern region a Hearts v Kaunas qualifier would be an early possibility. I agree that it is unlikely that Ripo would meet Hearts or Kaunas but I don't know if the POSSIBILITY would be nipped in the bud by only allowing one pyramid team to participate from the start. I suppose it all depends on whether UEFA deem there to be a conflict of interest at all, I remember seeing the wording once and it referred to an individual having an 'influence' on more than one club or something like that. I remember Chelsea playing CSKA Moscow in the Champions League once despite Roman Abrahamovic being a sponsor of the Russian team.

**** me, I completely forgot about Ripo. How's their stadium coming along?

Progressing at the same breathless pace as our new main stand, I think. :P

**** me, I completely forgot about Ripo. How's their stadium coming along?

20070529_empty_lot.jpg

Romanov's very own 'Field of Dreams' ;)

IF hearts,kaunas and ripo all qualify for the group stages fat chance i know but what do you think romonov would do if we were all put in the same group.

IF hearts,kaunas and ripo all qualify for the group stages fat chance i know but what do you think romonov would do if we were all put in the same group.

come out of hiding ;)

Carl Weathers

Some right glamour ties there.

:eek:

it wont matter 'cos apparently hearts will be in administration tomorrow, as well as kaunas, ripo, ukio bankas, ubig, romanov himself, his whelp of a son and the country of lithuania.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given that CSKA Moscow have played Chelsea in the group stages of the Champions League (Abramovich's company Sibneft sponsored CSKA at the time - no idea if they do now), I don't see this being an issue.

What might be an issue is Kaunas refusing permission for Hearts to play their loan players. :rolleyes:

Given that CSKA Moscow have played Chelsea in the group stages of the Champions League (Abramovich's company Sibneft sponsored CSKA at the time - no idea if they do now), I don't see this being an issue.

What might be an issue is Kaunas refusing permission for Hearts to play their loan players. :rolleyes:

Surely a good thing for Hearts? ;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I long for the day..:)

The mystery ?3.8m unattributed in the accounts. Could that maybe be a cumulative figure owed to Kaunas for all the loans we've had from them?

Geoff Kilpatrick
The mystery ?3.8m unattributed in the accounts. Could that maybe be a cumulative figure owed to Kaunas for all the loans we've had from them?

That's the common belief but our intellectually challenged chairman refused to confirm it.

That's the common belief but our intellectually challenged chairman refused to confirm it.

Maybe Stewart Fraser could clarify?

Progressing at the same breathless pace as our new main stand, I think. :P

Seeing as only 500 spectators were at the game to watch MTZ-RIPO qualify for the Europa Cup, I would suspect that the UBIG directors have had a quiet word in the mad one's ear about the viability of a 20,000 seater stadium.

It still disappoints me that no-one has been able to get a definitive answer on what that mystery ?3.8m was used for.

Shouldn't some fan's representative be trying to find out?

Archived