• Partick
    • Ross County
    • Dundee
    • Airdrie
    • Morton
    • Clyde
    • St Johnstone

Romanov Stole My Pension

From Division 1, who are you hoping to get promotion to the SPL?

For me it's gotta be Partick since I live 2 minutes away from Firhill. Although I've got a soft spot for Ross County, and McDiarmid park used to be a good away day.

Poll will be up in a second

Charlie-Brown

Whoever deserves it most - Livingston, Dunfermline, St Johnstone & Dundee would be relatively nearby away games whilst Airdrie & Clyde aint so far away either , Queen of the South away was always 'interesting' .... Morton is always freezing and/or raining!

St Johnstone for me. Lived in Perth years ago and took in quite a few Saints games at that time and have quite a few great memories of Hearts playing them at both Muirton Park and McDermid Park.

St Johnstone.

My mate is a Saints fan so it would be good to have them in the SPL. Also it is a decent away day and you don't have to go through west. And by west I mean West Lothian and beyond.

No brianer for me, hope its the saints that manage it this time. Felt their pain a couple of seasons ago when they thought they were promoted before Gretna stole it at the last minute. And I would finally get to at a couple of games a year without travelling.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
No brianer for me, hope its the saints that manage it this time. Felt their pain a couple of seasons ago when they thought they were promoted before Gretna stole it at the last minute. And I would finally get to at a couple of games a year without travelling.

My gran was from Perth and followed the Saints so they'll do for me

St Johnstone. Only because they have a semi-decent support and away games aren't too far away.

If not then Dunfermline (NOT Livingston because they bring that annoying drummer to the games!)

I voted Dundee, partly because I live there so it would be handy for games, partly because that would really annoy the St J lot (whom I cannot stand)

I'm not that bothered, but if anyone it'd be Dunfermline. A couple of ex Hearts players that I remember fondly there, plus it tends to be a decent trip. Would say Queens, but couldn't face watching us playing against Nelly Mac. :sad:

Dunfermline, its a home game for me (live in Dalgety Bay) decent crowds both home & away, and of course the famous Stephens the Bakers steak bake will go down a treat :)

Livi, Dundee, Saints and Dunfermline all have the stadium requirements but what about the rest?

lost in leith
Dunfermline, its a home game for me (live in Dalgety Bay) decent crowds both home & away, and of course the famous Stephens the Bakers steak bake will go down a treat :)

Livi, Dundee, Saints and Dunfermline all have the stadium requirements but what about the rest?

Partick and Airdrie have 10,000 seats. Clyde's 3 sided ground meets the new limits. Queens, Morton and Ross County are all miles away from an SFL compliant stadium.

It's generally accepted that people who forsake their local clubs to travel through to Glasgow and watch the old firm are worthy of dersion or contempt. Which means that the few Glaswegians who spurn the dubious charms of the Old Firm must be worthy of at least some respect.

So I voted for Partick

They play Emerson Lake and Palmer's Fanfare for the common man before Kick Off

They have a psychadelic Toucan as a mascot

It would offer the unique chance of not only going through to Glasgow with a good chance of seeing Hearts win but coming out of the stadium within easy walking distance of pubs that have the amenities that you just don't get around Ibrox or Parkhead (Like Windows).

Ross County for me really good youth development and the Highland teams are always tipped to go down by he weegie media.They`ve did well to achieve what they have done so far since the Highland league days.:)

Ross County for me only 45 minutes down the road :),Also would be happy if St Johnstone came back up as its an easy ground to get to from just about amywhere in Scotland. Both teams I admire a fair bit so its not just about the travel.

Livi because Meadowbank Thistle used to be my '2nd team', also it would be interesting to see if Calum Elliot is still there, and continues his goal scoring form in the 1st Division, if he can then carry it on back up in the big league.

I would like to see Dundee up in the SPL as it would be 4 away games down the road from my flat here in Dundee & united are obviously in the same street lol!....easy to get too!

HMFCjamieHMFC
St Johnstone. Only because they have a semi-decent support and away games aren't too far away.

If not then Dunfermline (NOT Livingston because they bring that annoying drummer to the games!)

a friend of mine told me he no longer goes as he fell out with the club

lost in leith
Livi because Meadowbank Thistle used to be my '2nd team'

:eek: Presumably you didn't have any mates who were real Meadowbank fans? With about 2 or 3 exceptions they were very anti the move to the land of the roundabouts. For a few years they really hated Livi, although I think the feeling passed soon after Bill Hunter left.

portobellojambo1

I voted for Queen of the South, the longer bus trips usually turn out to be the best away days.

Archived