Favourite non-hearts player?

Alan_R

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Was a massive fan of the great AC Milan team of the 90's. Evryone talked about the Dutch trio (and rightly so) but the most underated player in the world at that time was Dejan Savacevic. Did the mopping up work in the centre and let Gullit and Rijkaard play but also got forward as well. Fantstic player. By the way Boban is a great shout as well

Batigol.

Awesome goalscorer

Gabriel Batistuta? Used to love watching him, remember an overhead kick he scored from about 19 yards, unbelievable.

Pretty obvious choice of Lionel Messi, absolutely outstanding player! Can't beat watching a player who makes the opposition look like idiots who've been picked up off the street!

Add to the list therefore ryan giggs and thierry Henry!

Paul Scholes.

Model professional and has scored some cracking goals....very rare to get a 1 team player but he embodies everything great about Utd over the last 10 years....

Drylaw Hearts

Eric Cantona.

1966 was a great year for English football - Eric Cantona was born.

The man was class.

vialli,

rossi(ac milan keeper),

berkamp,

cantona,

barresa,

ronaldo(the fat one),

romario,

baggio,

del pierro,

campos(the crazy strips),

gasgoine,

laudrup,

larrson,

cooper,

dalglish,

souness,

ronaldo(the arrogant one),

tevez,

gerrard,

alonso(that boys a bit special),

jay jay okocha(so good they named him twice),

zidane(easily the best midfielder i think i've ever seen),

maradonna(enough said)

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Don't ask why, but I have always liked Steve Finnan.

Thought he was a good Right Back and he always did what he needed to do well. Never got as much credit as he deserved. But, he drifted out of the first team when Liverpool signed Arbeloa.

Was dissappointed to see him leave.

rossi(ac milan keeper)

ah big seb rossi, good keeper, bit of a character aswell.

on the topic of keepers anyone remember Jose Luis Chilavert?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
ah big seb rossi, good keeper, bit of a character aswell.

on the topic of keepers anyone remember Jose Luis Chilavert?

Was he the Paraguay keeper who used to take free kicks/pens?

Was he the Paraguay keeper who used to take free kicks/pens?

thats the one complete mentalist and actually a very good goalkeeper if a bit erratic.

thierry henry, cristiano ronaldo, scholsey, ronaldinho.. all good to watch on their day. actually there are quite a lot

beckham against argentina and that red card was a particular favourite footballing moment for me too

i know i'll get pelters for it, but i always had a soft spot for ally mccoist (except when he played against us) and was gutted he went to killie and not us, likewise, larsson was also great at his peak.

almost every hibs goal keeper for as long as i can remember, simply for sheer comedy value

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

toss up between 2 of the most talented players ive seen in the flesh plus love the way they go about the game... fernando torres and niko kranjcar

Loads I would consider, but currently Juan Roman Riquelme - definitely the classiest player I have seen play in the flesh.

Where do i start..Del Piero, Maradona, Gerrard are the ones that jump out instantly.

One ill get abuse for is Beckham. Think hes taken a lot of stick and sh*t yet continues to be a model pro.

Georgie Hagi for me, a genious.

True, you have to love a maverick.

I used to think Enzo Francescoli was a great player who got little credit. And Franco Baresi was a huge hero of mines.

Edit. I've just discovered that Zidane named one of his kids after Francescoli. Good enough for me if an amazing player can hero worship him.

True, you have to love a maverick.

I used to think Enzo Francescoli was a great player who got little credit. And Franco Baresi was a huge hero of mines.

Edit. I've just discovered that Zidane named one of his kids after Francescoli. Good enough for me if an amazing player can hero worship him.

another good shout. remember i used to always buy him on premier manager aswell.

this_is_my_story

Cannae believe the great Ra?l Gonz?lez hasn't had a mention! Superbly talented player. Other than those already mentioned on the thread, I'd say Hristo Stoichkov too, and I always thought David Ginola was brilliant to watch.

As far as Scottish players go, has to be Davie Cooper.

As a defender I always looked at centre halves as being my idols, especially Ruud Krol and Martin Buchan (Man U days) but all time hero's

Cantona & Maradona :)

Maradonna fir me by a mile. I doubt if I will ever see as good a player again. Also liked Platini, Van Basten, Maldini and Sammer. When I was wee my favourite Scotland players were Dalglish, McQueen and Wark.

Cruyff & Platini - also thought paul sturrock was a great player

According to an interview yesterday, Sturrock looked out for the results of 4 teams as a youngster. Hearts were one of them. He's been the manager of the other 3 and he wants to manage in Scotland again ... the paper left it hanging there.

I thought he was a nyaff as a player, niggly as anything.

With regard to the topic - I think Messi is the best player to watch in the world at the moment.

Charlie-Brown
According to an interview yesterday, Sturrock looked out for the results of 4 teams as a youngster. Hearts were one of them. He's been the manager of the other 3 and he wants to manage in Scotland again ... the paper left it hanging there.

I thought he was a nyaff as a player, niggly as anything.

With regard to the topic - I think Messi is the best player to watch in the world at the moment.

Sturrock was a niggly nyaff as a player as no doubt other teams fans saw that in Robertson & Colquhoun etc.

Centre backs in those days didn't feck about and people like Miller, McLeish, Rougvie, Aitken, T.McAdam, C.Paterson, R.McDonald, Narey, Hegarty etc were very 'robust' challengers.

I remember a few 4-0 trouncings Utd gave us at Tynie in the early eighties where Sturrock in particular ripped us a new one.....of course it was demoralising at the time but looking back Sturrock was a great player in an excellent Utd side.

Any link to that Sturrock article Coco? :)

Chris Waddle joining Wednesday was a "touching myself" day - brilliant player.

David Hirst if he had stayed clear of injuries and the beer would have been up there as one of the best.

Archived