2nd half performance

H.A.N.S

What was it like?

Once I seen Neilson on the right wing I left at half time, thought it had 0-0 written all over it. It was good back in the pub but when Jonnson's goal appeared and that Hubs were losing.

I'd say it was quite even. St Mirren maybe had slightly more chances.

On a side note, when was the last time you celebrated a goal against someone who wasn't Hibs, Celtic or Rangers like that, folks? I went fricking mental!

On a side note, when was the last time you celebrated a goal against someone who wasn't Hibs, Celtic or Rangers like that, folks? I went fricking mental!

The Motherwell 3-2 game (when Miko scored his cracker, in August) was good. Apart from that...nothing in 2008 that I can remember!

Guest juvehearts

LOL i know what you mean.

was amazing, GIRFU GFA!

thats all.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. The mood during the first half and half-time was pretty grim, and to be honest I think everyone was expecting to go home with no points after going down to ten men. Made the spirited second half performance all the sweeter, and, as you say, everyone went mental when the goal went in.

SoldierPalmer
Defending was top notch.

No Zal (bombscare) must make a difference - play Eggy there every week and send the turnip home.

Paisley Jambo
No Zal (bombscare) must make a difference - play Eggy there every week and send the turnip home.

Saw Zaliukas and bolderick look alike No.33 when leaving. They did not look too overjoyed that there teammates had won a much needed and hard fought victory.

No doubt Uncle Vlad will bring Zal back as Miko and Chesney are injured.

Just a thought did anyone see them when goal went in ?

I can see better forwards walking all over Eggert at CB tbh. I'd revert to Kari, or maybe give Robbie the gig as I like Kari in midfield.

No Zal is a definite plus though. He, Larry and Stewart need/needed a spell on the sidelines IMO, and they're all getting it.

Agree with your Jonsson statement.I thought we were lucky that St Mirren were rank rotten and Berra was great.Lucky we got a result or Casba would have been made to look clueless.

Hearts battled but it was a poor display.Going against most but we need Kingston back.We got off lightly with playing Robbie wide right and Eggert centre half.It will not happen again if it happened.

boabyarsebiscuit
What was it like?

Once I seen Neilson on the right wing I left at half time, thought it had 0-0 written all over it. It was good back in the pub but when Jonnson's goal appeared and that Hubs were losing.

I can sum up the performance of the 10 men with one word, "spirit". And Neilson made a difference (can't believe I'm saying that).

Indeed! I was glad I stayed (made as far as the steps out the back but was persuaded to stay).

The second half was the most enjoyable time watching Hearts this season.

All the players dug in and worked hard to get the victory. Was great to see.

The second half was the most enjoyable time watching Hearts this season.

All the players dug in and worked hard to get the victory. Was great to see.

Yes, an interesting period of football with which to assess the view that we still need Kaunas players to fill the gap until others grow into the squad...

Looks as if we would do just fine

What was it like?

I take it you (and all the Robbie moaners) were gutted that he was to thank for winning the freekick that resulted in the goal then??

:P

I wasn't at the game, but apparently he was solid as usual and didn't look like he hadn't played for 7 months.

He also had the right idea about fourth officials! :)

You're right

With Larry calling a ref a racist

Miko "chesting" a linesman

Malofeev lamping (in a handbags way) a fourth official

That's kind of a full house in my book.

I guess its hardly any wonder that each constituent part of the officials union has it in for us...

Drylaw Hearts

I havn't seen a Hearts team fight like that for a long time.

EVERY player gave his all during that 2nd half and they all deserved the standing ovation they got at the end of the game.

A special mention to EJ who threw himself in front of absolutely everything and tackled liked his life depended on it.

That's the sort of spirit we have been missing for a couple of season now.

boabyarsebiscuit
I take it you (and all the Robbie moaners) were gutted that he was to thank for winning the freekick that resulted in the goal then??

:P

I wasn't at the game, but apparently he was solid as usual and didn't look like he hadn't played for 7 months.

Neilson played well, in a "sleeves rolled up" type of way. I actually had him as my MoM in the weekly thread.

What we have lacked recently is a fighting spirit. We seemed to have that on Saturday in the second half. So a big "Well done" to the players.

Yes was a spirited performance.

Lets not get carried away though St Midden are gash and better teams would have punished us. Not happy at all about the way Stewart was sent off but by all accounts he did something and acc to Satan Tv (Jim Duffy) the 4th official is entitled to get involved.

You could see how much it ment to the players at the end and was a great feeling cos at 0-0 just prior to the goal if you had asked me i would have considered us lucky if we got a point out of it so to take three was brilliant.

csabba does have passion no doubt about that but i am starting to worry about his positional decisions. After Miko had gone off we had two righ backs down the right hand side and although Robbie did well he was almost marking Thomson at times and it offered us little in attack on that side.

We got out of Jail and I am happy for that but for example Rapnik has been on the bench almost all season and we suddenly find ourselves in a position where we are short in the middle of defence, his position. So what do we do we take a midfielder that has been converted into a RB and play him in central defence. It worked to an extent but better teams would walk all over us I fear. Then when miko gets injured we bring on another right back and again overlook Rapnik who could have taken over in defence and allowed Jonsson to revert to where he usually plays in midfield.

this playing one up is also killing me and the number of times Nade flicked it on to nobody or tried in vain to hold it as he had no support was incredible. Again we had forwards on the bench in Templeton and Makela. Maybe not great options as to though Templeton in may have not been a great idea and Makela is well Makela but if they are deemed good enough to be on the bench they have to be prepared to come on if needed and I think they were needed on Saturday.

Sorry if I sound negative as it was a fighting display against the odds but keep it in perspective it was St Midden and we were holding on.

Yes was a spirited performance.

Lets not get carried away though St Midden are gash and better teams would have punished us. Not happy at all about the way Stewart was sent off but by all accounts he did something and acc to Satan Tv (Jim Duffy) the 4th official is entitled to get involved.

You could see how much it ment to the players at the end and was a great feeling cos at 0-0 just prior to the goal if you had asked me i would have considered us lucky if we got a point out of it so to take three was brilliant.

csabba does have passion no doubt about that but i am starting to worry about his positional decisions. After Miko had gone off we had two righ backs down the right hand side and although Robbie did well he was almost marking Thomson at times and it offered us little in attack on that side.

We got out of Jail and I am happy for that but for example Rapnik has been on the bench almost all season and we suddenly find ourselves in a position where we are short in the middle of defence, his position. So what do we do we take a midfielder that has been converted into a RB and play him in central defence. It worked to an extent but better teams would walk all over us I fear. Then when miko gets injured we bring on another right back and again overlook Rapnik who could have taken over in defence and allowed Jonsson to revert to where he usually plays in midfield.

this playing one up is also killing me and the number of times Nade flicked it on to nobody or tried in vain to hold it as he had no support was incredible. Again we had forwards on the bench in Templeton and Makela. Maybe not great options as to though Templeton in may have not been a great idea and Makela is well Makela but if they are deemed good enough to be on the bench they have to be prepared to come on if needed and I think they were needed on Saturday.

Sorry if I sound negative as it was a fighting display against the odds but keep it in perspective it was St Midden and we were holding on.

The same St Mirren who beat Rangers, drew with Hibs and lost to Celtic as a result of a dodgy penalty. I think we have to give the players credit. I was as surprised as any when Csaba put Robbie on, but it worked. It was the same as when he took Nade off. My first thought was, "Why Jamie Mole", but in thinking about it Nade was in danger of being booked again (McCurry penalised every challenge and booked him for controlling the ball with his chest!) and we need Christian for Wednesday. The other two forward subs were Templeton, who isn't a player who can hold up the ball - he likes to run at defenders, and Makela, who can't hold up a ball or, to be honest, anything much else, so Jamie Mole, despite his limitations, was the only sensible option.

Overall, I think Csaba did a good job on Saturday and the players played with loads of passion and pride. If they play like that in every game we won't be far away from third at the end of the season.

Charlie-Brown

3rd & 4th in the spl will get a europa league place next season maybe even 5th place too depending on scottish cup winners.

The same St Mirren who beat Rangers, drew with Hibs and lost to Celtic as a result of a dodgy penalty. I think we have to give the players credit. I was as surprised as any when Csaba put Robbie on, but it worked. It was the same as when he took Nade off. My first thought was, "Why Jamie Mole", but in thinking about it Nade was in danger of being booked again (McCurry penalised every challenge and booked him for controlling the ball with his chest!) and we need Christian for Wednesday. The other two forward subs were Templeton, who isn't a player who can hold up the ball - he likes to run at defenders, and Makela, who can't hold up a ball or, to be honest, anything much else, so Jamie Mole, despite his limitations, was the only sensible option.

Overall, I think Csaba did a good job on Saturday and the players played with loads of passion and pride. If they play like that in every game we won't be far away from third at the end of the season.

While I cant argue a with a lot of your reply and Yes Nade did take the ball right on the chest while leaning forward. How the linesman who was BEHIND him could flag instantly is beyond me.

I was not refering to just Sturday though I think there have been positional decisons throughout the season that have baffled me. The constant use of one up front is so fustrating and dont understand it.

Jonsson is not a RB, Karapidis is not a midfielder, Bruno is not an second phase striker for example. Ok on occasions they can get away with it and put in a performance but wont always get away with it. I actually made the same point about these good results St Midden have had before the game but the difference is they were under the cosh in these games and scraped draws or in the gers case a win. We were pinned back a lot and only cos they couldny hit a coos backside with a banjo did we not conceed. It is clouded a bit by the fact we had only 10 men I agree.

Oh I also forgot Mole is not a striker/player ;)

Archived