HUGE, HUGE RESULT FOR US YESTERDAY

thewanderer

I know this has been talked about but i thought i'd put my penny worths in too. Yesterday's game was a must win because if we hadn't won we would have been in a rut and losing ground on Dundee Utd. What made it all the more pleasing was that we managed it with only 10 men for half the game.

I'll be the first to admit that i'm not completely convinced by Csaba but we have to give him time as the squad needs a complete overhaul.

A win on Wednesday and suddenly we're getting a run of form together.

Its still early in the season so lets get behind the team 100% and back them all the way.

Mon the Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a long way to go and we have not seen much of a few of our better players so far this season. I remain optimistic.

I know this has been talked about but i thought i'd put my penny worths in too. Yesterday's game was a must win because if we hadn't won we would have been in a rut and losing ground on Dundee Utd. What made it all the more pleasing was that we managed it with only 10 men for half the game.

I'll be the first to admit that i'm not completely convinced by Csaba but we have to give him time as the squad needs a complete overhaul.

Its still early in the season so lets get behind the team 100% and back them all the way.

And a very good result. It is a tough place to go and St Mirren make things difficult for teams, as Hibs an Rangers have found out, so to beat them after playing most of the game with ten men is very good.

Guest juvehearts

Lets not get too carried away.

a degree of caution is needed now & we have to have a consistant squad in place & no changes made unless deemed neesisery.

were not wanting our hearts broken agan just yet.

onwards to wed!

jambos are go!

There are many on here who do not look at the league table or at performance over an entire season. Every failure to win is an opportunity to whinge. Sad but true IMO.

Gimme an H...
There are many on here who do not look at the league table or at performance over an entire season. Every failure to win is an opportunity to whinge. Sad but true IMO.

Exactly. This place was in near meltdown last week after losing to a team that are light years ahead of us in terms of quality and experience, like it or not.

A very good result under difficult circumstances yesterday and its all suddenly quiet.

The dury is still out but we have a good chance this season as the standard outwith the Old Firm is as poor as I've seen for a while.

Guest Fabuloso

What's the point in looking at a league table when Hearts position (good or bad) is based on false foundations. It's a sham and you're being duped.

portobellojambo1

Yesterday wasn't pretty in any way, but we went there to get 3 points, and that is what we got. The performance level, of both teams, was relatively poor, but when you can play poorly and still snatch the points there isn't really much to complain about. We will play much better than that this season and lose, undoubtedly, that is just the nature of the game.

Not getting carried away after yesterday in the slightest, that game is now over,it can be forgotten about and the most important fixture now is Wednesday's game

Charlie-Brown
Yesterday wasn't pretty in any way, but we went there to get 3 points, and that is what we got. The performance level, of both teams, was relatively poor, but when you can play poorly and still snatch the points there isn't really much to complain about. We will play much better than that this season and lose, undoubtedly, that is just the nature of the game.

Not getting carried away after yesterday in the slightest, that game is now over,it can be forgotten about and the most important fixture now is Wednesday's game

Everything you say is true PJ1 however psychologically it was a massive boost - previously we were 8th and rightly criticised for a mostly very poor performance in the first hour last sunday although we did improve slightly in the last half hour of that game, regardless the players and manager were much criticised and the mood was downbeat which deepened further when Stewart was sent off and most feared the worst BUT the players dug out reserves of CHARACTER many said simply didn't exist in our current squad BUT they do on yesterdays evidence and they dug out a huge 3 points which lifted us 4 places in the SPL table and into a european place - yes there is two thirds of the season still to play however .... we're back in the game. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Most teams can beat each other this season as the league is the poorest I have ever seen it.

I'm not getting too excited, we scraped past St Mirren but could easily get tanked the next game. It's just the way we are at the moment.

If we are 4th or 5th by January then we can maybe start thinking about Europe.

Charlie-Brown
The celebrations said it all. The team, the players, need the support onside with them. The flak they get from the stands sometimes can knock them badly.

Now we need them to turn in a strong performance at Tynie on Wed. Get the home crowd happy, get them singing...and we're starting to look a lot better.

Divisive attitudes will get us nowhere. Demanding more changes will get us even worse. That's why performances like yesterday - with grit, character, organisation and resilience - are vital.

I drove home with a smile on my face, and punched the air when I got in to see my dad and brother. Been a long time since I felt that good after a game.

Together Everybody Achieves More

http://books.google.com/books?id=Wt4SB8alnR8C&pg=PA12&dq=rinus+michels#PPR12,M1

I wasn't at the game myself, however from what I have read and heard we had a bunch of guys working their asses of and trying to get a result.

I have felt for a while that the lack of team spirit/effort etc has made us as fans apathetic.

I didn't start supporting Hearts to win things, they were my local team. I have seen lots of pretty poor sides (so say all of us) in my time, however all I ever wanted was to see the best players we have on the pitch giving it their all. So what if most of the time we aint world beaters. I just want guys fighting for the jersey who make me so want them to do well, even if they are pish. Thats what stirs the support, and if we took a step towards that attitude yesterday then great. Makes me look forward to Wednesday more.

Question

We got 3 points yesterday. Did VR pick the team, the fax, Koro or who and did VR ordain that Stewart should be sent off in the 1st half?

Question

We got 3 points yesterday. Did VR pick the team, the fax, Koro or who and did VR ordain that Stewart should be sent off in the 1st half?

Vlad sent the fax to botchup who then told MS to get himself carded :)

great result!! if we win on wed its puts us well in the mix.

i always thought the team was good enough it was just we needed a coach to come in who actually had a bit of a say in things(even if it is only a wee bit)

ive since decided that the team is gash and needs totally rebuilt, so csabas going to need time

Guest JamboRobbo
Question

He faxed through that Zaliukas was to start as usual, but common sense prevailed at our end and Vlad was told he wasn't allowed to play a suspended player.

Result? No Zaliuakas = clean sheet.

great result!! if we win on wed its puts us well in the mix.

i always thought the team was good enough it was just we needed a coach to come in who actually had a bit of a say in things(even if it is only a wee bit)

ive since decided that the team is gash and needs totally rebuilt, so csabas going to need time

Yeh i always thought the team was good enough too but they are clearly not good enough. The sooner there's a huge clearout the better. I'm talking getting rid of a dozen players who are either not good enough or don't work hard enough for the team.

Off the top of my head..........makela, ksana, zaliukus and chesney to start with.

He faxed through that Zaliukas was to start as usual, but common sense prevailed at our end and Vlad was told he wasn't allowed to play a suspended player.

Result? No Zaliuakas = clean sheet.

If it were only as simple as that.

There was no Kingston either and Stewart was off the pitch for most of the game. Maybe we should just play with 10 men.

The underlying point was that we won and nobody was shouting about Vlad picking the team - only when we lose.

Whoopee. We managed to beat St. Mirren 1-0 away from home. It's hardly earth-shattering is it!?

There is no getting away from the fact that these are the sort of games & teams that HMFC should be winning at an absolute canter....

Archived