So, the officials in this country.

Dirk Diggler

A referee awarding Heart of Midlothian a goal kick, only for the linesman to overrule and award Rangers a penalty.

A referee awarding Heart of Midlothian a Penalty, only for the linesman to overrule and award Aberdeen a goal kick.

A referee and a linesman not seeing an incident, only for a 4th official to intervene and then consult the referee and tell him to send the player off.

Can anyone think of any other similar incidents involving any other SPL teams? Or do they still even themselves out?

I'm struggling.

Discuss if you wish.

Charlie-Brown
A referee awarding Heart of Midlothian a goal kick, only for the linesman to overrule and award Rangers a penalty.

A referee awarding Heart of Midlothian a Penalty only for the linesman to overrule and award Aberdeen a goal kick.

A referee and a linesman not seeing an incident, only for a 4th official to intervene and then consult the referee and tell him to send the player off.

Can anyone think of any other similar incidents involving any other SPL teams? Or do they still even themselves out?

I'm struggling.

Discuss if you wish.

You could add in a referee, 2 linesmen and a 4th official all failing to see MacDonald was offside last week, failed to see that Zaliukas fouled him outside the box, failed to over-rule the incorrect penalty award and also fail to pull back play to the initial offside thus nullifying the sending off.

Where were these idiots when Takis got sent off for fouling Mhaloney?

Overruling decisions purely when it suits them.

You could add in a referee, 2 linesmen and a 4th official all failing to see MacDonald was offside last week, failed to see that Zaliukas fouled him outside the box, failed to over-rule the incorrect penalty award and also fail to pull back play to the initial offside thus nullifying the sending off.

Yes, I could Charlie, However I'm talking about 3 decisions that I have never seen the likes of before in recent times in the SPL. The decisions you mention unfortunately have become common place in our game :sad:

Maybe i'm just paranoid.

Charlie-Brown
Yes, I could Charlie, However I'm talking about 3 decisions that I have never seen the likes of before in recent times in the SPL. The decisions you mention unfortunately have become common place in our game :sad:

Maybe i'm just paranoid.

You're not paranoid, when did an official last intervene in Hearts favour?

Zidane got sent off by the 4th offical did he not? Nothing to do with the point (that I agree completely with) but a nice comparison.

Rudi Skacel being pole-axed at Fir Park in the penalty box, and a free-kick being awarded to MOTHERWELL, for simulation.

No, Ian Brines, i haven't forgotten. How's life since you got punted off the FIFA Referees list? :laugh:

Zidane got sent off by the 4th offical did he not? Nothing to do with the point (that I agree completely with) but a nice comparison.

Did he though?

Officially?

Libertonian_II

Or same officials missing caldwell's attempt at basketball or the free kick that hit a smellick arm

I can't remember what game(st midden?) it was at Tynie earlier on this season where we did get a couple of reffing breaks. I actually felt guilty that we got them! Must be some kind of syndrome where you get **** on every week by the refs, then when things do go in your favour, albeit rarely, you feel guillty.:rolleyes:

I'm not paranoid am I:sad:

You're not paranoid, when did an official last intervene in Hearts favour?

Nope.

You got me.

:)

Guest juvehearts

The same ref at ibrox last season rangers vs dundee united.

anyone forget barry 'the basketball king' ferguson at hampden.

or the CIS cup final last season.

motherwell got a player sent off at parkhead today for nothing, a gola chopped off too.

its the standard of refereeing that is so poor in Scotland.

the standard of refereeing in europe this week was poor also. Thats the CL the eliete of european football & referee's are getting wrong on that stage.

Where were these idiots when Takis got sent off for fouling Mhaloney?

Overruling decisions purely when it suits them.

Exactly, were not paranoid. They try there best to get at us, its a pile of pash.

So anyway, Can anyone else remember any other similar incidents involving other SPL teams?

Are we reaping what we sow?

Do we deserve all that is thrown our way?

Guest juvehearts
So anyway, Can anyone else remember any other similar incidents involving other SPL teams?

Are we reaping what we sow?

Do we deserve all that is thrown our way?

see post 12

Guest juvehearts

Ian Brines is just as bad, if not on par.

the standard is so poor that these ref's have a damn cheek to ask for a wage hike.

see post 12

I have. Thanks.

I'd have no issue if the standard of refereeing was so poor that every team was suffering as a consequence.

That simply isn't the case.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I don't buy into this 'the SFA are out to get us' thing that Hearts fans seem to have going on.

I'll wait till I see the Stewart incident to pass judgement.

Did anyone see it? Was it a red card?

Refs are unbelievably incompetent here, of that there is no doubt ... but it isn't AGAINST Hearts.

Ask Dundee United, they were denied the league cup last year due to terrible refs.

I don't buy into this 'the SFA are out to get us' thing that Hearts fans seem to have going on.

Refs are unbelievably incompetent here, of that there is no doubt ... but it isn't AGAINST Hearts.

Ask Dundee United, they were denied the league cup last year due to terrible refs.

Can you name any other instance where another official has intervened to the same extent as mentioned in the OP?

What Dundee Hibernian experienced in the cup final was merely what other teams have been experiencing for years upon visiting Glasgow. The Only difference was that game was live on TV.

The Old Tolbooth

Skacel being brought down late on in extra time in the 2006 cup final and the biggest cheating ******* ref that's ever breathed waving away penalty claims, expecially after giving Gretna a very soft penalty earlier in the match!

At least Hobo McDonald got to see what the Scottish Cup looks like close up however, a feat that none of his fellow hobo supporters have done :D

It would appear that Stewart kicked out off the ball. However the linesman refused to flag, even after the ref asked him what happened, and it was only after the Midden managment team had a three min go at the fourth official that he decided to do something.

Can you name any other instance where another official has intervened to the same extent as mentioned in the OP?

What Dundee Hibernian experienced in the cup final was merely what other teams have been experiencing for years upon visiting Glasgow. The Only difference was that game was live on TV.

I can't because I rarely waste my time watching Scottish football when Hearts aren't involved.

Was Stewarts a red today? If it is (and I just read on another thread that it was ) then I can't really see what the outrage is about.

I can't because I rarely waste my time watching Scottish football when Hearts aren't involved.

Was Stewarts a red today? If it is (and I just read on another thread that it was ) then I can't really see what the outrage is about.

I don't know if it was a straight red. My issue isn't whether it was or not. My issue is over how it came about.

As with his 'dive' last week, some will say that all that matters is the correct decision is reached in the end.

I have no problem with that if it's the same right across the board. It simply isn't though and the failure of anyone to provide similar instances as mentioned in the OP merely proves my point.

Libertonian_II
Chris Sutton going down against Elvis a few year back at the

mushy tattie dome.Penalty.

Ive hit my wife harder

He wasn't cheating, he was just using his experience..................................

He wasn't cheating, he was just using his experience..................................

Or was being 'cute' or 'clever'.

I don't know if it was a straight red. My issue isn't whether it was or not. My issue is over how it came about.

As with his 'dive' last week, some will say that all that matters is the correct decision is reached in the end.

I have no problem with that if it's the same right across the board. It simply isn't though and the failure of anyone to provide similar instances as mentioned in the OP merely proves my point.

Fair enough, I get it.

I have seen linesman give decisions in the Premiership so it does happen and I am one of these folk who would rather the correct decision is made because I would be fuming if it was us.

I just don't think everyone is against Hearts. What possible reason would there be for that? We aren't a threat.

winston churchill

A referee awarding Heart of Midlothian a Penalty, only for the linesman to overrule and award Aberdeen a goal kick.

I'm struggling.

Discuss if you wish.

barry the crabs slam dunk goal..........league cup semi

frankenstein caldwells slam dunk last week..........same side as the linesman who saw stewart dive against aberdeen:rolleyes:

So anyway, Can anyone else remember any other similar incidents involving other SPL teams? Nope.

Are we reaping what we sow? Nope.

Do we deserve all that is thrown our way? Nope.

Its clear that the authorities and the referees hate Romanov but what is happening is that they are officiating games involving Hearts differently and the people that are suffereing most are the fans. And we've done feck all to deserve their pish.

I just don't think everyone is against Hearts. What possible reason would there be for that? We aren't a threat.

I'm sorry I can't answer that AP

That doesn't take away from the fact that these decisions have been reached in the manner they have.

It also doesn't take away from the fact that no one can provide similar instances in where another SPL team was a 'victim' of decisions being made this way.

Parkhead, March(?) 2007, midweek game.

Roman Bendar's clean through on goal, and Bobo Balde kicks him in the heid. The referee waves play on and Valdas Ivanauskas roundly loses the plot (he was good that way).

Another miscarriage of justice, and Mhanks won the title that night aswell.

Referee Mike McCurry missed the incident, but fourth official Bobby Madden signalled to the referee and Hearts man Stewart saw red.

Although McCurry and his assistants apparently failed to witness the incident, the referee - after a long delay - brandished a red card to Stewart after consulting with fourth official Bobby Madden.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7714390.stm

I'm sure things will even themselves out over the course of the season.

Charlie-Brown
Referee Mike McCurry missed the incident, but fourth official Bobby Madden signalled to the referee and Hearts man Stewart saw red.

Although McCurry and his assistants apparently failed to witness the incident, the referee - after a long delay - brandished a red card to Stewart after consulting with fourth official Bobby Madden.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7714390.stm

I'm sure things will even themselves out over the course of the season.

Get your hundred quid bet on us getting 3rd place and a scottish cup win then JF with all this good karma we're storing up wi the refs......:rolleyes:

Get your hundred quid bet on us getting 3rd place and a scottish cup win then JF with all this good karma we're storing up wi the refs......:rolleyes:

Aye, Might even put a score on us getting that Champs league spot

:o

I'm struggling.

Discuss if you wish.

Never mind the SPL what about the EPL and some of the goings on there and they are full-time refs.

Grumpy.

Never mind the SPL what about the EPL and some of the goings on there and they are full-time refs.

Grumpy.

Consistently, inconsistent.

If only we had that up here.

:rolleyes:

Big wilkie was fighting with opponents nearly every week last season .

However after a couple of swings at zal off the ball, big zal retaliates with a shove . the ball by this time is going out for a shy. First offence was by wilkie,so i suppose a penalty to utd and a sending off for zal fits the crime according to the sfa rulebook. later in the game stewart argues with one of his fans . linesman intervenes another yellow leading to red.

If any of you guys see this happening to other teams . please post here.

Charlie-Brown
Big wilkie was fighting with opponents nearly every week last season .

However after a couple of swings at zal off the ball, big zal retaliates with a shove . the ball by this time is going out for a shy. First offence was by wilkie,so i suppose a penalty to utd and a sending off for zal fits the crime according to the sfa rulebook. later in the game stewart argues with one of his fans . linesman intervenes another yellow leading to red.

If any of you guys see this happening to other teams . please post here.

Indeed how a headlock by Wilkie and a second attempted headlock/grappling by Wilkie wasn't as bad an offence or worse than Zali's swipe of retaliation then who knows what refereeing standards govern our game....

Archived