Eggert Jonnson - Utility man?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Is there any position this guy has not excelled at yet?

He's now undroppable IMO. Whatever position he plays.

The Old Tolbooth
Still our best option at right back IMO.

I agree with you there mate, however I'd probably like to see Robbie back at RB (never thought I'd hear myself say that) just to get Eggerts bite back in the middle of the park as we miss him badly in there.

Priority must be to get a new RB in January, along with a couple of strikers and a decent LB, we'd be ok with that I feel.

Not really a good thing for a footballer tbh, not if they want to play every week and go to the top.

Whilst eggert is as versatile as he is he will be a substitute.

I personally think the best we have seen him was at RM and would like to see him given a run there with larry coming into a central role.

Think this could kill 2 birds with one stone as Larry plays better through the middle, least my opinion anyway

That aside I do not think Eggert will be a regular first choice for any position this season sadly.

Re Robbie - still think he is our best RB and wouldnt play eggert before him.

chester copperpot
Still our best option at right back IMO.

I dont disagree with you mate, however agree with John about the dig in midfield.

We need a nasty ******* in there biting.

Charlie-Brown

Have to give the whole very young back four credit for keeping a clean sheet today especially with a new keeper in behind them as well, possibly the youngest back four Hearts have played in a first team match?

Have to give the whole very young back four credit for keeping a clean sheet today especially with a new keeper in behind them as well, possibly the youngest back four Hearts have played in a first team match?

Which galvanises my belief which I keep getting shot down by my mates for, that Jason Thomson is a good steady young player??!!!

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him playing as a centre half because he looked more than capable today. If not, then get him playing in the centre of midfield, either way he must play.

He shouldn't be played at right back though because Neilson showed today why he is so important for us.

The Old Tolbooth
I dont disagree with you mate, however agree with John about the dig in midfield.

Absolutely, we need a hatchet man!

If Jonsson is going to take over as centre half then Zal can play in midfield with Kari being out.

chester copperpot
If Jonsson is going to take over as centre half then Zal can play in midfield with Kari being out.

OK. ;)

OMG please no!!!! keep Eggy in but no no no to Zal in midfield!

The Old Tolbooth
I say we stick big Nade in at Centre half John!!

Can you imagine a striker with pace running at Nade whilst playing centre half :eek:

I was a bit worried when I heard before the game that Jonsson was at centre back but I thought he put in a very impressive performance. All in all I thought the back 4 were terrific today including Thompson who has looked a bit shakey in the past.

He has done well so far.

wouldn't go as far to say he has 'excelled' in every position he has played but certainly looks to be becoming a valuable player for us.

Johanes de Silentio

A good player's a good player!

I hope we have this boy on a decent contract (I think we do?) - this lad could go far IMO!

He's a good player, and one who seems to play for the shirt too.

I wouldnt call him a hatchet man though. He has so much more than that to offer.

Simply put - our defence is better without Zaliukas.

Sorry if this puts noses out of joint, but the stats prove it time and time and again

rudi must stay

we have only played him in 3 positions

we have only played him in 3 positions

Right Back

Centre Back

Right Midfield

Centre Midfield

And there aren't many other positions you can play in a football team mate.

Generic Username
Not really a good thing for a footballer tbh, not if they want to play every week and go to the top.

Whilst eggert is as versatile as he is he will be a substitute.

I personally think the best we have seen him was at RM and would like to see him given a run there with larry coming into a central role.

Think this could kill 2 birds with one stone as Larry plays better through the middle, least my opinion anyway

That aside I do not think Eggert will be a regular first choice for any position this season sadly.

That's possibly one of the daftest things I've ever read on KB and I make a point of reading my own posts.

It's not a good thing to be versitile? I've heard it all now.

I personally think the best we have seen him was at RM

I disagree as Eggert's strenghts are his tackling and athletism but doesn't offer enough attacking wise as his delivery is really, really poor.

Agreed, Robbie is our best right back and adds that little bit of experience to a young back four. Eggert is either best used as defensive midfield or centre back.

rudi must stay

Right Back

Centre Back

Right Midfield

Centre Midfield

And there aren't many other positions you can play in a football team mate.

when did he play right midfield?

when did he play right midfield?

Around the start of the year. Frail was playing 4-4-2 with a midfield of Jonsson, Stewart, Palazuelos, Driver with Nade and Velicka up front. Definitely remember us playing that in the Semi Final v Rangers and away at Aberdeen.

heartsgoal_516x384_14761a.jpg

From this pic, the thread title should be Eggert Jonsson - Superman

Was right in the middle of the goals high up and as soon as he rose you just knew where the ball was going.

Then bedlam followed.

Keep him alongside Berra until we sign a decent experienced central defender in January and keep the bombscare Zaliukas out so we don't give away any more needless goals.

I am totally confident that had Zaliukas been available and played yestreday then we would not have had a clean sheet.

Colonel Kurtz

Omelette play CH under 19,he is very good in the air and can play a bit.

I personally would play Karipidis at CH and Eggert DM.

Losing Mikey stewart might be a blessing on Wednesday as we can change the mid field,and posibly give a youngster a chance

Drylaw Hearts
If jonnson gets anymore versitile and the strikers dont start scoring play him upfront.:rolleyes::P

Not a bad shout.

He has scored more than Nade, Tullberg and Makela put together and has scored as many as Mole has this Season.

I think he's an excellent Defensive midfielder, far better than Karipidis. What I don't think he is, is a right back. I think Thomson is better there to be honest. I think defensively we've been better with Thomson at right back than we have with Jonsson, and the main weakness at the back has been Zaliukas.

Archived