Well done the players

Coco

Just back.

Tremendous effort from the players. Well done.

Huge effort from the likes of Berra, Jonsson and Neilson. Nade put in more effort than in any game I've seen from him.

due to work commitments unfortunately didn't get to see it. sounds like they put in a battling performance though and most importantly we got 3 points.

well done.

Just back.

Huge effort from the likes of Berra, Jonsson and Neilson. Nade put in more effort than in any game I've seen from him.

well said son. i wasn't there but to get a win in such circumstances is top notch, and about time they started putting in some real effort.

credit where it's due.... well done lads, that's a big win.

Just back.

Magic!! Obviously wasn't at game due to my location, but great to hear the effort.

If you dont mind me sayin Coco, you can be a wee tad negative at times, so to hear this from you is extra heartening!!!!!!!!!

Was it same formation, with JT at RB and EJ at CH? Did Robbie play RM - how he look?? Great to have him back imo

Magic!! Obviously wasn't at game due to my location, but great to hear the effort.

If you dont mind me sayin Coco, you can be a wee tad negative at times, so to hear this from you is extra heartening!!!!!!!!!

Was it same formation, with JT at RB and EJ at CH? Did Robbie play RM - how he look?? Great to have him back imo

Yes, same formation to start with as you said.

Miko injured and replaced by Robbie. Then Stewart sent off, and the team rolled up their sleeves and got on with it with every player working hard. No prima donnas today. The 10 plus subs deserve a lot of credit for their workrate and will to win. Tremendous header from Eggert for the goal too.

Neilson had a tremendous game for someone out so long. Lifted the side with his sheer will to win.

Guest juvehearts

brillaint.

driver i felt was posted missing but came good in the last 10 mins of injury time.

brilliant gritty performance by hearts.

baloch needs to get his distrubution sorted 1st.

berra & jonsson were solid at the back today.

still need a goalscorer but special prase for nade today MOTM for me

chester copperpot

Im glad we won today, still worried about the rest of the season though.

We did very well to win with 10 men though.

Im glad we won today, still worried about the rest of the season though.

We did very well to win with 10 men though.

That sums it up. The 10 men did exceptionally well. The 11 men we had in the first half didn't create a decent opportunity in 45 minutes at a place which screams "bottom six". Dare I say it, but once again we were better with ten men.

Toxteth O'Grady

There are a good few positives to take from today

3 points

A spirited performance with 10 men

Hibs lost at home to Inverness:)

We climbed 4 places in the league

Despite having an 'unusual' defence we kept a clean sheet

Robbie made a good contribution on his return

Eggert got the winner - well done young man

The Paisley Sellic are not happy:p

chester copperpot
There are a good few positives to take from today

3 points

A spirited performance with 10 men

Hibs lost at home to Inverness:)

We climbed 4 places in the league

Despite having an 'unusual' defence we kept a clean sheet

Robbie made a good contribution on his return

Eggert got the winner - well done young man

The Paisley Sellic are not happy:p

Some more to add to that mate:

I still hate hibs.

I still hate Celtic.

I still want St Midden to get relegated..................

How long have we got?

Toxteth O'Grady
Some more to add to that mate:

I still hate hibs.

I still hate Celtic.

I still want St Midden to get relegated..................

How long have we got?

:food-smiley-004:

Yes, same formation to start with as you said.

Miko injured and replaced by Robbie. Then Stewart sent off, and the team rolled up their sleeves and got on with it with every player working hard. No prima donnas today. The 10 plus subs deserve a lot of credit for their workrate and will to win. Tremendous header from Eggert for the goal too.

Neilson had a tremendous game for someone out so long. Lifted the side with his sheer will to win.

From what I could tell by listening to a radio, it sounds like Neilson was a real trooper for us today.

What was their reaction at the final whistle? Hearts world started to tell us about Csaba thumping the pitch in delight (at least it's not an official) but didn't get a chance to say anything more. Were the players visibly chuffed with themselves? I hope they were....

:)

Romanov Stole My Pension

It really was a brilliant effort from Hearts 10 men (especially against 15). Although to be fair we were extremely lucky, but we were due a break after the Hibs and Aberdeen games which we should have won. Robbie played very well considering he was out of position and his first game in a long time. Special recognition has to go to Nade who ran his arse off.

I'd absolutely love to see the Stewart incident, i suspect he probably did kick him off the ball, but I've never ever seen the 4th official get involved with a decision on the park before.

GORGIE RULES

chester copperpot
Hearts win

Hibs lose

Always makes for a great Saturday night.

I never get tired of reading those 2 top lines.

Just read through the match blog on the website which was an enjoyable read!

Totally agree with the OP, really have little/nothing to complain about, apart from maybe MS but I'd have to see it on TV as I was watching Driver at the time.

Eggert was outstanding at the back, took 15 mins or so to get used to it but for a smallish guy he won a hell of a lot of headers, including the 3-pointer!

I've been something of a critic of Berra, but today he went back to basics, didn't mess about taking too many touches and just knocked the ball out of play. Made sume crucial blocks and headers in the dying minutes and looked delighted at the final whistle.

Nade - 100% effort and commitment from a man who by his own admission couldn't be bothered last season. For those who think things haven't changed since last season, look at him. It'll take a while for Csaba to build a talented and consistant team, but the work he's done with those already here IMO has been massive.

Neilson - not a fan, but he was immense. Supported Thompson, got up the line, wasn't afraid to get stuck in as witnessed by his KO and won us the all important 80th minute free kick. So impressed with him that I may consider a back four of: Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Wallace to be out strongest.

Can't be bothered to write about everyone to be honest, but the players (except MS) we all fantastic today, the effort and work rate and composure when faced with cheat McCurry was brilliant.

Great day out, although I wasn't saying that until things got a bit feisty at the end of the first half!

From what I could tell by listening to a radio, it sounds like Neilson was a real trooper for us today.

What was their reaction at the final whistle? Hearts world started to tell us about Csaba thumping the pitch in delight (at least it's not an official) but didn't get a chance to say anything more. Were the players visibly chuffed with themselves? I hope they were....

As soon as the final whistle went, Aguiar turned and ran and hugged Jonsson, who were then joined in an ever growing huddle by Berra, Neilson, Thompson and Wallace (I think).

The players were clearly delighted. I actually though Berra looked slightly emotional at the end, Csaba could barely contain himself and was also on the end of an Aguiar hug!

Great scenes. And to top it all, one guy behind me loudly proclaimed it was even better than his mother-in-law's funeral. I almost fell down the stairs!

Charlie-Brown

I think Csaba deserve's some praise for getting his selection and substitutions correct today as well - it sounds like the whole team dug out a hard earned and well fought victory, it sounded like we were 'together' today and that is pleasing - fans did well too with encouragement. :)

It really was a brilliant effort from Hearts 10 men (especially against 15). Although to be fair we were extremely lucky, but we were due a break after the Hibs and Aberdeen games which we should have won. Robbie played very well considering he was out of position and his first game in a long time. Special recognition has to go to Nade who ran his arse off.

I'd absolutely love to see the Stewart incident, i suspect he probably did kick him off the ball, but I've never ever seen the 4th official get involved with a decision on the park before.

GORGIE RULES

Did you not see the Zidane incident in the World Cup Final? Such an icident merits a mention alongside an HMFC match...

Anyway, let us concentrate on Hamilton and another 3 pts. **** Zaliukas, who I thought was a decent defender but has ultimately mutated into pesh.

Regardless, at the moment we are in Europe, next week we may not be.... as fecked up as the economy.

As soon as the final whistle went, Aguiar turned and ran and hugged Jonsson, who were then joined in an ever growing huddle by Berra, Neilson, Thompson and Wallace (I think).

The players were clearly delighted. I actually though Berra looked slightly emotional at the end, Csaba could barely contain himself and was also on the end of an Aguiar hug!

Great scenes. And to top it all, one guy behind me loudly proclaimed it was even better than his mother-in-law's funeral. I almost fell down the stairs!

IMG_1366.jpg

Good performance today from all the remaining players on the park!!!

Coming home in the train from Queen Street Station when speaking to a other fan he informed me that the players where told how important this weekend was to the club & supporters (REMEMBRANCE DAY) this may be the kick up the backside they need.

The Old Tolbooth

The mhini mhanks are not happy on Pie and Bovril :laugh:

Claiming Nade should have walked, we're a team of cheating divers, and that they absolutely dominated the match from start to finish but couldn't create the killer touch.

God I love it when that lot are bitter against us :laugh:

A fantastic effort from the players and it was the type of effort that we can all be proud of. I don't care if we win every week, all I ask is to give that sort of effort level because that's what it's all about.

Really pleased for Robbie and his performance should keep a good few people quiet. Berra and Jonsson might be our best partnership at the back because they got stuck in and they defended like their lives depended on it.

The officials were a disgrace and the win was made even sweeter because of it.

Good stuff, thanks Jen.

I know they care, but sometimes the best way to properly convince yourself of that is to see their reactions after a match like that.

Let's hope that they've gained confidence from this one and can get to work on a good run of results and the scoring of many goals. Preferably starting this Wednesday. If they win that one, I might even try to get onto the pitch to participate in this group hug thing they have going on....

Guest jambomickey

talking about falling down the stairs! a guy fell down the stairs before the game started

Romanov Stole My Pension
talking about falling down the stairs! a guy fell down the stairs before the game started

Right beside me! I'm surprised the guy wasn't hurt. Seemed to get up and walk it off.

Ahhhhh! Luvly jubbly thread!! I'm off now: up to join about three Jambos and about five peg sellers for a bit of a do!! I was dreading this all day, but who's laughing now!! Crisis? What crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived