The Only Ground In Britian To Have A Minute's Applause

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

yep u guessed it Parkhead.

utter disgrase that the SPL,SFA gave clubs a choice. Just shows the other 11 clubs who is incharge of scottish football eh.

discuss.

Guest juvehearts
There is already a thread on it.

good now their is 2

should be a whole page of them

disgrase.

i cannot say what i feel about it on this messageboard of fear of a lifetime ban

good now their is 2

disgrase.

i cannot say what i feel about it on this messageboard of fear of a lifetime ban

Fill yer boots.

good now their is 2

disgrase.

same here.

seen that reporting scotland has reported minutes applause around the country, was it feck, one ground and they are bending over backwards to make it sound like the rest of the country did likewise.

no they never, all over the country a minutes silence was held at sporting grounds with little or no disturbance, yet the one ground where a minority of 'the best fans in the world' had stated their intention to disrupt a minutes silence to reflect on the loss of life over the years in conflicts

Guest juvehearts

and these so called best fans in the worls blame the SPL for not making clear the guidelines on the issue.

sorry to state the mod edit obvious but for deckades every sporting event across the UK has had a minutes scilence.

they didnt want to be found out for what they are, the club, fans & everything assosiated with the filth are (mod edit)

Remnants of Standards

Shurely not The Best Fans In The World disgracing themselves again???? Twice in two weeks?? Well Well....

S***.

S*** doesn't deserve to be associated with that lot.

To be fair though, they are not all like that. I work with a Sellick fan and he said he'd be wearing his poppy with pride today.

S*** doesn't deserve to be associated with that lot.

To be fair though, they are not all like that. I work with a Sellick fan and he said he'd be wearing his poppy with pride today.

They're not all like that, but the ones based in the West, and in ROI are. It's astonishing that they would have an issue with honoring those who have died fighting for the United Kingdom, if their hatred for anything British is so strong, then genuinely they should **** off home to wherever it is they associate themselves.

They're not all like that, but the ones based in the West, and in ROI are. It's astonishing that they would have an issue with honoring those who have died fighting for the United Kingdom, if their hatred for anything British is so strong, then genuinely they should **** off home to wherever it is they associate themselves.

I'm not even sure the ones in the Republic are mate, it's usually the idiots in the Catholic parts of Northern Ireland. I think the majority of the Republic couldn't care less for Sellick. It is shocking that they are so simple minded that they honestly believe this is something to be offended by. As it's said many times on here, there were a lot of Republicans who fought and died for cause along with British soldiers.

Why don't you go home... ;)

Totally agree with you. My point here is that in Scotland we have political leaders who pontificate about eradicating sectarianism due to directives from E**ope. However, when it comes down to the nitty gritty the SFA/SPL/Police/ Glasgow media etc are well aware that it is impossible, as we saw last week, to enforce this ideal. We now live in a culture that is scared witless to offend minority groups .....Celtic should have been TOLD..have a minutes silence and anyone stepping out of line thrown into the cells in London Road police station!

Anyone on here who brackets Rangers and Celtic equally should look closely at the events over the last 7 days and decide who are actually football rivals and who are a scourge on Scottish society. Parading troops on the park at Ibrox is admirable ...we did the same ourselves in the Centenary game against Tottenham in 1974!!

Totally agree with you. My point here is that in Scotland we have political leaders who pontificate about eradicating sectarianism due to directives from E**ope. However, when it comes down to the nitty gritty the SFA/SPL/Police/ Glasgow media etc are well aware that it is impossible, as we saw last week, to enforce this ideal. We now live in a culture that is scared witless to offend minority groups .....Celtic should have been TOLD..have a minutes silence and anyone stepping out of line thrown into the cells in London Road police station!

Anyone on here who brackets Rangers and Celtic equally should look closely at the events over the last 7 days and decide who are actually football rivals and who are a scourge on Scottish society. Parading troops on the park at Ibrox is admirable ...we did the same ourselves in the Centenary game against Tottenham in 1974!!

Cant agree with you there - the Rangers v Celtic bit. They are every bit as bad as each other. We need to take the poppy debate away from it. It's a disgrace and they should respect the wishes and beliefs of others, agree or not. (Man-oh, if the Queen or the Pope die then i'll no shed a tear, but i would most certainly respect a minutes silence if people effected by such wanted one.)

Anyway. As i said, they are as bad as eachother. They are both a SCURGE on Scotland. It's an embarassment to have two groups of such intolerant troglodytes blight what is essentially a very warm and open population. There are many examples of filth from both sides, this is merely the most recent and it just happens to be Celtic this time

The scottish cup semi final against the tic 2005! Why did the SFA not give both sets of supporters a minutes applause after the pope passed away?

Im sure a few jambo's were arrested that day! Sectarian breach of the peace the strathclyde polis said... Total joke!

2005. Hearts fans forced into a one minute silence for JPII, with the SFA and the police having be fore-warned that there would be disruption.

Result? The booing makes world-wide headlines.

2008. Celtic are allowed to hold a minute's applause to stop their IRA-loving fans from booing on the advice of the authorities.

Buffalo Bill

The vast majority of celtic fans are unwashed ****bags.

I think it was right to change the silence to applause though so that they didn?t get a chance to disrespect the servicemen.

everything is geared to help Celtic and rangers and keeping the bigot clubs happy.

Their fans can't even be trusted to behave,

but thats OK,

The SFA will let them play against each other before 12:30 so their disgusting fans can't get drunk and start fights.

Its all to help the old firm.

the kings dad

I don't always like James Traynor and his raving but his article in todays record is superb. He slams The SPL for giving Celtic the option of having a minutes applause. He slams Celtic for going through with it .

Most importantly he has a major go at their chairman John Reid who must have sanctioned this insult . After Reids outburst at certain other songs being sung lately his silences over IRA chants and now this are deafening

Jam Tarts 1874
I don't always like James Traynor and his raving but his article in todays record is superb. He slams The SPL for giving Celtic the option of having a minutes applause. He slams Celtic for going through with it .

Most importantly he has a major go at their chairman John Reid who must have sanctioned this insult . After Reids outburst at certain other songs being sung lately his silences over IRA chants and now this are deafening

Jim Traynor, like Graham Spiers is not an erse-licker of the old firm. Always good to hear or read Traynor piling into the old firm.

Guest juvehearts
Jim Traynor, like Graham Spiers is not an erse-licker of the old firm. Always good to hear or read Traynor piling into the old firm.

he kannae be he supports Aidrie lol

another club i have a strong dislike for for obvious reasons!

Virtually the whole world falls silent in remembrance of the fallen ... everyone on the globe respects this, it generally has been the tradition for decades ...

It could only happen at Celtic park that this tradition would even be questioned never mind changed ...

It could only happen in Scotland that this is allowed to happen with a deafening silence from the government and footballing authorities to an extent that the TV reporting is used in an attempt to cover it up ... everybody had a minutes applause don't you know ...

An absolute disgrace ... a terrible insult to the men who paid the ultimate sacrifice ... a sacrifice which actually allowed these inexcusable morons to have their twisted say ...

Scotlands shame!!!

2005. Hearts fans forced into a one minute silence for JPII, with the SFA and the police having be fore-warned that there would be disruption.

Result? The booing makes world-wide headlines.

2008. Celtic are allowed to hold a minute's applause to stop their IRA-loving fans from booing on the advice of the authorities.

Buffalo Bill

BB if you read the other thread on this, Some "Hearts" Supporters are insinuating it's our fault because some Fans booed the silence for the Pope!!

How can we be upset by this? "Moron Hearts Supporters" booed, They have a right to applaud and to walk out!!! :mad:

Guest juvehearts

Their will be NO mention of this at all in any media outlet. TV news & raido from now on.

P.S I dont cound unreal rhaido as a mhedia outlet

I watched the Fulham game on Sky yesterday in a crowded pub in Newcastle and when the ref blew his whistle to signal the start of the 1 minute's silence, the whole pub fell silent. You literally could have heard a pin drop.

I have no idea but I guess there would be some with Celtic or Republican leanings, and there were one or two who would have been well oiled, yet all respectfully observed the silence. Why can't it happen at a Celtic match?

Guest JamboRobbo
I watched the Fulham game on Sky yesterday in a crowded pub in Newcastle and when the ref blew his whistle to signal the start of the 1 minute's silence, the whole pub fell silent. You literally could have heard a pin drop.

I have no idea but I guess there would be some with Celtic or Republican leanings, and there were one or two who would have been well oiled, yet all respectfully observed the silence. Why can't it happen at a Celtic match?

Cause of a few mindless bigots IMO. Just as the vast majority of Jambos were tarred by our small minority of mindless bigots at Hampden a few years back. The irony is, I've little doubt that a lot of the people now complaining about Celtic, are the same folks who booed at Hampden that day.

Cause of a few mindless bigots IMO. Just as the vast majority of Jambos were tarred by our small minority of mindless bigots at Hampden a few years back. The irony is, I've little doubt that a lot of the people now complaining about Celtic, are the same folks who booed at Hampden that day.

You are correct but why did Celtic go along with it to satisfy a few?

Talksport just now are getting ripped into them and asking Celtic fans to phone up and explain themselves. I emailed them about it this morning

Archived