Bought over the internet while drunk

davemclaren

What's your biggest drunken purchase?

I bought a Vox 30 watt guitar amp for nearly ?200 a couple of years ago.

Alcohol and eBay don't go!! :rolleyes:

Templeton Peck

Pal of mines, wasn't drunk but stoned i think, bought a hoover off of a shopping channel because in the advert it picked up a bowling ball

thai_bride.jpg

Turned out that 'she' has a wanger. Damn you QVC.

Still, my floors have never been so clean.

I bought a wife and negotiated her over 60 months interest free credit, but thr creidt crunch put me in arrears and shes gone back home now :sad:

I bought a wife and negotiated her over 60 months interest free credit, but thr creidt crunch put me in arrears and shes gone back home now :sad:

put you in her rear or in her ears?

Pal of mines, wasn't drunk but stoned i think, bought a hoover off of a shopping channel because in the advert it picked up a bowling ball

:laugh:

Totally understandable logic when you're melted.

OK, time to confess.

A few months back I noticed that Travelodge were selling rooms for ?9 for a short period. I thought this would be a great idea for going up to the match in Inverness. So I promptly booked a room on the night of the match at the Inverness Fairways thinking of a few beers after the match, a good nights sleep and a drive home on the Sunday.

Anyway, you might ask why I'm posting here rather than having a good time in an Inverness bar.......I booked it for 24th January 2009, the date that Inverness play Hearts at Tynie!! :booze:

Whoa whoa whoa it's magic, you know

I'll hum it, you play it

Given my error I think the following Pilot song is more appropriate.

January, sick and tired, you've been hanging on me

You make me sad with your eyes

You're telling me lies

Don't go, don't go

Do you have a guitar?

:)

A white Fender Strat which I bought sober 8 years ago. :)

Classy.

I've just dug my 1970s Eko acoustic out of the attic, where it's been for the best part of 30 years in various parts of the world. I think it must be a mid-life crisis.

Classy.

I've just dug my 1970s Eko acoustic out of the attic, where it's been for the best part of 30 years in various parts of the world. I think it must be a mid-life crisis.

That's why I bought the Strat! I still had my Guyatone electric from the 70s but wanted to move up in the world for some reason. :P

OK, time to confess.

A few months back I noticed that Travelodge were selling rooms for ?9 for a short period. I thought this would be a great idea for going up to the match in Inverness. So I promptly booked a room on the night of the match at the Inverness Fairways thinking of a few beers after the match, a good nights sleep and a drive home on the Sunday.

Anyway, you might ask why I'm posting here rather than having a good time in an Inverness bar.......I booked it for 24th January 2009, the date that Inverness play Hearts at Tynie!! :booze:

Jesus mate. Hearts get 3 outa 3 and you are still in Edinburgh & you could have been 'up there'.

:o

I bought an inflatable outdoor spa off ebay - for ?250. In hindsight it may have been a genuis purchase, as I have pretty much been in it everyday since it arrived! Love it!

If it was an original Vox AC30, then you got a feckn bargain, mate !

If its a full valve amp, thats a good purchase!

If its a full valve amp, thats a good purchase!

Wish it was. It's one those modern AD30 valvetronic models. Still a good amp though. :)

Interesting to hear you're a multi-instrumentalist Dave. Flute then guitar - what a musician. ;)

Wish it was. It's one those modern AD30 valvetronic models. Still a good amp though. :)

A few years ago a guy was going to sell me a early 70's head and cab, white, full valve vox number for 300 bucks. Pity he came to his senses and wanted to keep it.

A few years ago a guy was going to sell me a early 70's head and cab, white, full valve vox number for 300 bucks. Pity he came to his senses and wanted to keep it.

An AC30 could cost you over a grand now depending on condition. Wish I had bought one when younger and playing regularly and kept it. However, in the 70s everyone was into Marshalls. :rolleyes:

An AC30 could cost you over a grand now depending on condition. Wish I had bought one when younger and playing regularly and kept it. However, in the 70s everyone was into Marshalls. :rolleyes:

Best amp I've ever used had to be a mesa boogie, but starting at over a grand I cant really justify it :sad:

Best amp I've ever used had to be a mesa boogie, but starting at over a grand I cant really justify it :sad:

I once had a shot of a Dual Rectifier and it absolutely ripped, terrific chunky sound.

At the Cash Converters on Dalry Road there is currently a second hand Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 sitting in the window for ?200 that teases me every day... Must. Not. Buy..

I know that Fenders sound nice. Anyway you probably lust after an Orange amp.

Now they were the biz!! I used to use a Selmer or Marshall 50w head in my heyweek.

Interesting to hear you're a multi-instrumentalist Dave. Flute then guitar - what a musician. ;)

Missed that one. I played the recorder not the flute. ;)

See when musos start with their amp envy and guitar snobbery. How many humbuckers have you got ...oooo only two? I've got four and a gold plated machine head and a solid marble scratch plate and my effects pedals include reverb, faze and a cappucino frother... yadda yadda...

My state of high dudgeon is borne out of jealousy (of their presumed talent) of course. I am the proud owner of a Yamaha ERG 121 (ARGOS, ?99) and matching amp, which goes up to eleven. This is a rig undoubtedly consistent with my musical ability...;)

Anyway, a couple of years ago an acquaintance of mine came home sozzled from the alehouse, lurched on to ebay and bought... a Mercedes :eek:. Worse still, he didn't remember doing it until it turned up at his front door a few days later, on the back of a transporter.

See when musos start with their amp envy and guitar snobbery. How many humbuckers have you got ...oooo only two? I've got four and a gold plated machine head and a solid marble scratch plate and my effects pedals include reverb, faze and a cappucino frother... yadda yadda...

My state of high dudgeon is borne out of jealousy (of their presumed talent) of course. I am the proud owner of a Yamaha ERG 121 (ARGOS, ?99) and matching amp, which goes up to eleven. This is a rig undoubtedly consistent with my musical ability...;)

Anyway, a couple of years ago an acquaintance of mine came home sozzled from the alehouse, lurched on to ebay and bought... a Mercedes :eek:. Worse still, he didn't remember doing it until it turned up at his front door a few days later, on the back of a transporter.

My guitar has five humbuckers ;)

Seriously.

My guitar has five humbuckers ;)

Seriously.

I think you may be making my point for me....:rolleyes:

Anyway, my guitar's got a curly lead that connects it to the amp. So there.

Archived