Robbie Neilson...brave as a lion!

Dr. Bapswent

According to LB on Heartsworld...brilliant.

Cracking performance in his first game....full of the fight and spirir Hearts are missing.

Great to have him back.

Nucky Thompson

Well done to Csaba for putting him on for Miko, that decision probably got us full points today. Although I'm not a Robbie fan, he seems to have brought a bit of fight to the team.

Well done to Csaba for putting him on for Miko, that decision probably got us full points today. Although I'm not a Robbie fan, he seems to have brought a bit of fight to the team.

Completely agree, Csaba would have been slated if we lost after bringing on Robbie but seems to have been vindicated over this today.

Agree.

Well done Robbie. Our new DM :P

According to LB on Heartsworld...brilliant.

Cracking performance in his first game....full of the fight and spirir Hearts are missing.

Great to have him back.

Great to hear ,a player with passion and not taking the easy option and getting subbed.

Charlie-Brown

Well done Robbie :) Sounds like the team really were TOGETHER in the 2nd half - said on the radio we played 57 of 99 minutes with 10 men.

This is how far we have fallen.

The man who most fans have been wanting rid of for three or four years is suddenly the returning hero.

But yes, at least Robbie plays for the shirt.

Have to admit when Robbie came on I expected the worst after his last effort at right mid.

Delighted to say I was wrong and Robbie had a excellent game for being out so long.

Dont rate Robbie Neilson at all.

However he can obviously never be faulted for effort and attitude.

Sounds like he dug in and did well today.

Fair play to him.

jambos are go!
Robbie was magnificent.

Robbie was his usual self I think you are trying to say. The foundation we need to build a new team around. The man is a maroon legend.

Randle P McMurphy

Really glad to see him back albeit in an unconventional position for him. We all know he will never be the most accomplished player but I would far rather have his spirit in the side than some of the players we have who appear to go through the motions.

Other than Eggy he is the only one I see who is prepared to put his body on the line in a 50/50 challenge or a goal-line clearance where he knows he will clatter the post. It is moments like this that lift the crowd as much as scoring a goal or a dodgy refereeing decision going against us, especially against the hobos or the rantic.

Robbie was his usual self I think you are trying to say. The foundation we need to build a new team around. The man is a maroon legend.

Yes....often you don't realise what you have till it is gone...

Robbie was not brilliant today in terms of pure football skill....but brilliant in terms of fight, chasing, running, supporting and it stood out like a sore thumb, you could see the rest of the team responding to it,...!

That is the way to get 3 away points in the SPL...great to have you back Robbie!

As someone who has critised Robbie in the past, He was excellent today. Led by example and really put himself about. I believe he inspired others to raise their game, and in the end we deserved the win!

just back from the game, questioned why put him on but he was great today, we needed his determination especially after Stewarts early bath.

Made one or two surging runs( not a word I would normally use for Robbie) and the foul on him lead to the goal. We needed a bit of experience with our untried back four and having an old head like Robbie on must have helped.

I think that robbies absence will do him the world of good as our fans will realise just what we were missing

I reckon the defence will be far more solid for his return

Time for Eggert to go out for a loan spell and prove himself as his career and development has stagnated a bit since his initial emergence and I cant see him at this time commanding a regular spot at RB,RM or CM

Nucky Thompson

Time for Eggert to go out for a loan spell and prove himself as his career and development has stagnated a bit since his initial emergence and I cant see him at this time commanding a regular spot at RB,RM or CM

Oh my fecking God:eek: Eggert has been one of our best players this season and he scored the winning goal. You really are a total wind up merchant.

chester copperpot
I think that robbies absence will do him the world of good as our fans will realise just what we were missing

You have to be on the wind up. Seriously.

You have to be joking. Eggert was tremendous at centre back today and is a must pick in the team at centre back or midfield now.

As for Robbie, he was brilliant and lifted the team and the crowd. Won the foul for the goal with a huge effort run. Great stuff.

You have to be on the wind up. Seriously.

No

Would I play him at RB before Neilson? No

And I also dont think their is a chance Laszlo will play him before others in midfield or defence therefore he is just going to warm the bench and get the odd half there and there in various positions.

As a 20 YO player who could be a total stand out in the SPL is this really the best way to develop him?

Of course it isnt, I think we would be far better letting Eggert go and play for a SFL or SPL club in his strongest position week in week out rather than being rotated in and out of the team in various positions which is what will happen as far as I can tell.

Laszlo has already shown he rates the other midfielders and defenders over him as first choice and now Robbie is fit I can't see him being first choice RB either.

I am not saying get rid, just let him go out and play 90 minutes week in week out to maximise his potential

Salvatore's Tash
No

Would I play him at RB before Neilson? No

And I also dont think their is a chance Laszlo will play him before others in midfield or defence therefore he is just going to warm the bench and get the odd half there and there in various positions.

As a 20 YO player who could be a total stand out in the SPL is this really the best way to develop him?

Of course it isnt, I think we would be far better letting Eggert go and play for a SFL or SPL club in his strongest position week in week out rather than being rotated in and out of the team in various positions which is what will happen as far as I can tell.

Laszlo has already shown he rates the other midfielders and defenders over him as first choice and now Robbie is fit I can't see him being first choice RB either.

I am not saying get rid, just let him go out and play 90 minutes week in week out to maximise his potential

Worst and daftest post I have ever seen

Outstanding performance for a man who has had no matches for a long time. By rights he should have been rusty and also knackered long before the end. Kept going and was a real physical presence. Passed well too. Welcome back.

Salvatore's Tash
So which position do you think Csaba will play him in?

Keep him at centre half. Was immense today.

Keep him at centre half. Was immense today.

and why on earth would Csaba do that when he clearly rates Zaliuckas, Karapidis, Berra over him?

If Csaba rated Eggert as a centre half it wouldnt have taken a suspension for him to start playing there.

I would be very surprised if Eggert is in the starting line up next week, or regularly this season based on Csaba's teams to date.

Salvatore's Tash
and why on earth would Csaba do that when he clearly rates Zaliuckas, Karapidis, Berra over him?

If Csaba rated Eggert as a centre half it wouldnt have taken a suspension for him to start playing there.

I would be very surprised if Eggert is in the starting line up next week, or regularly this season based on Csaba's teams to date.

I thought today was best defensive performance for a long time. Credit to all 10 players. Back four were great. Robbie did well too. Great stuff.

chester copperpot

Thats a fair point, however think Csaba rates him very highly, hence why I dont think he'll go out on loan.

I thought today was best defensive performance for a long time. Credit to all 10 players. Back four were great. Robbie did well too. Great stuff.

Your completely missing the point though.

Eggert played one game today, he is very likely to be back to warming the bench for the forseeable future now Robbie is back, and Zaliuckas's suspension is over.

This will not be the best way to develop him

Give him to Hamilton, or Dunfermline for the rest of the season, injuries allowing and I reckon he will benefit far more than reserve games and the odd 20 mins every week in various positions

Jonsson and Berra were our best centre back pairing of the season so far.

No goals conceded today. On Wednesday our defence should read Neilson, Jonsson, Berra and Wallace.

Your completely missing the point though.

Eggert played one game today, he is very likely to be back to warming the bench for the forseeable future now Robbie is back, and Zaliuckas's suspension is over.

This will not be the best way to develop him

Give him to Hamilton, or Dunfermline for the rest of the season, injuries allowing and I reckon he will benefit far more than reserve games and the odd 20 mins every week in various positions

I think you are just trying to wind people up.

Loan out one of our best players?

Thats a fair point, however think Csaba rates him very highly, hence why I dont think he'll go out on loan.

I agree I think its unlikely, it was just an observation that I think it would be better for him long term than what I think will happen.

For the record I rate Eggert very highly and reckon he could easily go onto the EPL,

His development does seem to have faltered a bit over the last year - bearing in mind Werder Bremen and Arsenal were scouting him when he first broke into the picture - and I think we need to ensure he is playing each week otherwise he will go down the way of many other youths and end up on the mediocrity pile

So, back on topic...

Neilson was excellent. Well done!

Eggert was great too, he should partner Berra on Wednesday.

chester copperpot
I agree I think its unlikely, it was just an observation that I think it would be better for him long term than what I think will happen.

For the record I rate Eggert very highly and reckon he could easily go onto the EPL,

His development does seem to have faltered a bit over the last year - bearing in mind Werder Bremen and Arsenal were scouting him when he first broke into the picture - and I think we need to ensure he is playing each week otherwise he will go down the way of many other youths and end up on the mediocrity pile

You should say this from the start, will help you get less grief. :)

We need Neilson. The guy's an intelligent player who would die (metaphor!) for the cause. Not the most naturally gifted but will never let you down.

People have complained about the guy but we always seem to do better when he's in the side. To play in the SPL, you need to fight for the cause and do your job. Neilson is a perfect example of that.

Great to see him back in the team and hopefully he'll go back to RB from now on.

Some people never learn. Its probably best not to respond. I was always told never to induldge in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Archived