Todays team.

tedp6873

Balogh; Thomson, Jonsson, Berra, Wallace; Miko, Palazuelos, Stewart, Driver, Aguiar; Nade. Subs Neilson, Makela, Obua, Mole, Templeton, Rapnik, Kello.

No Larry or Karapidis.

Suddenly I don't feel so confident.

This team actually shows up the paucity of our squad.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A make shift right back who has now been moved into centre back.

Brilliant stuff.

Charlie-Brown

Very young back four - maybe rapnik could have played instead of thomson although that would make it younger still and thomson has at least played a few games including Ibrox away etc.

Toxteth O'Grady
Very young back four - maybe rapnik could have played instead on thomson although that would make it younger still and thomson has at least played a few games including Ibrox away etc.

Aye Rapnik for Karipidis straight swap would have been my choice.

It's not the fact that they are young that scares me, just the lack of physical presence, this must be the lightest defence in the SPL

rudi must stay
No Larry or Karapidis.

Suddenly I don't feel so confident.

This team actually shows up the paucity of our squad.

why? Larry hasn't done anything all season

I hope I'm wrong but that defence is frightening

Thomson, Jonsson, Berra, Wallace

It's only St Mirren, not Man U we are playing

why? Larry hasn't done anything all season

Agree up to a point but I'd still rather have him there than Miko.

You know what a bunch of moaning-faced ***** the Paisley pishpots are. They'll be on at the ref at everything Miko does and no doubt he'll end up undeservedly booked or sent off.

A make shift right back who has now been moved into centre back.

Brilliant stuff.

Except that was his position when he first came to the club and he's played there for Iceland and for the reserves. Shouldn't be an issue for him

Johanes de Silentio

Good knowledge, guys!

I trust Jonnson at CB, but not sure that Jason Thomson is up to it.

Maybe Rapnik woulda been a better shout at CB?

Unbelievable that we can't afford to sign Maybury!

Surely Robbie cannae be match fit already?

rudi must stay
Average age of the defence is 21.

:eek:

it's a young defence eh. If they play well together though that's good for the future

This does show how weak our squad is BUT 2 positives for me

1. No Ksnavicius.

2. Templeton on the bench.

He has an achilles problem

HillmanHearts

Glad I have'nt put on my fixed odds yet ! They will be pumping high balls into our box all day ! ( Maybe we will win three - two !! - winner scored by Templeton )

No surprise to me about Kingston not playing. After listening to Csaba at his conference yesterday, he referred to skill but lack of will and effort, he could have named Kingston by his description it was clear to me who he was talking about. Also mentioned having to be a team and together, sounds like the rumors may have been true about trouble after the Hibs game.

neilson on the bench? whats all that about? hopefully templeton gets on.

I really hope Temps gets on and gets his chance, scores 2 goals and starts playing every week with Nade. :rolleyes:

I can only hope and pray !!

The entire defence today came through the club's youth system. I think it looks a better back four than one which contains Zaliukas on current form. Would have been tempted to include Robbie over Thompson for experience.

Good balance in midfield too with two left sided players and two right sided. I think it is as strong a team as we have fielded this season.

Malcolm Tucker

We signed Jonsson as a centre-half when he was 16, and I'm pretty sure his debut against Alloa was at centre back as well?

Thomson is gash.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The entire defence today came through the club's youth system. I think it looks a better back four than one which contains Zaliukas on current form. Would have been tempted to include Robbie over Thompson for experience.

Good balance in midfield too with two left sided players and two right sided. I think it is as strong a team as we have fielded this season.

I think the midfield is shocking, TBH.

We so badly need a Brellier type player it's frightening.

Not if you listen to Tom Millar. I emailed in to say this as he had said it was 3 out of the 4.

Jonsson, whilst not being there since he was 10, came over when he was 15/16, progressed through the teams up to the first XI. Thats through the youth system IMO.

Also Millar's a tosser.

We signed Jonsson as a centre-half when he was 16, and I'm pretty sure his debut against Alloa was at centre back as well?

Thomson is gash.

most importantly tho - he can play centre half in football manager!

Malcolm Tucker
most importantly tho - he can play centre half in football manager!

Really?

Ah well that's 3 points in the bag! :P

I think the midfield is shocking, TBH.

We so badly need a Brellier type player it's frightening.

Jonsson would be my first choice for that role Geoff, however given our paucity of resources at centre back, needs must.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Jonsson would be my first choice for that role Geoff, however given our paucity of resources at centre back, needs must.

True, although I actually think Jonsson is ideally suited to play centre back.

Archived