It is just rotten, I can't take it any more

frankfielding

frankfielding

I am a life long Hearts Supporter First Game = 1971 = Texaco Cup V Motherwell Semi Final at home. Wolves beat us in the final 2 legs blah blah....

I have been a season ticket holder since I was 20 (born 1963)

Sadly, I can't watch the team any more. I have tried, but for me the Romanov regime is just rotten. The whole atmosphere, culture, what ever you want to call it...it's just gone (for me)

So why post....

Simply, can anyone give me any genuine encouragement that we can ever get out of this downward spiral?

Am I being overly pessimistic?

I guess this is just I cry for help...........

This stuff I watch, it isn't Hearts anymore. It is just...well just rubbish

HELP :-0

I know what you mean.

In the past there's always been some sort of shining light; something to keep you going. Now everything from programmes to Palazuelos seem to be at the very least ever-so-slightly tainted with his regime.

First game 1971?

I take it,us being pish for the first 20 odd years of your Hearts supporting life didnt prepare you for the current situation? ;)

Just now is bad,buts let face it,we have far far worse.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Sadly sir for the the sake of heart of midlothian football club you are not alone.

Be prepared for the onslaught that you were never a real fan anyway.

I know how you feel at this moment as it happened to me last season.

Think most of us are feeling the same at the moment to be honest! We never ever hear from our chairman or club owner anymore and nothing seems to be changing.:(

With you 100%.

I was there watching us in the old division 2 & it was truely hideous.

At least you knew the players were giving 100%, & you respected them for it.

Frank I suggest you go and hang yourself, given the state of your depression. The fact that it's taken you 2 years on kickback to reach the point where your 20th odd post reaches this conclusion tells me your either pashed or a :hobofish:

As for your fisherman pal go back to Granton you Hobo:107years:

With you 100%.

Don't you mean the First Division.

With you 100%.

Just for any hobos sniffing about.

We have never played in division 2.

First division yes,but never div 2 :tongue:

Frank I suggest you go and hang yourself, given the state of your depression. The fact that it's taken you 2 years on kickback to reach the point where your 20th odd post reaches this conclusion tells me your either pashed or a :hobofish:

So do you think things are okay at the club?

Are you going to debate the post or just type pish.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Was the fisherman pal directed at me?

Ifso keyboard hardman come and call me a hobo to my face haymarket sunday will do just approach the bald one with the leather jacket on and ask if he cares for a round in morrison circus car park.

Few people will point me out to you.

I'm 51 past.I've supported Hearts for as long as I can remember. ( Must be 45+ years now) My Grand-father took me to my first games.I can feel what you are going through. I won't buy a Sunday paper if we get beat and I have done that for 30-odd years. Very sad I know but if I don't read about it , it didn't happen. Although the current owners do not fill me with glee, that is not a problem to me. I will always support my team no matter who owns them. I know that even if we went down to the 3rd Division, I and thousands of other true supporters would still be there for the Hearts. I have brought my son up to be a true supporter and nothing gives me more pride than to watch him support Hearts.

So do you think things are okay at the club?

Are you going to debate the post or just type pish.

No I don't think things are OK at the club, but I'm highly suspicious of someone who claims to have followed Hearts since 1971 (and with a sum total of 23 posts) that this is the lowest point in our history that makes him feel like jacking it in.

I've been watching for a similar period of time and whilst I'm ****ed off and frustrated I've not yet given up hope. I waited 38 years to see Hearts win their first trophy, I watched us play crap for years and I am convinced this is not our lowest point.

As Hearts have NEVER actually played in the Second Division, I can only guess that you were watching Lochend United back then, and I'm sure it was (and probably still is) truely hideous.

:hobofish:

Ifso keyboard hardman come and call me a hobo to my face haymarket sunday will do just approach the bald one with the leather jacket on and ask if he cares for a round in morrison circus car park.

Happy to join you if your buying the round in Morrison's car park. I'll look for the tough looking bald guy;)

Goodmorningmrfisherman
No I don't think things are OK at the club, but I'm highly suspicious of someone who claims to have followed Hearts since 1971 (and with a sum total of 23 posts) that this is the lowest point in our history that makes him feel like jacking it in.

I've been watching for a similar period of time and whilst I'm ****ed off and frustrated I've not yet given up hope. I waited 38 years to see Hearts win their first trophy, I watched us play crap for years and I am convinced this is not our lowest point.

so he has only 23 posts in 2 years and that makes him a hobo?

I only have 26 until now and you are accusing me of being a peg seller.

Imho it's the worst I have seen even in those bad late 70's early 80's due to the lack of passion.

Afterall Gibson,shaw,park,liddle,prentice,curruthers,aird,O'connor and so on were not great players but at least the played for the jersey.

Well maybe no Eric.

Charlie-Brown

Imho it's the worst I have seen even in those bad late 70's early 80's due to the lack of passion.

Afterall Gibson,shaw,park,liddle,prentice,curruthers,aird,O'connor and so on were not great players but at least the played for the jersey.

Well maybe no Eric.

What about Archie White, John Craig, Colin More, Bobby Robinson, Crawford Boyd, Pat McShane? Did they play for the jersey to the sub-5K fans?

Goodmorningmrfisherman
What about Archie White, John Craig, Colin More, Bobby Robinson, Crawford Boyd, Pat McShane? Did they play for the jersey to the sub-5K fans?

WHITE got about a year,more played mare games in the same season than he did his whole time with us,im going to be honest i canny remember robinson,boyd enough said mcshane was that the big ginger forward?

Yes I agree they were crap but no worse than some of the dross last season and this season.

We could always pick individuals out over the years some seasons more than others.

given this sunday is REMEMBERENCE SUNDAY do you really think this is appropriate??

sometimes words really fail me :rolleyes:

Well maybe no Eric.

nae disrespeck ti u like but

I have a low post count over a long period of time too but Cobblers is one of the few posters on here that actualy seems to want the club to well

I am a life long Hearts Supporter First Game = 1971 = Texaco Cup V Motherwell Semi Final at home. Wolves beat us in the final 2 legs blah blah....

Sadly, I can't watch the team any more. I have tried, but for me the Romanov regime is just rotten. The whole atmosphere, culture, what ever you want to call it...it's just gone (for me)

So why post....

Simply, can anyone give me any genuine encouragement that we can ever get out of this downward spiral?

can't give you any proper reason to get out of your depression....all i can say is just be glad you are a jambo mate, it could be so much worse. Hearts give you every emotion you can think of, usually in a 90 min period, but think of life without them...that would be soooo hard.... hearts are my life and hearts are most peoples life on here, so it isn't a matter of how good on the pitch we are, we really have never been that good, the main thing is that we are HEARTS and hearts are great....i will sleep easy knowing that and so should all hearts fans...good night all jambos the world over, and remember hearts are for life not just for the burley weeks......:)

Nucky Thompson

And you call him a keyboard hardman. FFS:rolleyes:

Seems you cant have an opinion on here without being accused of being

a Hobo.

WHITE got about a year,more played mare games in the same season than he did his whole time with us,im going to be honest i canny remember robinson,boyd enough said mcshane was that the big ginger forward?

Yes I agree they were crap but no worse than some of the dross last season and this season.

We could always pick individuals out over the years some seasons more than others.

You're lucky - those two still keep me awake at night!:eek:

Nucky Thompson
Seems you cant have an opinion on here without being accused of being

a Hobo.

It seems like there are loads of Hobos coming on stirring the crap. You don't have to be Sherlock to spot them:107years:

Goodmorningmrfisherman
You're lucky - those two still keep me awake at night!:eek:

Do you still here from our Basel posses now and again?

You took good care of them one chrimbo IIRC.

Taxi;)

ToadKiller Dog

Over all i still enjoy my saturdays at the football, ,i still get emotional passionate even with our current crop of players and poor performances ,i wont let Romanovs meddling rob me of that ,and when our spin of the wheel happens and the good times roll over again they shall feel so much better knowing i had to wade through some **** but kept going.

I think the likes off Berra,Stewart ,Eggert and even miko do take a pride when wearing the maroon and have seen some signs from Nade over the last few games.(i should qualify that by saying maybe they just aint good enough)

These were the days when there seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel. Truely dreadful days until Wee Doddie came along.

But Today's time is frustrating. The squad is capable of being top of the rest, but not motivated by the leadership. Form counts for nothing, play well and get dropped, play out of position, play because you may have a sell-on value. Against H*bs and Aberdeen we looked a bit more like a football team then C*ltic come along and wee look pathetic again.

Solution - Give Chaba full control, let him stand or fall by results. Players will then respect the man in charge and understand. If Chaba doesn't cut the mustard, move him on and appoint & sack until you find the right man.

FAO: :dramaqueen: & co

If you cannot support our foreign merceneries then we have experienced players like Neilson and Stewart along with Wallace, Driver, Jonsson and Berra that are all young players who came through the ranks and are establishing themselves in our 1st team.

Surely you believe that all these players care for the club even though they may not have Hearts in their blood since grandpappy was a nipper?

You are being unrealistic if you think that Nade, Kingston, Bruno, Ruben and co should see Hearts as the best team in the world and the highlight of their lives.

With you 100%.

Not according to Gary MacKay and Alex Macdonald.

Buffalo Bill

So why post....

I know how you feel. It's like we've slowly had the goodwill sucked right out of us over a period of two and a half years.

Yet I felt quite good at the start of this season. I just feel that if Csaba would be a little more attack minded then things would improve.

The one ray of light I have is that these things come and go in cycles. Something is bound to give sooner or later. I don't know what that thing is, but I hope it happens this season.

I feel very let down by Vlad.

Buffalo Bill

Nobody ever said it was easy being a Hearts fan.

But for some reason no matter how bad it gets, and as many have said on here it's been a hell of a lot worse than this, I still get excited every week about going to see MY team. Players, managers and owners will come and go but Heart of Midlothian FC is bigger than that.

I fully understand that some people are fed up just now but that's kind of what being a Hearts' fan entails.

So I'll be heading west today and keeping everything crossed that we get the points, or at least go down fighting.

Mon the Gorgie.

I stopped going in 2007, go to a few games here and their but i can live with out it now.....Maybe im a glory hunter but who cares i went home and away and europe for 30 years.:(

chester copperpot
I stopped going in 2007, go to a few games here and their but i can live with out it now.....Maybe im a glory hunter but who cares i went home and away and europe for 30 years.:(

This thread reeks of Hoboness.

Jam Tarts 1874

So why post....

Boo Hoo! We are not winning every game. I take it you were one of the "fans" who were responsible for all the space I saw week in week out on the terraces at Tynecastle during our relegation days. :hobofish:

Boo Hoo! We are not winning every game. I take it you were one of the "fans" who were responsible for all the space I saw week in week out on the terraces at Tynecastle during our relegation days. :hobofish:

I've been going since I was 12 and haven't missed a game since January '07, but I feel the same way as he does. Does that make me a :hobofish: too?

chester copperpot
I've been going since I was 12 and haven't missed a game since January '07, but I feel the same way as he does. Does that make me a :hobofish: too?

YES! ;)

john brownlee

So why post....

Well I don't think I will read all the guff that follows the opening post but IMHO things aren't that bad, no different from our normal season and certainly not the worst . Ok so we only had one good season so far, under Mr Romanov, but that was one good season that nobody expected.

Please don't believe the press and all the doom mungers and throw the towel in, You have persevered up until now so may I suggest just keep going for a little bit longer and you may be in for a good surprise.

I believe and still on the happy train

chester copperpot
Bugger. Rumbled.

BTW, any spare seats on the Party Hearts for Inverness mate?

Indeed, will send you a txt in a wee while mate.

Well I don't think I will read all the guff that follows the opening post but IMHO things aren't that bad, no different from our normal season and certainly not the worst . Ok so we only had one good season so far, under Mr Romanov, but that was one good season that nobody expected.

Please don't believe the press and all the doom mungers and throw the towel in, You have persevered up until now so may I suggest just keep going for a little bit longer and you may be in for a good surprise.

I believe and still on the happy train

This is the most sensible post Ive read in a long time. Sir I salute you.

winston churchill

i'll say it again.

it's great having around the 12.000 hardcore at tynecastle park.

you don't have to wait ten minutes for a pint in the boozer.

if you take the car,plenty parking spaces.

guy in front of you wont ask his mate,whos the number 19,whos the number 10 ect

Heart of the Matter

The one ray of light I have is that these things come and go in cycles. Something is bound to give sooner or later.

That is true.

Mercer came and Mercer went. Robinson came and Robinson went. Romanov came and Romanov will go too.

Each of these three eras in the Club's history saw a rise in fortunes and then a decline.

The Romanov dynasty has a terminal diagnosis IMO. His 'project' has not worked and he has lost interest.

The acid test was the summer window a few seasons back when his failure to strengthen the squad for the Champions league qualification phase showed lack of real intent - IIRC we ended up playing Jamie Mole up front. He either lacked the funds or the will to take the Club forward at that time and, since then, our best players have been sold or emptied, and the quality of the squad has declined.

How the opening poster feels is common to a lot of Hearts supporters - it's nothing in particular that Romanov has done, just a slow erosion of the club's former identity that makes people feel disconnected and even alienated. It is viral.

Nobody knows why Romanov is here, what he wants from his 'project' or what he will do next. He never tells us anything. Fans and players are treated with equal distain. Does he still pick the team? Who knows, and actually it ceases to matter since the players aren't good enough and some don't care anyway.

So, that slow erosion of morale that the OP describes will lead to lower crowds at matches, less corporate support, fewer sales of merchandise, lower income, poorer players and poorer results.

Romanov will not be forced out. The things that might have floated his boat 4 years ago - owning a bigger club than Kaunus, speculating in the transfer market, picking the team, deciding the tactics, being adored by fans, being respected in the wider football community - have withered on the vine (largely through his own unintelligible actions) and there can be very little left for him at Hearts any more.

Romanov seems to be eating away at Hearts from within. It's a weird kind of auto-cannibalism.

A shiny new stand or a million pound signing won't turn this around. Many of the ordinary people who turn up to support the club and pay hard earned money see Romanov for what he is - a total charlatan, who cares absolutely nothing for the wonderful football institution that he was fortunate enough to get his hands on.

Romanov will go sooner or later blaming everyone under the sun - fans, players, agent, SFA, referees, the media - for not supporting his project and making his 'dream for Hearts' come true. He may even write one of his poems about it to explain how everyone let him down.

Hearts will continue with another owner or consortium. Things will get better in lots of ways and slowly, people like the OP will begin to feel the club they once knew being returned to them.

It is only a matter of time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well, as bad as it is, I'll still be up at 2am this morning tuning into the commentary. I'm not claiming any "fan points" for that but not knowing on a Saturday (Sunday over here) how we're doing irritates the hell out of me.

frankfielding

Some interesting feedback.....I can assure you am I not a Hobo, I just don't post much, more of a watcher (reader).

I guess the point made above that something will change at some point is the only real glimmer of hope. There is no evidence to suggest Romanov is going to do anything much at all. He doesn't seem interested.

It just doesn't seem like Hearts anymore. Again as pointed out above, George Fleming, Alan Anderson et: all may not have been great players but they played for the jersey.

There just seems to be something missing now, worse than I can ever recall.

Some interesting feedback.....I can assure you am I not a Hobo, I just don't post much, more of a watcher (reader).

I guess the point made above that something will change at some point is the only real glimmer of hope. There is no evidence to suggest Romanov is going to do anything much at all. He doesn't seem interested.

It just doesn't seem like Hearts anymore. Again as pointed out above, George Fleming, Alan Anderson et: all may not have been great players but they played for the jersey.

There just seems to be something missing now, worse than I can ever recall.

Alan Anderson was a bloody good player imo. And George Fleming did a great job at Dundee Utd. ;)

Well maybe no Eric.

Ahem...ye forgot one...:P;)

Crawford Boyd...without a doubt one of the worst players ever to pull the maroon shirt on.

Lynn:ph34r:

That is true.

Mercer came and Mercer went. Robinson came and Robinson went. Romanov came and Romanov will go too.

Each of these three eras in the Club's history saw a rise in fortunes and then a decline.

The Romanov dynasty has a terminal diagnosis IMO. His 'project' has not worked and he has lost interest.

The acid test was the summer window a few seasons back when his failure to strengthen the squad for the Champions league qualification phase showed lack of real intent - IIRC we ended up playing Jamie Mole up front. He either lacked the funds or the will to take the Club forward at that time and, since then, our best players have been sold or emptied, and the quality of the squad has declined.

How the opening poster feels is common to a lot of Hearts supporters - it's nothing in particular that Romanov has done, just a slow erosion of the club's former identity that makes people feel disconnected and even alienated. It is viral.

Nobody knows why Romanov is here, what he wants from his 'project' or what he will do next. He never tells us anything. Fans and players are treated with equal distain. Does he still pick the team? Who knows, and actually it ceases to matter since the players aren't good enough and some don't care anyway.

So, that slow erosion of morale that the OP describes will lead to lower crowds at matches, less corporate support, fewer sales of merchandise, lower income, poorer players and poorer results.

Romanov will not be forced out. The things that might have floated his boat 4 years ago - owning a bigger club than Kaunus, speculating in the transfer market, picking the team, deciding the tactics, being adored by fans, being respected in the wider football community - have withered on the vine (largely through his own unintelligible actions) and there can be very little left for him at Hearts any more.

Romanov seems to be eating away at Hearts from within. It's a weird kind of auto-cannibalism.

A shiny new stand or a million pound signing won't turn this around. Many of the ordinary people who turn up to support the club and pay hard earned money see Romanov for what he is - a total charlatan, who cares absolutely nothing for the wonderful football institution that he was fortunate enough to get his hands on.

Romanov will go sooner or later blaming everyone under the sun - fans, players, agent, SFA, referees, the media - for not supporting his project and making his 'dream for Hearts' come true. He may even write one of his poems about it to explain how everyone let him down.

Hearts will continue with another owner or consortium. Things will get better in lots of ways and slowly, people like the OP will begin to feel the club they once knew being returned to them.

It is only a matter of time.

To think there is a thread bemoaning the death of JKB. A fantastic and insightful post.

This thread reeks of Hoboness.

Or self-delusion.

& yes, I did mean the old division 1 earlier not 2.

I don't mind Hearts being rank rotten, I've seen it all -but what really gets to me is the way the Club is being run.

Romanov Apologists everywhere, no heed being taken to the poor season ticket sales & worse, no reaction from the Romanov's. We are losing money hand over fist from ticket sales alone, yet the management has made no attempt to placate the support.

Robinson-esque head in the sand tactics, & we all know where that ended.

Archived