Random Season Recollections: 1994-95

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

It began with summer headline's in The Sun saying "IT'S TAMBO!" and ended with a fraught afternoon in front of a half-demolished Tynecastle ..... what's your memories of this year of the Chipmunk?

vlad on the tyne
It began with summer headline's in The Sun saying "IT'S TAMBO!" and ended with a fraught afternoon in front of a half-demolished Tynecastle ..... what's your memories of this year of the Chipmunk?

david fricking hagen!!

vlad on the tyne
Unbelievably scored a winner at Parkhead!

I was one of the 2 hundred or so jambos there that night good finish on his left peg to be fair.

Maclean's signature of jim bett was a masterstroke though wish he came a few years earlier.

was that not when they played a season at hampden?

or maybe the remnants of my memory are beginning to disappear?

vlad on the tyne
was that not when they played a season at hampden?

or maybe the remnants of my memory are beginning to disappear?

you are indeed correct :eek:

Charlie-Brown

Being crammed into the (seated) enclosure in the main stand for the first time in donkeys years to watch David McPherson & John Millar grab us a January win over the Hibee's. :)

Pumping the Huns 4-2 on a Wednesday night in the Scottish Cup.

Donkey Dave with a trademark mazy setting up the 4th that night

There was a game around xmas time that season, could have been Falkirk but cant really mind as was really young at the time.

But anyway, i seem to recall every supporter being handed out a free bag of Dorito's crisps. Think they had just come out at the time.

Wouldnt mind if we did that again.:P

jim bett was some signing right enough, he was excellent during his short time at hearts. one of the best midfielders to play for hearts for many years at that point.

It was a Monday night mate, first game i can remember that Hearts were live on Sky.

At the final whistle, we went straight from Tynie to Berties and watched the whole game all over again.

vlad on the tyne
I liked some of the hamster era.

The 4-2 against Rangers was exquisite.

beating the dims at a rain soaked tyney early in the season wee robbo scored iirc .the dims made crosses with the seat covers sums those feckers up.made victory all the sweeter.

Levien made a quite ridiculous injury time backward lunge on andy walker in the box absolute stonewaller penalty tae win some you loose some!! gerry mcnee was spitting feathers!

aye the scottish cup game with the huns was a classic.

lost in leith

Second season in a row when we needed something on the last day to be sure of avoiding relegation :eek: Did the trick the season before with a 1-0 win at Firhill, which didn't really matter because of other results.

Highlights were the wins over the Huns in the cup,Tims home and away in the league. Also a very funny moment in the Balmoral after beating Utd 2-1 in the Cup quarter-final. The game was live on BBC1 on a Sunday. They didn't bother changing channels, but turned off the sound, with subtitles on. Songs of Praise came on, with Hymn number 369 being first up. An eagle eyed Jambo twigged what was coming -

1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!

O what a foretaste of glory divine!

Heir of salvation, purchase of God,

born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

Refrain:

This is my story, this is my song,

praising my Savior all the day long;

this is my story, this is my song,

praising my Savior all the day long.

2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,

visions of rapture now burst on my sight;

angels descending bring from above

echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

(Refrain)

3. Perfect submission, all is at rest;

I in my Savior am happy and blest,

watching and waiting, looking above,

filled with his goodness, lost in his love.

(Refrain)

Cue the first singalong to Songs of Praise I've ever seen.

Downsides were the first loss to Hibs in years, and the Cup semi :mad:

can't beat it i was the mascot (only 9 at the time) first time i stepped on he hold turff two player went and got me sweets (cant remember who) and scored against smith

http://www.londonhearts.com/images/pr1994-95/pages/1994110901%20Rangers%201-1%20Tynecastle.htm

still got the pics up on the wall to this day although the misses keeps tryinng to take them down met all players after the game will never forget anything to do with that day right down to havinga pizza supper out th gorgie fish bar got the program signed and and signed ball

markletissier

was that the night kevin thomas scored the winner?

i've got the vaguest of vague recollections, scary to think i was 9 at the time.

david fricking hagen!!

I take your David Hagen and raise you a Brian Hamilton :)

Still the :hobofish: scored the opening goal to help keep us up just mere moments after my dad shouted at McLean to get that useless count off the pitch

i've got the vaguest of vague recollections, scary to think i was 9 at the time.

Aye, Big Slim ran from his own half played a one two with Thomas ran on turned McLaren in the box and layed it on a plate for Thomas, brilliant game.

Still remember ahead of the game when the teams were announced and there was no Hately in the Huns team and we sensed we had a chance

John Robertson scored the winner.

Thomas got the 4th.

Buffalo Bill

There were spells in that season when Hearts played some really good stuff, and some of the results were great. We had a great spell against Rangers from 1995 to 1998, and we got the better of Celtic that season with two wins and two draws. It was also the season when Steve Frail played so well before getting that injury.

The Scottish Cup run was so frustrating though. We beat Rangers in one the best games I've ever seen, and then Dundee Utd in what was a great day; only for us to choke agaisnt Airdrie at Hampden.

Tommy McLean though, was a tosser, and the players hated him. He also lost our great record against Hibs.

Although we berate 1994/95, there were some great moments.

Buffalo Bill

portobellojambo1

Game was played midweek CB, at Hampden. Was only about 200 of us there, in fact it was a s h i t poor crowd (and game) in general, but Hagen's goal that night was a screamer.

Game was played midweek CB, at Hampden. Was only about 200 of us there, in fact it was a s h i t poor crowd (and game) in general, but Hagen's goal that night was a screamer.

I was at Hampden that night, and I would say 200 Hearts fans at an absolute stretch. Still, I made the most of the space to enjoy a great celebration when Hagen scored; almost enough to imagine scoring at running up to the 'home' fans.

Buffalo Bill

From Perth to Paisley

League Cup tie v St Johnstone at Tynecastle - think we lost 4-2?

The day the legendary Tommy Harrison was subbed as a sub!

What happened to him - Last I remember he went to Clyde.

Charlie-Brown

It was a very odd season - some tremendous results & some awful form and performances as well culminating in us having to win on the last day to avoid relegation fears - at one point on the last day we were either bottom or in the play-off place with about 30 minutes to play but 2 goals from us and changes in scores elsewhere meant remarkably we climbed 3 or 4 places and finished 6th.

Our derby record was one to be forgotten that year with 3 defeats although our win in january was very enjoyable also can't believe that nobody as mentioned Willie Jamieson's 35 yard left foot against Celtic in the last minute......

The 4-2 cup win is on youtube somewhere I watched it on here a couple of months ago.

From Perth to Paisley

that nobody as mentioned Willie Jamieson's 35 yard left foot against Celtic in the last minute......

Was just about to - one of the best goals ever scored by a Hearts player. I remember seeing it on the telly that night! Back in the good old days when there was a sportscene match of the day programme on a Saturday night!

vlad on the tyne
sitting in the old enclosure ,watching craig half nelson making his debut

the share issue portakabins in mcleod street :eek:

cant really remember but was there not some story that year that was headlined something like "The Gorgie 6".

Some type of disciplinary action against a few players one of whom i seem to think was Nicky Walker

May well be getting very confused...

Geoff Kilpatrick

A Scottish Cup run ruined by Airdrie - again, after we lost our best player, Stevie Frail at Tannadice.

The rumours of Podgy Hands HT team talk at Hampden: "You're all s***e!"

...can't believe that nobody as mentioned Willie Jamieson's 35 yard left foot against Celtic in the last minute......

I vividly remember this. My season ticket at the time was in the seated area behind the dug out, and at that time there was no School End of any kind, there was only that black tarpaulin thing. There was a tear in it around about the goal area, and when Jamieson scored, you could see hundreds of Hearts fans going mental despite the fact that none of them knew how good a goal they had just missed.

Also, was that the season that there was a band in that gap pre match?

Archived