Victory shield tonight

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

2 young jambo strikers jamie walker & david smith playing for scotland tonite v n.ireland , game is live on sky

Guest JamboRobbo

I remember watching a recent version (2 years back maybe?) to see what all the hype was about re a young Jambo called Daniel Galbraith who Man Utd were after.

I watched the game, and ended up being more excited at what I saw from a young striker by the name of Gary Glen.

I remember watching a recent version (2 years back maybe?) to see what all the hype was about re a young Jambo called Daniel Galbraith who Man Utd were after.

I watched the game, and ended up being more excited at what I saw from a young striker by the name of Gary Glen.

Did he run about for 90 minutes spitting on the hearts badge in an attempt to kill the club? :rolleyes:

seriously though, I am pretty sure glen was offered the chance to join Man Utd at the same time was he not and turned them down?

I always thought Glen was too small, he has proven me wrong however he is now the latest player to be treated like crap by the mafia that run our club.

jamboinglasgow
I always find it quite worrying that anyone not related to the players would want to spend a friday night watching 16YO boys in shorts

Ah so its much better to watch 16yo boys in trousers than:p

seriously though, I think it's interesting to watch these players play at such a young age as it allows you see some that may stand out and see future stars before they are known to the mainstream public.

I do think Jamie Walker has the potential to be a really good player for Hearts (obviously he may not make it but if he keeps training hard and developing I am sure it can work.) Have to admit I dont really know much about David Smith.

Also isn't Shaun Thomson in the squad? I thought he was in the last squads for the Victory shield? Though he is behind the Celtic goalkeeper who is also called Thomson.

Charlie-Brown

S.Thomson is in the squad but the celtic guy is expected to play but walker & smith are first picks as well.

Just been a good run by Walker that he should have finished off and young Smith just put it on a plate beautifully for his strike partner to miss a sitter.

So far the Hearts players looking good.

Just been a good run by Walker that he should have finished off and young Smith just put it on a plate beautifully for his strike partner to miss a sitter.

So far the Hearts players looking good.

These lads are killing the club :mad:

Nucky Thompson
These lads are killing the club :mad:
EH:confused: I know there must be some sarcastic meaning in there somewhere, but your banter is pish:rolleyes:

Walker just had a cheeky lob cleared off the line by a fantastic piece of defending by the N.Irish.

Also, it is the Hearts 'keeper that is playing tonight, not that we have seen him yet.

EH:confused: I know there must be some sarcastic meaning in there somewhere, but your banter is pish:rolleyes:

I had three doughnuts in mind on here that would bite to that and you were one.

Nucky Thompson
I had three doughnuts in mind on here that would bite to that and you were one.
So you did:rolleyes:

cheers watching it now. what has the standard been like?

Quite good. If you are watching now, you will have just seen Walker's lob, Walker's breakaway and Smith sliding across the great chance for the non Jambo.

Matthew Jones and the commentator dude are only talking about the two Hearts players when discussing good performances.

portobellojambo1
Quite good. If you are watching now, you will have just seen Walker's lob, Walker's breakaway and Smith sliding across the great chance for the non Jambo.

Matthew Jones and the commentator dude are only talking about the two Hearts players when discussing good performances.

Have just switched it on on Sky Anytime PC, and saw the first half highlights there. I remember the first time I ever watched this competition, and the Scotland strike force at that time were two 15 year olds called Graham Weir and John Knox, and both of them were banging in goals for fun. Just have to hope the next generation don't disappear as well.

Have just switched it on on Sky Anytime PC, and saw the first half highlights there. I remember the first time I ever watched this competition, and the Scotland strike force at that time were two 15 year olds called Graham Weir and John Knox, and both of them were banging in goals for fun. Just have to hope the next generation don't disappear as well.

A certain hat trick that tournament cost Hearts a long deal for young Mr Weir.

Looks like Smith has went off at half time.

unfortunate for the scotland lads but only themselves to blame. Completely lost concentration after the goals to let n.ireland come back in to it.

Toxteth O'Grady

I think he has a house in the Royal Mile Auld Yin:p

It's typical of Scottish football, not just the jambos mate. We always have world-class (well, in that we always compete well on the world stage) teams up until about the age of 18. Then it seems to go mams up.

I think we seem to produce great raw talent but just dont know what to do with it once it is at 1st team level. It's like we knock the ability out of boys maybe because the trend in Scottish footall tends towards the negative

Hopefully for Scotland this wont happen with this generation and the likes of CLarkson at MOtherwell to name one, will fullfil potential (and cut out the diving)

Obv for Hearts, we want to see all these guy nurtured well and we're not far enough into Csaba's reign to assess this. Can only help if we keep scooping up these lads at a young age though

Archived