GARY MACKAY--FANS FORUM

Old Pivotonian

Old Pivotonian

The Fans Forum have finally got round to organising their AGM.

This will be held on Monday 17th November at Merchiston Hearts Social Club, Gorgie Road at 7.00 for 7.30 pm.

We have arranged for Gary Mackay to attend and carry out a book reading and signing. He will also be answering questions, etc. The books will be sold at a good discount and this is a great opportunity to get a signed book or two as christmas presents.

Just as importantly, the Fans Forum will be holding their AGM. A number of committee members have decided to stand down and there is an opportunity for anyone who wants to get involved.

If you want more information or you are considering joining us on the committee then contact me on:

[email protected]

Graham Anderson

Secretary, FF

This will be held on Monday 17th November at Merchiston Hearts Social Club, Gorgie Road at 7.00 for 7.30 pm.

We have arranged for Gary Mackay to attend and carry out a book reading and signing. He will also be answering questions, etc. The books will be sold at a good discount and this is a great opportunity to get a signed book or two as christmas presents.

Just as importantly, the Fans Forum will be holding their AGM. A number of committee members have decided to stand down and there is an opportunity for anyone who wants to get involved.

If you want more information or you are considering joining us on the committee then contact me on:

[email protected]

Graham Anderson

Secretary, FF

Who is doing that for him? :P:p

Old Pivotonian
Where is the book on sale about?

Most book shops in Edinburgh.

What we are offering at Merchiston Hearts a week on Monday is the opportunity to meet Gary, ask him a question or two, hear him read a bit of the book and buy a signed copy (if you like) at a discount.

Where is the book on sale about?

All good book shops.................and some rubbish ones as well:cool:

The Real Maroonblood
What happened to the Gorgie Suite as a venue for these meetings?

I take you will not attend now.

;)

Dougie Masterton
Most book shops in Edinburgh.

What we are offering at Merchiston Hearts a week on Monday is the opportunity to meet Gary, ask him a question or two, hear him read a bit of the book and buy a signed copy (if you like) at a discount.

What about my commission?:):)

Old Pivotonian
What about my commission?:):)

You are on a pint for every 15 that walk through the door.

Maybe.

Guest jambomickey

[email protected]

Graham Anderson

Secretary, FF

**** the fans forum! as far as i'm concerned the fans forum were pie mans backers

**** the fans forum! as far as i'm concerned the fans forum were pie mans backers

Hold on a minute jm. Maybe in it's original guise they were but SOH mounted a takeover of the FF during the campaign and I can assure you that the 'new' committee were anything but Pieman backers.

Sandy and Dougie will testify, I'm sure!

portobellojambo1

That may well have been the original intention when it was set up Jambomickey, but SOH quickly cottoned on to what Robinson was planning, and ensured the committee members were not his supporters/backers.

EDIT - Sorry, just saw iainmac's post.

lost in leith
Hold on a minute jm. Maybe in it's original guise they were but SOH mounted a takeover of the FF during the campaign and I can assure you that the 'new' committee were anything but Pieman backers.

Sandy and Dougie will testify, I'm sure!

Still remember smiling at the line that the FF were "now a wholly owned subsidiary of Save our Hearts" :)

On a more practical note, can someone from the FF post an agenda for the AGM?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks for the response Graham. That's a joke asking for that amount when they could make money from bar sales!

Thanks for the response Graham. That's a joke asking for that amount when they could make money from bar sales!

Fair comment Geoff, however not many turn up to the fans forums in my experience (I went to about 3 or 4), the club will not make that much per pint and would need to have sold a shed load to cover the costs of heating, lighting and staff wages.

The club are skint, they are even looking for financial support to keep the Magnificent Seven going and I guess they will need to make sure they come out of everything cost neutral when hiring out the suite whether it's for the fans forum or any other type of function.

Still remember smiling at the line that the FF were "now a wholly owned subsidiary of Save our Hearts" :)

one of my finer moments.

Sorry to hear that HMFC are charging the FF for accommodation, you would think Romanov would have been a wee bit more grateful.....oh well, best of luck with your AGM Graham.............Larnaca Hearts has theirs in April if both of us can get together.

Do we enter via the tunnell entrance or the bus stop?

....and what's the password?

Buffalo Bill

portobellojambo1
Do we enter via the tunnell entrance or the bus stop?

....and what's the password?

Buffalo Bill

By the bus stop Andy, the back entrance, in by Tynecastle Garage, is for members only. I am sure the door staff on the club will be made aware that there is a function on in the hall that evening, so no passwords are required :rolleyes:.

Old Pivotonian

Some people have contacted me confused over some of the evening's details.

Can I clarify that everyone over the age of 16 is very welcome. The Fans Forum doesn't have members as such so you don't need to join anything to be allowed in.

If you are bringing someone under 16 then we might be able to supervise them in another room.

Gary Mackay will be there to talk about his book, sign his book and answer questions. Afterwards we will hold the AGM. (I'll post an agenda soon honest).

Some existing cttee members are looking to stand down and we are looking for volunteers to take their place. Anyone interested should contact me at [email protected] or send me a PM.

Alternatively, you might want to come along see what we are about and make up your mind whether to get involved or not.

The worst that could happen is you can't be bothered with the FF but you still get to meet Gary Mackay.

Graham

Archived