Obua... attacking options?

Alan_R

I know there has been a few threads about him being injured etc

but he can't be long off coming back?

understatement but we are pretty desperate when it comes to our attacking options.

anyway I was thinking he supposedly scored quite a few goals for uganda playing in an AM position. Once he is back what is everyones opinion of the option of playing him just off nade? (assuming we are sticking with 1 up front)

as what little weve seen of him I can only recall him being on the left.

He's in the squad for Saturday and he played off the front at Hamilton and did alright (I thought anyway).

We had a really fluid forward line. He, Driver and Kingston all swapped around during the match.

I was speaking to him Monday at the gym said he's been fit for weeks. Don't know how, all he seems to do is sit in a steam room for the majority of the day and night.

Steam room to make him even more light??? Half way between him and Nade would give a decent build for a player. Got to give him a run for a few games though and see what he's got. We already know several other players don't improve the side.

Right now i'm not putting much hope in for him.

From what i've seen he doesn't look too bad but I don't expect much from him.

That way if he's good then it's a welcome surprise.

i thought he looked classy when he made his debut at tynecastle. he's supposed to have a really good scoring record at club and international level. whether that can possibly translate to being an effective option up front (ish) in the SPL is a whole different matter.

it's actually possibly the ideal time to get him in as a '2nd striker' or 'advanced midfielder'. zaliukas is out so instead of the 4-1-4-1 we have had, they could switch it to a 4-4-1-1 with karipidis filling in for zaliukas and D.O. playing behind big nad.

just so long as it's not kzPISHavicius!!!!!

no.

no.

NO.

He looked good in his appearences?

since when? He was absolutely junk in the games he played, not many granted.

As for his international record, I suspect a lot of Ugandans wouldnt even get a game for Linlithgow rose

I hope I am wrong but he's smelling awfully like Pinilla to me right now

Guest jambomickey

As for his international record, I suspect a lot of Ugandans wouldnt even get a game for Linlithgow rose

bit harsh! he needs more games and time to settle before we judge him.

bit harsh! he needs more games and time to settle before we judge him.

Ahhh so we are allowed to hail him a messiah after 2 games, but not suggest he might be a bit overrated:rolleyes:

i've seen that theory before about the amount of merit that can be placed on a player's international or club record for certain lowly ranked teams..... and i am still to get to grips with it.

surely it's far more important who the player has played against, who he has scored against.

all i know is that he was said to have scored about 10 international goals from about 30 caps.

that's an international strikers scoring ratio.... a good one at that.

Ahhh so we are allowed to hail him a messiah after 2 games, but not suggest he might be a bit overrated:rolleyes:

havn't heard anyone 'hail him a messiah' but you are completely jumping the gun to slag him off.

What is that judged on?

He's hardly had enough time on the pitch to prove himself either way. Wouldn't say he is overrated as it seems general opinion is that the jury is still out for most supporters as he is an unknown quantity.

A lot of juniors might just have got a game for N. Ireland when George Best played. Did that make him a bad player? I think not.

Its a pity your suggestions are always the negative though eh!!

Give it a rest!

PS and this is coming from someone who hasn't been so negative about the Hearts in my lifetime..

aye agree with prancer

He looks to lightweight and what I have seen so far of him to lazy.

Messiah read dud

Only time will tell I suppose. I would love to be proved wrong.

You have got to be THE most negative toxxer ever! Always quick to post in criticism, rarely posting in support.

Tell me, Prancer, just why do you bother reading JKB or, for that matter, supporting Hearts at all. Seems you would only give your support if YOU selected the players, if YOU appointed the manager and if the club was run solely in accordance with YOUR criteria.

Get a friggin' LIFE, get an alternative to JKB and gie us all bloody PEACE!

You have got to be THE most negative toxxer ever! Always quick to post in criticism, rarely posting in support.

Tell me, Prancer, just why do you bother reading JKB or, for that matter, supporting Hearts at all. Seems you would only give your support if YOU selected the players, if YOU appointed the manager and if the club was run solely in accordance with YOUR criteria.

Get a friggin' LIFE, get an alternative to JKB and gie us all bloody PEACE!

Would you like a hug?:rolleyes:

obua was crap in the couple of games i have seen him except for the motherwell game.

can't see him rescuing another sh*te season.... only an out and out striker with a good record and save things now.

He gives us something different if he plays like he did on his debut and gets a game more often to get up to fitness he could push us on.

obua was crap in the couple of games i have seen him except for the motherwell game.

can't see him rescuing another sh*te season.... only an out and out striker with a good record and save things now.

don't think anyone is suggesting he will 'rescue our season'. We have to work with what we have and it probably is worth looking at this possibility as what weve currently been doing isn't really working. Not saying obua is the answer but itrs worth a shot... then again so is 2 up front! :(

don't think anyone is suggesting he will 'rescue our season'. We have to work with what we have and it probably is worth looking at this possibility as what weve currently been doing isn't really working. Not saying obua is the answer but itrs worth a shot... then again so is 2 up front! :(

Based on what I've seen of him so far, I wouldn't play him ahead of Wallace, Driver, Stewart, Aguiar, Miko, Chesney, Kingston or Nade. He might get a game ahead of Ksnavicius though.

A manager's signing before that manager had ever seen a Scottish football game and seen what Scottish football requires? Maybe.

He gives us something different if he plays like he did on his debut and gets a game more often to get up to fitness he could push us on.

indeed. Give the guy some time to adjust FFS. Unbelievable the impatience that a dislike of Vlad causes in people...

I was speaking to him Monday at the gym said he's been fit for weeks. Don't know how, all he seems to do is sit in a steam room for the majority of the day and night.

Interesting that he reckons he's been fit for weeks.

Why on earth has he not been in the match day squad then? :rolleyes:

I mentioned on another thread recently that I found the whole Obua injury a bit suss.

Came through the internationals fine and then was put out for over 6 weeks because of a couple of flights. How bad a muscle injury can you get being sat on a plane?

I think most of us just accepted it because even we couldnt think of a genuine political reason to refuse to play Obua this early in his career.

Maybe, as he was signed in the summer, he is on one of these new low basic - high pay as you play contract and we didnt have the cash to play him over recent times.

Anyway, no surprise to hear that he could have been playing before now

I mentioned on another thread recently that I found the whole Obua injury a bit suss.

Came through the internationals fine and then was put out for over 6 weeks because of a couple of flights. How bad a muscle injury can you get being sat on a plane?

I think most of us just accepted it because even we couldnt think of a genuine political reason to refuse to play Obua this early in his career.

Maybe, as he was signed in the summer, he is on one of these new low basic - high pay as you play contract and we didnt have the cash to play him over recent times.

Anyway, no surprise to hear that he could have been playing before now

What a ridiculous theory!

Or at least it would be at any proper football club.

At ours it is sadly all too plausible. :cool:

aye agree with prancer

He looks to lightweight and what I have seen so far of him to lazy.

Messiah read dud

Only time will tell I suppose. I would love to be proved wrong.

Im only going on this one post of yours but I would say you probably get proved wrong a lot of the time.

I am very surprised he has said this, because he was apparently waiting until he felt 100% fit before going back to training and I'm pretty sure he only started training again last week?? Anyways, he'll be on the bench on Saturday

I am very surprised he has said this, because he was apparently waiting until he felt 100% fit before going back to training and I'm pretty sure he only started training again last week?? Anyways, he'll be on the bench on Saturday

Let's hope he doesn't sustain another injury. Those dugouts are pretty cramped these days. :rolleyes:

The Puppeteer

I think it's about time the midfield as whole stepped up to the plate and got us some goals - lord knows the strikers currently playing aren't going to pick up many. We need the likes of Stewart, Driver, Aguiar and Kingston to be hitting the net regularly, at least until such time as we have a strike force that can be counted on to get the goals...

Captain Lithuania
on a side not how feckin skinny are his legs(in the new catalogue i noticed ftr)

One bad tackle and they're snapped! :o

You smell like p ish and talk a lot of sheite and have to the most negative poster in living memory, can you not get yourself off to mogadonman.com where I am sure they started the website in your memory.

Looking at stats though, we won two of the Three games Obua featured in!!! Whether a player shines or not may depend on the assignment the coach gives him!!

Archived