Total Moron

Dr. Bapswent

tommythejambo
His sentiments were ok I thought.

So did I actually, just speaks a bit funny. Had to pause it for laughing when Paxman reffered to him as 'Mr. Rascal' though.

I can't but help feeling it sums everything up, that they feel the need to get some British Rapper on the TV to talk about the American Elections. :(

I can't but help feeling it sums everything up, that they feel the need to get some British Rapper on the TV to talk about the American Elections. :(

It seems to me (and know FEK ALL about Politics, Which will be apparent) that the US Elections were based, 99% of the time, on the Colour of Barrack Obamas skin!It's all people seem to talk about on the News or in the Papers or Am I just being to negative here??

Tin hat on I suppose! :o

It seems to me (and know FEK ALL about Politics, Which will be apparent) that the US Elections were based, 99% of the time, on the Colour of Barrack Obamas skin!It's all people seem to talk about on the News or in the Papers or Am I just being to negative here??

Tin hat on I suppose! :o

To be fair though, America has just voted in its first black president. It is less than 50 years ago that Blacks were given the right to vote!

It really is a momentus occassion. People were the same when Kennedy became president when referring to his religion.

To be fair though, America has just voted in its first black president. It is less than 50 years ago that Blacks were given the right to vote!

It really is a momentus occassion. People were the same when Kennedy became president when referring to his religion.

Point taken mate!! :o

Point taken mate!! :o

I guess in this country if there were to be a black PM we may think differently, but perhaps it is "British reserve" that makes us think, "Why isn't it about the policies?"

Race isn't the issue, but it is (if you see what I mean... :o)

ArmiyaRomanova
Too cool to actually have to use all the letters in the words....

These people serve no purpose and are a blight on society.

Go Paxman...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7713237.stm

Init!

I'm sure when he's Prime Minister he'll have something to say about your pension...

N'at, yeh?

portobellojambo1
I guess in this country if there were to be a black PM we may think differently, but perhaps it is "British reserve" that makes us think, "Why isn't it about the policies?"

He has no option but to succeed Boris, because if he doesn't it will not be a case of a bad American President, it will be a bad black American president.

And it will then be a long time before America votes for another black president, his colour may not have determined him getting elected, but it will determine things thereafter.

Much of the world is delihted at his election because of his Muslim connections, and foresee massive change in American policy, if the American people do not like those changes, they will react to ensure it doesn't happen again, for a long time.

He has no option but to succeed Boris, because if he doesn't it will not be a case of a bad American President, it will be a bad black American president.

And it will then be a long time before America votes for another black president, his colour may not have determined him getting elected, but it will determine things thereafter.

Much of the world is delihted at his election because of his Muslim connections, and foresee massive change in American policy, if the American people do not like those changes, they will react to ensure it doesn't happen again, for a long time.

Is that why we haven't had a female PM in this country for so long? ;)

I take yur point though and agree with you. The weight of expectation is on his administration's shoulders.

I stepped away from saying this after he won, but the stats are astonishing IMO. He got 95% of "black" votes (not sure how they work that out tbh) and whilst I expected him to get the vast majority of black votes, that number is incredibly high.

Of course, your post referring to the oppression of black Americans does give good reason why they did that, but imagine that it was the other way around and 95% of "white" Americans had voted for McCain? I dunno, I am not a fan of positive discrimination (IMO discrimination is not good in any situation) and these sort of figures concern me slightly.

Much like yourself and PJ1 say, so much rests on his shoulders, he has an extremely hard job for the next four years, good luck to him.

PontiusPilate

I'd rather have Mr Rascal running the country than the one eyed ****** we have at the moment, respect rascal.

Exactly. What is the world coming to when Newsnight asks the opinion of someone who is arguably a representative of a large strand of British youth culture.

I'd much rather hear from David Cameron and Delia Smith.

I P Knightley
I'd rather have Mr Rascal running the country than the one eyed ****** we have at the moment, respect rascal.

Or the Martian Man or the Purple Man he referred to.

I have a purple man who makes an awful lot of decisions on my behalf; not all of them have, with hindsight, been absolutely sound...

Or the Martian Man or the Purple Man he referred to.

I have a purple man who makes an awful lot of decisions on my behalf; not all of them have, with hindsight, been absolutely sound...

No relation to the one eyed man Pontius Pilate was referring to??

Hmm yes Mr Rascal, he couldn't have done it without hip-hop. Deluded much?

Still, love that Dance Wiv Me song :laugh:

Hmm yes Mr Rascal, he couldn't have done it without hip-hop. Deluded much?

Still, love that Dance Wiv Me song :laugh:

And he actually meant it, too.

Dizzee's going to run for office, lord help us... :biggrin:

Hmmmmmm Boris or the Rascal? Only a moron would choose Boris. Better a Rascal than a Fleabag toff with hidden agendas.

:eek:

Oh...you mean that Boris....

johnsondoherycopyio0.jpg

Go Paxman...

Init!

Just because you don't 'get him' or don't like his music or the way he speaks it doesn't mean his opinions and thoughts are not as valid as yours. That hurts doesn't it? :)

All he is doing in this video is basically speaking with an accent. I'm sure if they had a Scot on they would be using the word 'Yi' instead of 'You' just as often as he uses 'init'.

Listen to what he has to say. Not how it is said.

Boris Johnson is almost certainly a wolf in sheeps clothing. Like George W, a persona of the lovable idiot pulls the wool over the eyes of the swinging voter and as soon as he's in power you get the neo-con agenda presented in full.

The lovable bumpkin that George W was is the same as the harmless eccentric that Boris J is - a made up character to fool the masses with. Beware the fleabag.

He got 95% of "black" votes (not sure how they work that out tbh)

and these sort of figures concern me slightly.

They work out the figures from exit polls.

John Kerry got 88% of "black" votes in 2004.

He came across as an idiot but to be fair I don't think many of the people judging him on that video would have looked much better if interviewed under similar circumstances. Believe me (it's something I've had to do several times and hated it every time) it can be very hard being interviewed by camera.

Radio's a piece of **** though, but maybe that's just me. ;)

ArmiyaRomanova
It'll be a Hispanic president next. The rednecks are going to be frothing.

Hell, they've just had their president.

Back of the line, hicks......

Just because you don't 'get him' or don't like his music or the way he speaks it doesn't mean his opinions and thoughts are not as valid as yours. That hurts doesn't it? :)

All he is doing in this video is basically speaking with an accent. I'm sure if they had a Scot on they would be using the word 'Yi' instead of 'You' just as often as he uses 'init'.

Listen to what he has to say. Not how it is said.

I think the suggestion is that having a musician like Dizzee commenting on US politics is a little weird and given that he doesn't appear to have a particularly strong interest or knowledge in the subject, it's quite amusing too.

Politics + Dizzee 'init' speak = entertaining combination

I don't know Mr Raascal, but get the impression he is a much more intelligent gent than his public persona.

Nuffink wrong with today's yoof if he's an example, innit, och aye the noo, jimmy.

and what happened to him

this_is_my_story

Go Paxman...

Init!

How's that, exactly? He's brought out some great stuff in his time, which will have given pleasure to many.

No offence, but for you to refer to him to as a 'total moron' when you're coming out with statements like that... well, the word 'irony' isn't far from my thoughts.

Archived