Smeltic **** again

Cyber

portobellojambo1

The sad individuals who make up Tiocfaidh Ar La (TAL) will not be happy bunnies this weekend, republican **** that they are.

Tbh whilst those people are clearly rodents of the lowest form, I am sure any proper person would be offended by a few "hearts" forums

Every club has its segment of inbred children

That nonsense with them is getting out of hand. Right we get it your anti-british and anti-everything ffs!

They might be anti-British but I bet it won't stop them cashing their f****** giros

Rats of the highest order who forget about the lives of men from all over the British Isles who fought and died for their freedoms, just to further their outsiders view of being the huddled masses:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I despise everything their horrid club and it's supporters stand for:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

these people want to visit the war memorial gardens in dublin or to remember

the 140.000 irish volunteers. the men of 16th irish division who fought side by side with the 36th ulster division at messines 1917 .

The 35.000 irish who died...... but these people would rather rejoice in songs of the 200 that were murdered between 1919-22 because they had joined the british army.

Thig Ar Latha

the 140.000 irish volunteers. the men of 16th irish division who fought side by side with the 36th ulster division at messines 1917 .

The 35.000 irish who died...... but these people would rather rejoice in songs of the 200 that were murdered between 1919-22 because they had joined the british army.

This is very true. They are also insulting the memory of the Celtic players and the many Celtic supporters of the time who fought for their freedom.

Celtic Fans are so wrapped up in their anti british thing that they now have their own brand of being PC. To the point that it now PC for them to forget important parts of their own history.

jamboinglasgow

they also insult their fellow fans who fight and die in the british military. I am sure a celtic fan who is currently in the military is really pleased at how some of his fellow fans think of his sacrifice.

The fact that some celtic (and most likely a tiny minorty) are treating the poppy appeal as a political organisation that they need to protest about shows they need to protest about shows how warped and sad their lives are.

And the crazy thing is that Celtic are a club that are based in Scotland...

Brian Whittaker's Tache

And the crazy thing is that Celtic are a club that are based in Scotland...

Thats what gets me about all these protesters, if its that bad here why don't you feck off where you think it's obviously better

Thats what gets me about all these protesters, if its that bad here why don't you feck off where you think it's obviously better

Better watch out dude, thats considered bigotted!! :P

I agree, it's true of all these ar*es that protest about the great evil that is Britain, yet still take the State handouts and use the State Healthcare system, etc.

Guest juvehearts

I hate celtic & everything they stand for.

I destes hibs fans their club is OK their fans are not.

I hate CELTIC, the name, the club & their mhanky fhans

Probably the same guy who protested about the famine song

these rheptiles should be wiped from the face of the earth

Until the club itself comes out and stands up against these type of people. They are never going to go away.

maybe a wee forward of this to the papers or to the bbc would help

Greatest fans in the world aye right

Sc*m. There is absolutely no way of defending this abhorrent group of vhermin.

The points made about airbrushing from history all the Irish who died in WW1 and being anti-British whilst no doubt claiming benefits from the UK government will no doubt be lost down at the Glitterdome. :mad:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I agree, it's true of all these ar*es that protest about the great evil that is Britain, yet still take the State handouts and use the State Healthcare system, etc.

I don't think that's bigotted.

I like to think of my self as a fairly liberal kinda guy, and I'm proud to be British/Scottish (not in a BNP/Nationalist way) but proud of what this country stands for, our heritage and the great people we've produced over the course of history.

My pi$h starts boiling when people run this place down and protesting about our way of life. It might not be perfect and there's things we might want to change but we have rights and freedoms to do those try and change things. The people that the Poppies honour are the people that sacrificed so much to make sure we still have those rights.

If youre not happy somewhere, why run your mouth off about it. Just move to where you think you'll be happier.

It's dead easy!

And again from yesterdays express

THERE IS NO POPPY DAY FOR BRITISH ARMY VICTIMS

It's insensitive of the SPL teams to wear poppies on their strips for this weekends matches

As a Celtic fan of Irish descent I find it offensive. The British Army brutilised the Irish during the Troubles. Will there be a day for victims of the British Army

Brenda McKillop

Glasgow.

Frightening and they wonder why the famine song gets song at them

Agreed - and they might also want to remember the thousands of 'Celtic minded' Scots who volunteered for both world wars.

Maybe the next time they come rather than unfurling idiotic banners about beasting Hoopy, we could unfurl a banner in honour of Fr Stephen Thornton who in 1914 marched at the head of his RC parishioners in Cadzow to the recruiting office, signed up as an army chaplain, and was later awarded the DSO.

Which banner do you think would really noise the Plastic buggers up???

Funny, because the several Irish (that's mainly Scots born) catholic Celtic supporters I know tend to work in the public sector (health, social care, education, police) rather than sponge off it.

I'm not sure if I am one of SUSS's "tim lovers". When we were debating the OF last week I was in the majority who disliked Rangers more than Celtic, so perhaps I am.

So for the record, I feel the same way towards the Up The Ra brigade as I do about any faction of any team's support that behaves as if Irish history is remotely relevant to present-day Scottish football (and that would include not a few fans of Rangers, and a few of ours).

The true divide is not between Catholic and Protestant, Rangers and Celtic, Billy and Tim, British and Irish or whatever. It's between those who use sectarianism as a means of "enhancing" their footballing experience and those who want us all to move on.

jamboinglasgow
And again from yesterdays express

It's insensitive of the SPL teams to wear poppies on their strips for this weekends matches

As a Celtic fan of Irish descent I find it offensive. The British Army brutilised the Irish during the Troubles. Will there be a day for victims of the British Army

Brenda McKillop

Glasgow.

Frightening and they wonder why the famine song gets song at them

The sad thing is that this call will rise over the next few years. ANd may lead to some politicions actully calling for a ban of poppys at Celtic Park. Yes the British army has not been squeaky clean in its past and it has been involved in wars it probably shouldn't have but the problem that people have is understanding that the poppys are about those who are killed and wounded and those in conflicts where they are risking their lives.

If you are angry at wars and actions, blame politicions, they send people out to fight and die so should have ultimate responsabilty as there over a million soldiers alone who died in Britain last century so that we could be free (over a fifth of the Scottish population, a sobering thought.) And millions more who have been disfigured, traumatised and even never ever found again, that is why we remember, that is why the poppy appeal should never be criticised.

Also another sad note was this story in the evening news, I hope the people who stole from the haig factory and stole a collecting tin have guilt that eats them up inside.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Valuable-toy-soldiers-stolen-in.4666604.jp

Bottom line is the whole club has to look at itself

This irish roots rubbish is what is causing the problems

Same could be said about there twin accross the city

Both teams started going on about there scottish roots( as tghis is infact where the teams are based and where founded) the better.

Nice to see the Hearts bench kitted out in poppies on Sunday , whether in smart or casual/sporty dress. I don't recall seeing any on the Sellick bench.

As for the moron mentioned in the first post : heaven forbid , but in our hour of need , who willl come to our rescue? The British or Irish army.

Rudolf's Mate

Agreed with what you are all saying however something doesn't sit right here....

Having looked at the piece I noticed it's been posted under Rangers FC in the news group! It also makes reference to the famine in a jokingly way! Am I missing something? I thought it was meant to be posted by a soap dodging Smeltic fan however the above makes me think something is not right!

Celtic's Oirishness is a PR stunt, and the great unwashed have fallen for it. Think back to the black and white pictures of Celtic winning in Lisbon in 1967.

How many Irish flags were there.None. Lots of kilts.....

Spot on, they are happy to live here claim benefits, claim child benefit, tax credits etc etc. Yet they despise the country which gives them this. If they hate this country so much then they should Go back to Ireland.....having said that a lot of them have probably never even stepped foot in Ireland in their lives.

Celtic and its fans are the lowest forms of life on this planet. I hate Rangers as well, however at the risk of being classed a mini hun which i certainly am not, They do at least respect this country, albeit as a Britain more times than Scotland.

Any disrespect by this **** at the weekend should be highlighted by all and passed onto the media, not only in Scotland but down south as well so this shamefull bigotted bunch of low lifes can be shown up nationally for what they really are, and hopefully pressure can be put on them by UEFA not the SFA as we know they are cowards. Rangers quite rightly were censored and warned by UEFA yet this vile **** carry on singing "Illegal" songs sectarian songs and have fans running onto a pitch at Euro matches yet nothing seems to be getting done.

It's time for the SFA to grow a set of balls....but will that ever happen????

Agreed with what you are all saying however something doesn't sit right here....

Having looked at the piece I noticed it's been posted under Rangers FC in the news group! It also makes reference to the famine in a jokingly way! Am I missing something? I thought it was meant to be posted by a soap dodging Smeltic fan however the above makes me think something is not right!

You're right, but google 'poppy celtic' and you'll see that there is plenty of plastic bigotry out there on the Celtic boards. There are, to be fair, a good few Celts arguing the other way.

Brenda McKillop

Glasgow.

I can't believe some of the morons this country breeds.

The troubles are supposed to be over - move on. This is standard "chip on the shoulder" - Very good for Brenda that she is proud of being of Irish decent, but I'm going to assume (and there's a 99.9% change I'm right here) that the Irish troubles will have had zero impact on her or her family.

If all Scots/English/Welsh etc had taken that attitude then Irish people wouldn't be allowed to leave Ireland cause some people from their country killed some innocent Scots/English/Welsh people when the blew up bombs in pubs / shopping centres etc.

People like Brenda effectively glorify terrorism. They are just not intelligent enough to realise it.

jamboinglasgow
I can't believe some of the morons this country breeds.

The troubles are supposed to be over - move on. This is standard "chip on the shoulder" - Very good for Brenda that she is proud of being of Irish decent, but I'm going to assume (and there's a 99.9% change I'm right here) that the Irish troubles will have had zero impact on her or her family.

If all Scots/English/Welsh etc had taken that attitude then Irish people wouldn't be allowed to leave Ireland cause some people from their country killed some innocent Scots/English/Welsh people when the blew up bombs in pubs / shopping centres etc.

People like Brenda effectively glorify terrorism. They are just not intelligent enough to realise it.

hence I think the non-OF teams should start singing to both sides to the sloop john B

just leave us alone

the troubles over

just leave us alone

Celtic's Oirishness is a PR stunt, and the great unwashed have fallen for it. Think back to the black and white pictures of Celtic winning in Lisbon in 1967.

Think to the colour version of the match. How many Tricolours? Loads!

as someone who had many of my family fight for their country i find c*ltic and their fhans disgusting.

vhile institution, **** of the earth.

portobellojambo1

You are very wrong Wilson, there weren't many Celtic strips in evidence, because it wasn't so "in" to wear them back then, but there were thousands of Irish flags in Lisbon. In fact the first stop off point for the returning Celtic flight was Dublin, and it had nothing to do with the amount of fuel planes could carry back then. Their association, as a club, with the RoI has actually reduced over the years, but I do not think it is through their choice, more the choice of the people of the RoI who do not want to be associated with them

As for Brian_Whittakers-Tache's comments about living in a better place, I believe the Rangers fans have been trying to get that point across to Celtic fans for a little while, by pointing out a simple truth. Trouble is again that Celtic supporters do not want to go live there, because they would be as welcome there as they are here.

They are living in a time warp of what they class as non sectarian Irish republican politics, and nobody is interested in it bar them.

Nucky Thompson

I hate the vermin with a passion. The very sight of the smelly, unwashed tramps makes me want to spew:Icky:

THERE WILL BE A PROTEST AGAINST THIS - EVEN IF TAL IS ALONE IN ORGANISING IT ON SATURDAY - WE WILL BE PROTESTING AGAINST THIS PRO-IMPERIALIST NONSENSE.

What are the chances of the media reporting on this proposed protest? Or will it be swept under the carpet to protect ra sellic?

I suppose that it's too much to expect the Celtic anti-poppy brigade to know that in 1914 John Redmond, the leader of the Irish Nationalists, called on his supporters to support the war effort. His son and his brother, both called William although the brother was invariably referred to as Willie, both enlisted.

Willie, who was over 50 when he enlisted, was badly wounded in 1917 and was carried to a Casualty Clearing Station by members of the 36th (Ulster) Division, an almost entirely Protestant unit. Redmond died at the CCS and one of the Ulstermen was wounded in the unsuccessful attempt to save his life.

William won the DSO during the war and in the 1918 General Election was one of the few MPs elected in Ireland who was a member of neither Sinn Fein nor the Unionists

Archived