Marvin Gaye Fecking Rocks.

Lovecraft

Say What Again
Sorry, just grooving my ass off to some Marv.

Funk Me, Funk Me, Funk Me.

This thread desrves a reply.

Marv - and Otis Redding are legends.

How does it go?

FACT.

marvin, otis, aretha, sam cooke............

proper good old soul

Try some Dobie Gray and Archie Bell on you tube!

Marvin Gaye is indeed a legend and he does fecking rock. As others have said, as do Otis (finest voice ever) Cooke, Hayes and Franklin. Soul is marvellous.

Died in highly unfortunate circumstances.

The poor b**tard was shot by his old man.

Buffalo Bill

Anyone see that Jools Holland thing the other night with Al Green? Was quality. Showed some good clips of when he was a young 'un too.

Cannae beat a bit of soul. Although my old flatmates used to rip the **** then go listen to Foo Fighters.....:(

Stevie Wonder on sesame street. Possibly the funkiest sesame street ever. Check out the wee man getting his groove on half way through!

2005-9-23-12-41-26-whats-going-on.jpg

Classic,Probably the closest soul came to a concept album.

A few mates, good food, some good plonk and this on the radiogram:o.

they don't make me like they used to.

some other great shouts on this thread. stevie is one of my all time heroes along with aretha, al green.. wonderful, sam cooke, voice like melted butter, curtis mayfeild, yup...

man i gotta dig out some old skool soul tonight

If you like Curtis try The Impressions .Move On Up and Pusherman do it for me.For the MG fans try Marvin Gaye The Real Thing In Performance 1964-1981 a 2-Disc Dvd+Cd set (On second thoughts maybe just for Motown anoraks like me)Much prefer David Ruffin post temptations to Marvin very underated and undervalued at Motown where Marv was of course married to Berry Gordys sister Anna.

marvin, otis, aretha, sam cooke............

proper good old soul

Tonight's playlist before the fitba starts will be, Marvin Gaye, Aretha queen of soul Franklin and the man Otis Redding and a nice bottle of South African Pinotage, total chill.

:note::cheers::cheers::cheers::note2:

41ND2%2BR0y5L__SS500__thumb.jpg

This is the first album I ever bought, when I was about ten. It's a fantastic snapshot of the best stuff Motown ever issued, and features Marvin Gaye twice - doing Grapevine and the brilliant duet You're All I Need To Get By with Tammi Terrell.

Tonight's playlist before the fitba starts will be, Marvin Gaye, Aretha queen of soul Franklin and the man Otis Redding and a nice bottle of South African Pinotage, total chill.

:note::cheers::cheers::cheers::note2:

i'll be round at yours in an hour!!

sounds like a tip top night!

Good stuff.

Glad to see there are people on here that appreciate good music.

Great shout for Curtis Mayfield.

He also rocks.

i'll be round at yours in an hour!!

sounds like a tip top night!

The only thing missing tonight was a beautiful woman with great taste in music, which you obviously have, jesus I sound like a sad bar steward, fortunately the wonderful Aretha Franklin filled the room............The bottle is now toast.

Wilson Pickett always gets forgotten in these debates. He did some fantastic stuff.

And of course Sam And Dave.

Got to add Jackie Wilson and Smokey Robinson to that list.

Ray Charles too. Whilst not strictly soul music, as his range of styles and influences were too wide to fall into that category, his music was ever soulful.

Archived