Radio Ad for Evening News - typical Hibs attitude

Diane

There's a series of adverts running on Radio Forth for the Evening News, the selling point being that they focus on Edinburgh football. So far so good.

In each advert they take one supporter from Hibs and one from Hearts, and ask them which team they support, their favourite player, and their "magic moment". Still so far so good.

So, for example, you get one voice saying "The Hibees!". Another voice saying "I'm a Jambos man myself". One voice saying "John Robertson". Another voice saying "Franck Sauzee".

Then it gets to the "magic moment". I've heard three versions of this advert. The first two were pretty reasonable. The third? "Mark de Vries scoring four on his derby debut". "Albert Kidd!". WTF?

OK, OK, I know I shouldn't be surprised. It's been said to death about how sad it is that their favourite moment wasn't even an achievement by their team. But to still be doing it? I honestly feel sorry for them. I would struggle to pick my magic moment from the cup wins, Bordeaux, Basel, Jose Quitongo, Mark de Vries, Austin McCann, beating Aberdeen to split the OF...... so many truly magic moments. I experienced all of them in person, and they all featured Hearts.

Kjell Olofsson doesn't get a look in.

To be fair, if we hadn't won the cup in '98, Kjell would be celebrated a bit more vociferously.

Forever Maroon
To be fair, if we hadn't won the cup in '98, Kjell would be celebrated a bit more vociferously.

not from me, couldn'y care less what happens to them.... it's all about HMFC for me

not from me, couldn'y care less what happens to them.... it's all about HMFC for me

Same.

I think Hearts fans celebrating Kjell are a wee bit silly. That's Hobo behaviour.

We all know that the best thing to happen to Hibs since they won one of the 2 proper trophies was Albert Kidd and he never even played for them. A sad indictment of a sad club who's only recent success was the failure of their rivals.

alwaysthereinspirit

I love to see #ibs lose but cant ever imagine a scenario were I'm picking something that happened to them over something we accomplished. :107years:

I love to see #ibs lose but cant ever imagine a scenario were I'm picking something that happened to them over something we accomplished. :107years:

thats because you seen them win a couple of BIG trophy's, give them their little tiny pleasure, it's all they have, even harold shipman should be shown humanity

How pathetic they are. I'd hate to have to say that I only get pleasure out of another team's pain because nothing my team has ever done is worthy of note. What a place to be. Oh and of course it's typical of the Leith News to actually use that comment too.

Mon the JT's !!

Guest juvehearts

Raido forth is a crappy station anyway.

infact all scottish raido stations are rubbish these days.

I bet the person who got the hibs clips went to leith's job centre & harrased the giro line.

Archived