Celtic on Sunday

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

Celtic officialls and Peter lawell were told on SundaY just prior to the after match press conference that the disgracefulbehaviour of the ir fans in relation to IRa songs but also in relation to a particular song about O Dea and a criminal matter was going to be highlighted in the tabloids.

The Strachan ersehole incident was fed to the press to deflect this

The Strachan ersehole incident

I know this is meant to be a serious thread but that bit gives a whole new perspective on events :)

Sounds about right.

The fact that a story about one a-hole takes prededence over about 3'000 a-holes shows the power that Sellik have over the media in this country.

Celtic officialls and Peter lawell were told on SundaY just prior to the after match press conference that the disgracefulbehaviour of the ir fans in relation to IRa songs but also in relation to a particular song about O Dea and a criminal matter was going to be highlighted in the tabloids.

What was that bit about?

Did it happen or not?

The People's Chimp
The dark arts of spin from the nulabour pitbull:mad:

99% of tabloid journalists support one half of the gruesome twosome. I have a friend who is currently working at one of the big two tabloids and they confirmed that the entire staff is ridiculously glasgow centric and pro old firm.

gorgie rd eh11

No surprise if true. Like strachan giving the media the line before the game about his players needing protection after one his players had tried to do someone the week before and got away with it. Mcmanus and Caldwell have both put players out of the game for long periods, which Hearts players have? Did the media point this out, or did they allow strachan to use them to put pressure on the match officials? Rantic lackies the lot of them.

Seymour M Hersh
all part of the ongoing mutual interest society thing they operate. parasites one and all.

Indeed it is. But it is in keeping with the terrorist organisations most of their fans support. Apparently the IRA and UDA hierarchy would meet fairly regularly to make sure they were carving up the criminal underworld (that they themselves ran) takings correctly!

I did wonder why the 'Strachan you're an a-hole' stuff had been given so much attention. I can't imagine that this sort of thing is completely unusual, lots of people must call him names on a regular basis surely? Seemed like an overreaction at the time and now, I guess it makes more sense....

God I despise them. And their media chums.

Francis Albert
Did it happen or not?

What the ersehole bit? I assume so - although Strachan NOT being called an ersehole would have been more newsworthy.

What was that bit about?

I'm maybe being a dumb-ass too, but what is/was the story about O'Dea? He was in some drunken night club brawl over the summer, but has something happened since?

Did it happen or not?

Yes it did. An unflattering comment was also made about Strachan's wife. It happened right outside the media centre, so I'm not sure there was any need for anyone to "feed" anything to anybody else. :rolleyes:

Indeed it is. But it is in keeping with the terrorist organisations most of their fans support. Apparently the IRA and UDA hierarchy would meet fairly regularly to make sure they were carving up the criminal underworld (that they themselves ran) takings correctly!

that would not surprise me at all, very little would when it comes to that whole paramilitary group / organised crime deal.

on the OF... they stick to each other like dog droppings to a shoe sole, when they have a common interest... which is quite often.

OF fans hate their clubs being referred to as the OF, like one entity. that's exactly what they are though, two heads of the same two-headed parasitical infestation.

alwaysthereinspirit
The media are as much a disgrace as Rangers and Celtic.

Makes you want to emigrate.

I did emigrate.

It doesn't help. You then go on team message board for your info. Much more bias. ;)

Yes it did. An unflattering comment was also made about Strachan's wife. It happened right outside the media centre, so I'm not sure there was any need for anyone to "feed" anything to anybody else. :rolleyes:

But was it a Hearts supporter or did the tims put up one of their own to do it ?

Spill the beans Colonel.

boabyarsebiscuit
Spill the beans Colonel.

It's a matter of public record that O'Dea has an assault charge pending. No doubt his brief is working on a "victim of sectarian abuse" defence.

The song glorified the claim that "Darren o dea slashed a Hun"

Ah those twinkly eyed scamps, eh?

Vile, vile.

Toxteth O'Grady
The song glorified the claim that "Darren o dea slashed a Hun"

Just good Oirish banter though:rolleyes:

Fozzyonthefence

Instead Keith Jackson highlighted "good old fashioned Celtic baiting" by the Hearts fans. Nothing said about the **** though.

The media are as much a disgrace as Rangers and Celtic.

Makes you want to emigrate.

take it from one who has emigrated, you cant escape them...i was subjected to chants of ooo aa up the ra on sunday night in sydney pub...the bar staff just laughed...its just craic dont you know??

Archived