Billy Broon : well said that man!!!/BB OF (Merged Threads)

Victorian

billy brown has gone way up in my estimations upon reading his article in the daily rioter today.

instead of skirting around the issue, he has come out and told it like it is regarding the ridiculous moaning of celtic about how their players should always get 'protection' against challenges. it's about time someone from a management team of an SPL club came out and spoke honestly and truthfully about the ludicrous demands that the OF clubs are placing on match officials.

he's been a bit of a silly sausage in the past has oor billy but fair play to him in this instance.

if only the likes of fatty calderwood, mghee and a few others would stand up to these cheating barstewards, there might just be the beginnings of a more honest and equitable game in this country.

billy brown has gone way up in my estimations upon reading his article in the daily rioter today.

instead of skirting around the issue, he has come out and told it like it is regarding the ridiculous moaning of celtic about how their players should always get 'protection' against challenges. it's about time someone from a management team of an SPL club came out and spoke honestly and truthfully about the ludicrous demands that the OF clubs are placing on match officials.

he's been a bit of a silly sausage in the past has oor billy but fair play to him in this instance.

if only the likes of fatty calderwood, mghee and a few others would stand up to these cheating barstewards, there might just be the beginnings of a more honest and equitable game in this country.

Aye and if Romanov did that, he'd be hauled before the GFA.

Seymour M Hersh
quotes? i'd like to see exactally what was said.

I'm sorry but all bridges burnt with me and that hobo nob end billy brown.

quotes? i'd like to see exactally what was said.

Here you go.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2008/11/05/well-paid-celtic-stars-don-t-want-us-to-tackle-them-says-kilmarnock-no-2-billy-brown-86908-20871002/

Well-paid Celtic stars don't want us to tackle them, says Kilmarnock No. 2 Billy Brown

Nov 5 2008 Billy Brown

THE FUSS made by Celtic after they had beaten us in the Co-operative Insurance Cup last week was unbelievable.

It seems to me they are never happy.

They have all the money, get all the best players and win trophies as well.

Now they don't even want us to tackle them.

Shunsuke Nakamura complained the day after the game he had been kicked all over the park during a match we deservedly lost.

Aday later, Scott Brown came out with more or less the same thing, moaning about the referee not protecting Nakamura and the other Celtic players.

This astonishes me. It was a cheap shot and way out of order.

I watched the entire game again and in my eyes there was only one bad tackle - David Lilley on Scott McDonald.

It wasn't a great challenge and he was given a yellow card. Fair enough.

No complaints there.

But Nakamura claimed in Record Sport he could hardly stand up after the game because he had been kicked so much.

And yet I'm sure I saw him warm up at Tynecastle last Sunday. To me that means he isn't injured.

It's time someone stood up for Kilmarnock Football Club and put forward our case because Celtic have had a go at us a few times after matches at Rugby Park.

When we first played them this season all the talk after the match was about Frazer Wright slapping Nakamura, an incident so serious it wasn't reported by the referee, neither of the linesman, the fourth official or the SFA match delegate.

But guess what everyone was talking about for the next few days after Celtic made a big issue of it.

That's not how we go about our business at this club.

Two seasons ago, David Fernandez was on the receiving end of a really bad Gary Caldwell tackle.

Nobody at Killie condemned Gary because I honestly don't believe he tried to hurt our man and David even came out and said it had not been deliberate.

I'm afraid these things happen.

But David was out for 18 months with an appalling injury that almost finished his career.

Despite this we still didn't have a go at either Celtic or their player.

Nakamura was fit enough to be on the bench four days later. Notice any difference?

David was causing Celtic a lot of problems that day and Gary tried to get tight to him when he made his challenge.

This, I'm sure, is what Celtic will do tonight when Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov start passing the ball around them.

Indeed, I'm sure Scott Brown will be the first player to try to get his foot in.

We have a great bunch of honest professionals at Kilmarnock who are not as good as the boys at Celtic.

Last week they were trying to get tight on opponents who happened to be playing very well. Our boys were trying to combat Celtic. There is nothing wrong with that.

I laugh when I hear fans of Celtic - and Rangers - complain they get a raw deal from referees. In fact, everyone from outside those two clubs finds it incredible. A joke.

The Old Firm get everything.

Now we are not even allowed to put in a challenge without them complaining.

Are we just supposed to sit back and allow them to walk all over us?

We have two big games coming up - at home to Rangers on Sunday and then Celtic away the following Wednesday.

All I'm asking is a fair kick of the ball. It seems to me that every 50-50 decision goes the way of Celtic and Rangers. There is no doubt at all about that.

On the rare occasion one doesn't, or even when they just feel things are against them, they are in the papers moaning about their lot.

There is absolutely no need for that kind of behaviour.

It is difficult enough for a club such as ourselves to compete against these two giants without all of this nonsense going on.

Surprised the record allowed this to be published. Or are they pretending they dont suckle at the Old Firms teets?

good article but Browns still a numpty.

Generic Username

Excellent that something like that actually made it into the Daily Ranger seeing as it was having a go at them aswell.

Let's see what the GFA do about this Romanov-esq outburst...

cheers SB.

Good article but probably only allowed to be published due to it coming from a relative no-mark... some SPL managers should follow suit

i imagine, much like craig levein, brown will be praised in some quarters for his comments.

there is no doubt whatsoever that, had the comments come from vlad or even csaba, there would be no end of sneers and snipes about how they were 'ranting'.

that's the thing with the football media in this country.... their opinion of YOUR opinion depends very much on whether you are one of the 'in crowd'. two people could virtually have identical things to say, and they would be treated very differently as a result.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2008/11/05/well-paid-celtic-stars-don-t-want-us-to-tackle-them-says-kilmarnock-no-2-billy-brown-86908-20871002/

(I dunno how to paste links n that cos im PC illiterate! Maybe someone can do it better for me)

Anyway, Billy Broon here having a go at ra tic. Good on him. I know he was fuming at Strachan and only just stopped short of naming him as the instigator.

At the end of the day, we didnt get near Celtic, but what with all the paper talk before the match, we wouldnt have been allowed to if we had tried.

I like Billy, i know some don't, but I hope you all agree that this is what more SPL managers. coaches and players need to be saying...

(I dunno how to paste links n that cos im PC illiterate! Maybe someone can do it better for me)

Anyway, Billy Broon here having a go at ra tic. Good on him. I know he was fuming at Strachan and only just stopped short of naming him as the instigator.

At the end of the day, we didnt get near Celtic, but what with all the paper talk before the match, we wouldnt have been allowed to if we had tried.

I like Billy, i know some don't, but I hope you all agree that this is what more SPL managers. coaches and players need to be saying...

Oops. just noticed this thread. Thanks for merge

Excellent article... and every word is true... fuc the OF and their greeting faces.

Guest juvehearts

good articale,

simple comeback will be sit down & shut up.

thats exactally what will happen.

NOW if vlad or shabbs said anything like that, it would make the papers for the next 3 weeks

SFA fine for bringing the game into direpute winging it's way towards BB's bank account I'd guess knowing how the SFA operate

Archived