Has it really only been four years?

Diane

The rest of the world waited for the outcome of the election that gives us the most powerful man in the free world.

We, however, awaited the unveiling of John Robertson as our new manager.

It was the same day.

What does everyone else remember from November 2004?

The rest of the world waited for the outcome of the election that gives us the most powerful man in the free world.

It was the same day.

i hated november 2004. quite literally, the worst moments of my entire life started on the 22nd

i hated november 2004. quite literally, the worst moments of my entire life started on the 22nd

Ooh, sorry Bev, didn't mean to stir up bad stuff.

Just musing to myself about the memories of asking folk "Has it been announced yet?", and they were foolishly thinking I meant who was President of the USA.

Seymour M Hersh

It was the same day.

Not too much.

Was just thinking the same; how the Robbo appointment seems so long ago in some ways but recent in another.

Where were Hearts when presidents were elected?

In 2000, Bush scraped home around the time JJ left and Houston took over. Certain results at Easter Road and Parkhead made this such a dark time.

In 1992, I read that Clinton got elected in Liege, as Hearts got knocked out of the Uefa Cup v Royal Standard. It would generally be a miserable season under another JJ.

In 1988, as the other George Bush got elected, Hearts were struggling in the league, and we sacked our co-manager, Sandy Jardine. We were however on a great Euro run.

...and in 1980, as Regan won, Hearts were utter gash.

Even when Kennedy got elected in 1960, Hearts went from Champions to mid-table in just a few months.

So all in all, when presidents are elected.....don't expect much from Hearts!

Buffalo Bill

Archived