Arsene Wenger

cosanostra

Anyone else think he's starting to go a little bit mental?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04112008/58/premier-league-wenger-accuses-cowardly-stoke.html

I like his team and the way they play football but some of the pish he comes out with in interviews is just embarrassing. He's famous for never seeing any incidents that involve his players but he's always very vocal about other players. Van Persie's barge on the Stoke goalie was surely an example of being over physical.

Can't help but like the guy and everything he has done for football in the UK but the more I hear and see regarding Arsenal, the more I am starting to think he may not have long left in that job. The fans down there seem to be less content at being a team of artists and showmen and actually want to win things.

I think the pressure on Arsene might just be starting to show a little.

Anyone else think his days might be numbered?

Not a fan of him or Arsenal but he has a point this time.He has lost 2 players through injury from late tackles.Two tackles that the opposing player made no attempt to get the ball.This must be stamped out.So i agree with him this time.

Despite the horrific injury their player received last season in the Birmingham game,i thought at least the player went for the ball.So i would say the two tackles on Saturday were worse than that.

Wenger is an absolute ******. Like the way he gets his team playing but he's a horribley bitter man.

Absolutely correct. Superb coach but utter bawbag. He is the world's worst loser.

The Real Maroonblood

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04112008/58/premier-league-wenger-accuses-cowardly-stoke.html

I like his team and the way they play football but some of the pish he comes out with in interviews is just embarrassing. He's famous for never seeing any incidents that involve his players but he's always very vocal about other players. Van Persie's barge on the Stoke goalie was surely an example of being over physical.

Can't help but like the guy and everything he has done for football in the UK but the more I hear and see regarding Arsenal, the more I am starting to think he may not have long left in that job. The fans down there seem to be less content at being a team of artists and showmen and actually want to win things.

If he is he would certainly fit in well at Tynecastle with our mental owner.

Wenger is an absolute ******. Like the way he gets his team playing but he's a horribley bitter man.

Would agree with that.

He thinks becuase his team play some of the best football they deserve to win every game and not be subjected to strong challenges. Especially against the likes of Stoke or Bolton who play "worse football".

At times he is a complete ******.

Malinga the Swinga

Worst tackle was the one, I think on Adebayor, when he was actually off the pitch at the time the Stoke guy tackled him. No need as the ball was miles away, and yet nothing done. Followed up by late tackle on Walcott that saw delap again make no attempt to getthe ball, and has seen Walcott dislocate shoulder. All that is done is yellow card.

Getting in the opposition faces is all very well, but these tackles were shocking and could result in guys losing their careers.

Some of the tackles that his players have recieved over the years are really bad but he's a proper myopic. He never sees anything by his players.

his team play fantastic football on there day but are to light weight, they haven't been up for a fight or ready to get stuck in when the chips are down since the Birmingham game last season.

Wenger is the bitterest manager in the league, his players have been far from angels over the years but then he wouldn't have seen that!

He's a fud

Read the press after every time Arsenal get beat.

A pattern emerges. It used to be a clever way for Arsene to motivate his team. It has become obvious now though, and he has done himself no favours on 'picking' on Stoke City.

In an ideal world, Arsene Wenger would love ALL teams to stand off Arsenal, allow them to stroke the ball around and to walk it into the net with minimal to zero contact from the opposition.

Thank god for teams and players to say bollox to reputations and get stuck into these fan dancers.

I think Wenger has been driven mad by Fergie in his need to win the league with a team of kids.

They play pretty stuff but not very effective at winning games.

Captain Scarlett

When his beloved arsenal get beat he always produces some kind of excuse i just think he's a sore loser!! Good manager though!

Guest S.U.S.S.

How many managers 'see' their players bad tackles and condemn them? not many.

Nice to another chance for racist comments about the French.

Guest S.U.S.S.
When his beloved arsenal get beat he always produces some kind of excuse i just think he's a sore loser!! Good manager though!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Wenger just doesn't seem to accept that in England, teams have to win the physical battle as well as the footballing one. Fergie's United teams have been classic examples of this - they played some wonderful stuff, but when other teams wanted to mix it, they were able to match them, then their superior ability told in the end.

As for bad tackles - every team suffers. Arsenal tend to complain about it more than most.

How many managers 'see' their players bad tackles and condemn them? not many.

Nice to another chance for racist comments about the French.

I take it the bold bit wasn't aimed at me?

He reminds me of Martin O'Neill in that he is a terribly bad loser and never sees the bad tackles and offences committed by his own players. His own player got sent off for violent conduct in that game but he fails to mention that.

I like the guy and he has his team playing great football, I just think the pressure is starting to show. Arsenal fans will want to win the prem again sooner or later and if he's not going to be the man to do it, they;ll want someone who might.

Not sure if it's because of the big, brand new stadium or if it's because he has supreme belief in his players, but he seems reluctant to spend big in the transfer market. They definitely need a top quality centre half and central midfielder who can tackle. Maybe another striker who can finish as well.

Not a fan of him or Arsenal but he has a point this time.He has lost 2 players through injury from late tackles.Two tackles that the opposing player made no attempt to get the ball.This must be stamped out.So i agree with him this time.

Despite the horrific injury their player received last season in the Birmingham game,i thought at least the player went for the ball.So i would say the two tackles on Saturday were worse than that.

I felt that if Walcott hadn't gone down so theatrically then he wouldn't have bust his shoulder...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Wenger is rapidly becoming a bit of a joke.

Yes, it's admirable the way he gets his teams to play but you ask Arsenal fans what they prefer - fancy football or trophies and I guarentee it's the later.

I think he's finished and they need to bring in a winning manager to get back to the top because let's face it, they are miles off Chelsea and Man U.

Some of his policies are just really strange like 1 year contracts for over 30's.

Tackling in football is a skill regardless of what you think Arsehole Wenger.

never liked him, gets his teams playing great football but the guy comes a cross as a ***sack.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I dont think any other manager would cope with the demands at arsenal with the amount of money the manager gets to spend.

Wenger does a fantastic job of unearthing talent, bringing them in for cheap and turning them into super players.

Henry's right glove
Wenger is rapidly becoming a bit of a joke.

Yes, it's admirable the way he gets his teams to play but you ask Arsenal fans what they prefer - fancy football or trophies and I guarentee it's the later.

I think he's finished and they need to bring in a winning manager to get back to the top because let's face it, they are miles off Chelsea and Man U.

Some of his policies are just really strange like 1 year contracts for over 30's.

Tackling in football is a skill regardless of what you think Arsehole Wenger.

Maybe john collins should go and work with Wenger - he prefered to play free flowing football and lose than to win ugly!

Wenger is an ar*e. He hardly mentioned the tackles after the game and only after the weekend when he started to get flak from fans and the press did he come out with his comments. He's bitter and twisted and is fast losing any admiration people had for him.

I'd also say the Delap tackle on Walcott wasn't that bad. I actually thought he'd gone for the ball but Walcott is that fast that if you time it 1/2 a second wrong you'll miss the ball by a mile. It was a very gentle trip and he fell awkwardly - you can hardly say he tried to injure him!

tommythejambo
I dont think any other manager would cope with the demands at arsenal with the amount of money the manager gets to spend.

Wenger does a fantastic job of unearthing talent, bringing them in for cheap and turning them into super players.

He may be bitter from time to time but you can't disagree in the slightest with the bit in bold.

To be fair I'd be going mental if I was manager of a team of that quality who just ***** about with the ball infront of goal.

Archived