St.Mingin game : Uber-important

Victorian

twas just having a butcher's at the weekend fixtures and noticed that a lot of the teams above us have hard games.

hearts can climb 3/4 places if we win on saturday and things would look a whole lot better.

alternatively, if we lose then we could begin to be dragged into a 'basement battle'.

we need to start winning, pretty darn quick.

Guest S.U.S.S.
twas just having a butcher's at the weekend fixtures and noticed that a lot of the teams above us have hard games.

hearts can climb 3/4 places if we win on saturday and things would look a whole lot better.

alternatively, if we lose then we could begin to be dragged into a 'basement battle'.

Its all Fressleys fault.

Hate to say it, but it really depends if the "players" can be arsed or not.

You are fooling yourself if you think there is any degree of professionalism within our squad.

We should really be winning our next 4 games:

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkirk (H)

........will we though?

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkirk (H)

........will we though?

Given the limitations of our current set-up and the complete lack of team spirit that pervaded Sunday's performance, anything more than six points from these games will be a bonus. We've had two from the last fifteen points available.

Guest JamboRobbo

we've played 11 games and are now back at the start.

we've got a relatively easy start to the 11 game sequence, just as we had last time round.

Hence why we got off to a decent start to the season. Cause we were playing the ****e.

If we were somehow to contrive to NOT win these, then we'd be in trouble. Cause we'd be sitting down near the bottom with the harder bit of the fixture list (the bit we just scored hardly ANY points from) to come.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkirk (H)

........will we though?

How should we really be winning these?

2 years ago ... definitely.

Now? I'd take a draw at St Mirren and a win v Hamilton.

How should we really be winning these?

2 years ago ... definitely.

Now? I'd take a draw at St Mirren and a win v Hamilton.

1. A club the size of Hearts should be winning these games no matter what the current situation is.

2. The 4 of them are below us in the league - therefore aren't as good as us :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
1. A club the size of Hearts should be winning these games no matter what the current situation is.

Agreed. It sums up Romanovs stewardship, that despite that fact, there is a very good chance that we won't get anywhere near 12 points from those games.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

2. The 4 of them are below us in the league - therefore aren't as good as us :rolleyes:

We are mediocre now mate. The sooner people accept this the better.

You can't just say we should be winning no matter what. That's not how football works.

This is the worst bunch in decades ... we have no right to win ANY game as we have learned the harsh way over the past year.

donaldius fordovich

How we can be confident of winning anything is beyond me. We've not had a win by more than 1 goal since March 1st. Every win since has been achieved by the skin of our teeth and much biting of fingernails - all of those could easily have been draws or losses. We're lucky to be where we are in the league at this time IMHO

We seem to be getting a thread about how important it is to win, every week at the moment.

My fear is Gus McPherson is a better tactician than our commitee and will know exactly how to play us. I would imagine they will press hard and give us little time on the ball and we won't know what to do.

Aye, another "must win game" which translates as a draw at best.

Tactics? whats a tactic?

Tactics have been missing as long as suksis! but hey all the losers are "together"!

They are all "together" from neccessity as no other club would pay the level of wages for the perfomances that we do.

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkirk (H)

........will we though?

We should.

indeedy... if we get 12/12 from those it's going to be nothing short of miraculous.

i doubt they would manage 4 wins on the bounce in the 1st division to be perfectly honest, let alone the SPL.

unless things improve on the strikers front, we are unlikely to see many 3-0s and 4-0s, it's more likely to be all 1-0s and 2-1s.

as long as they stay in touch come january in order to give themselves a chance with some new signings.

don't know which is the less likely though.... being in touch or getting new signings.

Our problem is lack of scoring more than 1 ******ing goal. we always seem to go behind so that suggests we'll probably draw what we should win.

I hate to mention this - but I see that we've got Mike McCurry as the referee on Saturday - whats the betting on some sort of controversy - and it won't be to Hearts advantage. This guy has been shown up for the utter incompetent that he is this season.

Yep the next 4 are make or break for csaba. It is the 4 teams immediately below us in the league, 2 at home, 2 away.

If we dont pick up at least 4 or 5 points from these we could well find ourselves bottom with xmas approaching (sounds familiar).

If we go undefeated and pick up 10 or 12 points then we will be sitting pretty for a bash at european football.

I think we are capable if we show the kind of football we played against hibs and aberdeen of getting the 10 or 12 points. What we do need for this is Mole/Nade/Anyone to take their chances and for vlad to leave Zaliukas out after his suspension so we dont have to start every game a goal down!

yeah have just noticed the next 4 teams are all below us at the moment.

This little sequence will show us see what bottle this current lot have, that's if we don't already know.

Dare I say it could be a turning point - we need at least 8 points from this lot to keep up mid table but I really fear for us if we lose a couple before we start playing the big boys again:(

Been staring at this and trying to extract some sort of meaningful conclusions which might add to this debate but stats aren't really my thing...so for anyone who likes this stuff, here you go:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian

http://www.statto.com/football/odds/ratings/scotland/premier-league

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkirk (H)

........will we though?

definately should be taking max points from that we will if the players turn up the next few games could hav ebeen much harder we could be in a very good stait after that lot.

we've played 11 games and are now back at the start.

we've got a relatively easy start to the 11 game sequence, just as we had last time round.

Hence why we got off to a decent start to the season. Cause we were playing the ****e.

If we were somehow to contrive to NOT win these, then we'd be in trouble. Cause we'd be sitting down near the bottom with the harder bit of the fixture list (the bit we just scored hardly ANY points from) to come.

What he said.

I think St Midden have played reasonably we this season and is a likely defeat.

:sad:

Not so much this game but the next three as a whole. We should expect 7, would be content with 5 (unbeaten), would be satisfied but would grumble (having been beaten by one of this pish) with 6, optimism would be renewed with 9.

Anything less and we may be in trouble here.

Our results against these sides over the last two seasons:

ICT 16 points out of 24

St Mirren 12 points out of 24

Falkirk 9 points out of 24

Hamilton 3 points out of 3

I didnt think we had such a good record against ICT (Won 5 dran one of last 8) but to only win 5 out of 16 games against Falkirk and St Mirren is not good enough.

If we are to challenge for Europe this season now Dundee Utd and Motherwell are finding their form we have to take at least 8 out of next 12.

I hate to mention this - but I see that we've got Mike McCurry as the referee on Saturday - whats the betting on some sort of controversy - and it won't be to Hearts advantage. This guy has been shown up for the utter incompetent that he is this season.

Miko booked in the warm up and a St Midden penalty for chuff all, McCurry makes an aw full lot of mistakes but its funny how none ever seem to benefit us :mad:

the next 4 games are winnable, if Nade can get off the mark on Saturday i fancy him scoring a few over the next few weeks and us taking at least 10 points,

possible, yes :) realistic, maybe not :sad:

massive 4 games for Csaba's future

Our results against these sides over the last two seasons:

ICT 16 points out of 24

St Mirren 12 points out of 24

Falkirk 9 points out of 24

Hamilton 3 points out of 3

I didnt think we had such a good record against ICT (Won 5 dran one of last 8) but to only win 5 out of 16 games against Falkirk and St Mirren is not good enough.

If we are to challenge for Europe this season now Dundee Utd and Motherwell are finding their form we have to take at least 8 out of next 12.

Are you sure your figures are for the last two seasons? Surely we didn't play any of these teams four times the season before last?

Charlie-Brown

The teams in and around our pack have been averaging the following amount of points per game.

Killie, Motherwell, Dundee Utd - 1.45pts per game

Hibs - 1.36pts per game

Aberdeen, Hearts - 1.27pts per game

St Mirren - 1.08pts per game

Falkirk - 1pt per game

Inverness - 0.83pts per game

Hamilton - 0.75pts per game

On average between 1pt-1.5pts per game - ie less than half the points available and that is true for ever team from 3rd to 12th.

:)I agree the next four games are very important. 8 out of 12 points from that lot and i'd be delighted!

Archived