Last visit to Love Street (merged threads)

dkmmgcycbwc

If we can momentarily forget the sordid events that took place there in May 1986, this ground has a huge place in HMFC history.

It is the only ground at which Hearts celebrated the winning of League Championships in the 20th Century in 1958 and 1960.

On both occasions St Mirren put up great resistance (as any team should) to try to delay the celebrations.

This historic significance should mean a decent turn out of Hearts fans to mark our last ever appearance at the ground.

Anyone out there who was present on these occasions?

Guest gorgie kev
If we can momentarily forget the sordid events that took place there in May 1986, this ground has a huge place in HMFC history.

It is the only ground at which Hearts celebrated the winning of League Championships in the 20th Century in 1958 and 1960.

On both occasions St Mirren put up great resistance (as any team should) to try to delay the celebrations.

This historic significance should mean a decent turn out of Hearts fans to mark our last ever appearance at the ground.

I hope this **** go the way of gretna.

jamboinglasgow

yikes. one of the few SPL stadia I have not been to, looks like I will miss out as I am up in Inverness on Saturday :(

Wont we be back in the last round of games?

They'll be in their new stadium when we visit them again in the bottom 6.

love street is terrible... but it's got history and that's what makes it special for fans of fitba.

here's another ground with decades of association with the local community being ripped out. turns out Tesco aren't going to bother using the land after all!

I have fond memories of the pub that sits right at the home end, God i missed quite a few games what with us sitting in there all afternoon. Cant remember what it was called.

Fort Vallance
love street is terrible... but it's got history and that's what makes it special for fans of fitba.

here's another ground with decades of association with the local community being ripped out. turns out Tesco aren't going to bother using the land after all!

Yeah its got history ! 1986. Cheats. Won't be sorry to see the back of the hovel

I think we should trash the place on Saturday. Oh wait, looks as though someone already beat us to it.....

;)

Charlie-Brown

My Grandad was at Love Street when Scottish flyweight boxer Benny Lynch won the world championship in front of approx 10K attendance.

It is,indeed,our last visit to Love St or St Mirren Park to give it it's correct title.1986 and the end of that season will always be connected to the ground but as Heart of Midlothian supporters we should concentrate our thoughts on Love St being the ground that,probably,our best ever team secured our last League Title.The great 1957-58 team.

A victory would be nice to mark the occasion.3-2 anyone?

Hearts Heritage
It is,indeed,our last visit to Love St or St Mirren Park to give it it's correct title.1986 and the end of that season will always be connected to the ground but as Heart of Midlothian supporters we should concentrate our thoughts on Love St being the ground that,probably,our best ever team secured our last League Title.The great 1957-58 team.

A victory would be nice to mark the occasion.3-2 anyone?

1958041203.jpg

Apart from 1959-60 team who also won it there as well. ;)

1960041601.jpg

It is the only ground at which Hearts celebrated the winning of League Championships in the 20th Century in 1958 and 1960.On both occasions St Mirren put up great resistance (as any team should) to try to delay the celebrations.

Thanks for posting this. I had been completely unaware of this up till now. By far the most interesting Hearts fact posted on here in ages.

Charlie-Brown

What is our overall record at Love Street?

I've seen us get some hefty humpings at that ground 4-0, 5-2, 6-2 etc.

Charlie-Brown
Thanks for posting this. I had been completely unaware of this up till now. By far the most interesting Hearts fact posted on here in ages.

It is a very interesting fact Leginten - I did know we'd won the league through there but didn't make the connection that it had happened both times.

Our last visit to Love Street will also be my first.

What's it like getting parked around the stadium? Is there a Tesco (already) or something nearby where we can park?

Charlie-Brown

What's it like getting parked around the stadium? Is there a Tesco (already) or something nearby where we can park?

It's been a while since I was through there but there was streets not too far from the ground where they parked the buses and away cars etc.

When you come off the M8(J29)follow the road round by the football parks and you can park on Greenock Rd or Clark St(first right on Greenock Rd)both two minutes(less probably)to the away end.Easy to get out of town afterwards as well which is probably a plus.:rolleyes:

its a s***hole! but i hate these new no atmosphere stadiums like McDiarmid Park or The Almondvale, there just plastic, it's just not football :eek:

its a s***hole! but i hate these new no atmosphere stadiums like McDiarmid Park or The Almondvale, there just plastic, it's just not football :eek:

The lack of atmosphere at Almondvale is due to the crowd. McDiarmid is due to the stadium IMO. Saints fans used to create a bit of atmosphere but like most new all seater stadiums it's killed the little atmosphere that their home support could create.

I have to say that apart from big games, the atmosphere at Tynie is pretty flat too.

Gokuzo_The_Jambo

Slightly off-topic.

Does anyone know if Love Street takes students as concessions?

Sorry if this has been asked before :P

I have to say that apart from big games, the atmosphere at Tynie is pretty flat too.

yeah its been pretty dire over the last couple of seasons, no signs that it'll get any better either.

http://www.saintmirren.premiumtv.co.uk/page/StMirrenPark/0,,10295,00.html

Scroll down for recommended parking streets.

Ta mucho :)

It's been a while since I was through there but there was streets not too far from the ground where they parked the buses and away cars etc.

When you come off the M8(J29)follow the road round by the football parks and you can park on Greenock Rd or Clark St(first right on Greenock Rd)both two minutes(less probably)to the away end.Easy to get out of town afterwards as well which is probably a plus.:rolleyes:

Cheers, I got directions from the AA and it suggests getting off at J27 (although that was for directions right to Love Street) but had a quick look on google maps and J29 it is! Cheers

yeah its been pretty dire over the last couple of seasons, no signs that it'll get any better either.

I have to say that the Section G, Section N split doesn't help. On Sunday with 3000 OF **** between them they struggled to get any songs going. Mind you the performance didn't help much, but thats the problem really.

A large proportion of the home support only sing when we're winning or in big games. That means if the away team brings a vocal support, the split "singing" Hearts support struggles to compete.

You'd never have thought it was our last ever match at Love Street today would you? Its not as if theres multiple threads on the same ****ing subject.

Well guess what? Heres another one.

Thats all. :cool:

It's a dump. Don't like the fans, don't like the ground, don't like the team.

There...i feel better for that!:cheese:

They should have closed it down in 1986 because that's when St Mirren ceased being a football club.

Buffalo Bill

Archived