Rangers second goal, should have been offside.

Dr. Bapswent

Boyd, miles offside when the ball was played to Miller, but unless he interferes he is not judged offside.

But he is allowed to turn, run alongside Miller, from a huge starting advantage compared to the defenders (who's position dictates what is an what is not offside) to score a tap in.

If this ludicrous rule is to be enforced, surely the forward should not be allowed back into active play until he has returned to an 'on side' postion.

Total nonsense.

Drylaw Hearts
Boyd, miles offside when the ball was played to Miller, but unless he interferes he is not judged offside.

But he is allowed to turn, run alongside Miller, from a huge starting advantage compared to the defenders (who's position dictates what is an what is not offside) to score a tap in.

If this ludicrous rule is to be enforced, surely the forward should not be allowed back into active play until he has returned to an 'on side' postion.

Total nonsense.

I agree.

Boyd certainly gained an advantage as he had a several yard head start on the nearest defender despite being well offside from the initial pass.

I agree.

Boyd certainly gained an advantage as he had a several yard head start on the nearest defender despite being well offside from the initial pass.

Completely.

I know its this first phase second phase guff, but how on earth are the defenders meant to handle that?

He gets a 10 yard head start, because he was originally not able to be invovled in play.

What are the defenders meant to do?

Mark Miller, the only player who can be involved? Or Mark Boyd, who is officially not able to get invovled in play?

I know its the rules, but lets face it, they are totally wrong.

Archived