Rapnik & Berra - St Mirren

Midloth_Iain

He must be better than Zaliukas and now he should get his chance to prove it (assuming M.Z. has an automatic ban).

On the basis that Shabba will persevere with Karapidis as the holding midfielder, then surely its time to introduce Rapnik into the first team......

Thoughts ?

Thoughts are there is already a thread running on the CB pairing for the St Mirren game. (or similar themes)

Drylaw Hearts

Last Season proved that Karapidis and Berra was our best CH pairing so I'd go with that.

It has amazed me that Csaba was so reluctant to give them the chance to further cement that partnership during Pre-Season.

Last Season proved that Karapidis and Berra was our best CH pairing so I'd go with that.

It has amazed me that Csaba was so reluctant to give them the chance to further cement that partnership during Pre-Season.

And it was no surprise to see that when Karapidis dropped in beside Berra yesterday that the defence looked considerably more stable than it has all season.

I would like to see Berra and Karipidis in centre defence with Ruben or Eggert taking the holding midfielders role.

Can't believe anyone would want to drop Berra:eek:

Cause he is world class, never makes mistakes and commands the box? :P

Folk go on about VR and his first name on teamsheet (ie undroppable)..............let me give you it........Berra.

Folk go on about VR and his first name on teamsheet (ie undroppable)..............let me give you it........Berra.

Well Vlad is at least getting 1 name right:p

Drylaw Hearts

Berra is the best CH at the Club.

Why wouldn't he be a first pick ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Karapidis back into his rightful position please.

I doubt it though, they will find a way to shoe horn some dodgy character in and leave us playing with players in the wrong positions.

He has been the one constant (apart from a couple of games towards end of last season) of a p-poor defence over the last few seasons imo.

Tall/Karipidis/Zal have all been rightly dropped on many occassions, yet Berra who has made plenty of errors and played poorly at times in that time has never been dropped :eek:. As i have said, everyone elses fault apart from Berra.

Guest JamboRobbo

racism is the only reason I can see why some people would want Berra dropped ahead of Zaliukas. ;)

Berra is our best CH by a country mile.

He has been the one constant (apart from a couple of games towards end of last season) of a p-poor defence over the last few seasons imo.

Tall/Karipidis/Zal have all been rightly dropped on many occassions, yet Berra who has made plenty of errors and played poorly at times in that time has never been dropped :eek:. As i have said, everyone elses fault apart from Berra.

I agree. I think he has been crap ... he is missing Pressley to guide him through games.

I would take the captaincy off him today because his form is suffering.

However, I would be a bit worried about dropping 2 centre halfs for youngsters so you have to look at who is the bigger bombscare and without a doubt it is Number 26.

I remember we started Tall and Goncalves together in the Centre and they were horrific, they just weren't on the same wavelength and it had to be changed pretty quickly. That's what would happen if you put in Rapnik and Karapidis IMO.

So would I but Shabba wont, hence my (next best) option :)

Charlie-Brown

Larry Kingston is our best player by a country mile that doesn't mean he should never be dropped ..... Berra doesn't deserve to be dropped this weekend however he has been culpable for goals conceded and hasn't always played well over the last 2+ seasons but has rarely been dropped, Neilson hasn't been dropped either despite some horrific performances especially last season.

Guest JamboRobbo
Neilson hasn't been dropped either despite some horrific performances especially last season.

:rofl: He hasn't kicked a ball all season. Yet you are still finding reason to have a go at him? And you reckon some of us go on about Ivaskivicius and co a bit - at least they are in the team when people are complaining about them.

Drylaw Hearts

I can honestly say that any perm of 2 from the 3 you've mentioned scares me.

Berra is the best we've got and he should be in the starting line-up until a better player is signed.

Which will be sometime around the month of Never as long as VR is here.

I agree. I think he has been crap ... he is missing Pressley to guide him through games.

Shows you how over rated and poor Pressley actually was.;) Berra has obvioulsy learnt nowt (is there anything that Pressley could teach?) from his time playing and training beside him.

Webster for all his faults imo got Pressley through games and not the other way about.

All imo of course.:P

Charlie-Brown
:rofl:He hasn't kicked a ball all season. Yet you are still finding reason to have a go at him? And you reckon some of us go on about Ivaskivicius and co a bit - at least they are in the team when people are complaining about them.

That has been a tremendous bonus and allowed Eggert to emerge as our number one right back. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
That has been a tremendous bonus and allowed Eggert to emerge as our number one right back. :)

yet you are still going on about him, whilst defending muppets like Zaliklueless. Why?

Shows you how over rated and poor Pressley actually was.;) Berra has obvioulsy learnt nowt (is there anything that Pressley could teach?) from his time playing and training beside him.

Webster for all his faults imo got Pressley through games and not the other way about.

So who did Webster learn his trade from then? :rolleyes:

I'll give you a clue ... it wasn't anyone from Arbroath.

I can honestly say that any perm of 2 from the 3 you've mentioned scares me.

Berra is the best we've got and he should be in the starting line-up until a better player is signed.

Which will be sometime around the month of Never as long as VR is here.

Is he though? Have we seen Rapnik yet? Have we tried Zal/Karipidis?

To reiterrate (spell?), i think Berra/Zal and Karipidis are all very average and all as bad as each other, one though no matter how bad he/we play keeps his place.

Charlie-Brown
yet you are still going on about him, whilst defending muppets like Zaliklueless. Why?

Gambo was talking about players who haven't been dropped despite some poor performances.

I hope Neilson replaces Jonsson and Jonsson moves into his rightful position as a central midfielder.

This playing players out of positions is just ridiculous.

Just because you say he's a great right back all the time doesn't mean he actually is I'm afraid.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think Gambo's attempts to defend Zaliukas whilst having a go at Berra and Pressley, tells us all we need to know about his football knowledge.

He was a natural and a wee bit of help from Levein. ;)

He was a natural and a wee bit of help from Levein. ;)

I think you know deep down that you are slavering out of your erse. :)

Drylaw Hearts

That is without doubt the single most ridiculous thing I've seen you post.

Whenever Pressley wasn't in the team Webster was all over the place.

Pressley was a far better CH than Berra, Webster, Tall, Zaliukas, Goncalves, Karapidis or Kanchelskis.

That is without doubt the single most ridiculous thing I've seen you post.

Whenever Pressley wasn't in the team Webster was all over the place.

Pressley was a far better CH than Berra, Webster, Tall, Zaliukas, Goncalves, Karapidis or Kanchelskis.

Gambo and Charlie Brown are the last of a dying breed.

What they are posting now is just absolute drivel in the hope someone will listen.

Baahhh.

Drylaw Hearts
Is he though? Have we seen Rapnik yet? Have we tried Zal/Karipidis?

To reiterrate (spell?), i think Berra/Zal and Karipidis are all very average and all as bad as each other, one though no matter how bad he/we play keeps his place.

He keeps his place because he is the best of that bunch.

After your Pressley comments it's clear you wouldn't know a CH if he kicked you.

Drylaw Hearts
Gambo and Charlie Brown are the last of a dying breed.

What they are posting now is just absolute drivel in the hope someone will listen.

Baahhh.

A pair of Dodo's.

:)

Tall and Webster whilst not the greatest centre halves were IMO better than any others you list.

None of the above IMO would make a shortlist of Hearts greatest centre halves.

Drylaw Hearts
Tall and Webster whilst not the greatest centre halves were IMO better than any others you list.

None of the above IMO would make a shortlist of Hearts greatest centre halves.

Tall better than Pressley ?????????????????

You need help.

Can't be any doubt that the best defence possible at the moment is Neilson-Karipidis-Berra-Wallace (well possible as soon as Neilson is back anyway).

Jonsson would also improve the midfield if he moved back there, either in the centre or on the right. So 3 changes - Neilson back, Karipidis replacing Zaliukas and Jonsson replacing Karipidis - would make the team a lot stronger.

Ideally, Neilson will come back into the team. Kari and Berra will get a chance together, Jonsson will sit in midfield alongside Aguiar and Nade will get a partner from the U19s.

Guest JamboRobbo
Ideally, Neilson will come back into the team. Kari and Berra will get a chance together, Jonsson will sit in midfield alongside Aguiar and Nade will get a partner from the U19s.

Almost fell off my chair in shock, but I'm in complete agreement.

Ideally, Neilson will come back into the team.

Now there's eight words you don't read every day! :)

:Agree:

It is an obvious change for the better.

Snake Plissken

So if Kari and Berra start in defence (which I'd be perfectly happy with) we're probably looking at

Balogh

Jonsson

Berra

Karipidis

Wallace

Miko/Kingston

Aguiar

Palazuelos

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Not too bad a line-up but doesn't have many goals in it.

So if Kari and Berra start in defence (which I'd be perfectly happy with) we're probably looking at

Balogh

Jonsson

Berra

Karipidis

Wallace

Miko/Kingston

Aguiar

Palazuelos

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Not too bad a line-up but doesn't have many goals in it.

Don't think many people would argue that's our strongest team (not sure if Obua/Tullberg and the U19s would improve it - only time will tell).

The big question is whether we'll ever see it!

Guest JamboRobbo
Get a better chair then.

nothing to do with the chair. It was shock that you were talking sense for once, rather than defending the indefensible.

Don't think many people would argue that's our strongest team (not sure if Obua/Tullberg and the U19s would improve it - only time will tell).

The big question is whether we'll ever see it!

No doubt that our strongest team has the following defence

Neilson-Karipidis-Berra-Wallace

They proved that last season.

I hope Neilson replaces Jonsson and Jonsson moves into his rightful position as a central midfielder.

This playing players out of positions is just ridiculous.

Just because you say he's a great right back all the time doesn't mean he actually is I'm afraid.

I'd put money on Karapidis replacing Zaliclueless at CH and that Polish guy Vlad signed from Kaunas (Adrian something) coming into midfield for Kara.

Any opportunity the shoehorn one of his guys in and all that.

Archived