Caldwell off the pitch when he Scored!!

jambos are go!

jambos are go!

Well beaten IMO but picture in the Scotsman clearly shows Caldwell was standing off the pitch when he hooked the ball in(and after handling it as well).

Well beaten IMO but picture in the Scotsman clearly shows Caldwell was standing off the pitch when he hooked the ball in(and after handling it as well).

Seen that as well this morning.Strange,as the linesman at that area usually has a great view of things.:rolleyes:

Robson looked like he handled the ball in the box near the start of the game from the Aguair freekick.

Caldwell was both off the pitch and clearly handled it - goal shouldn't stand.

MacDonald was OUTSIDE the box when there was contact - so it shouldn't have been a penalty (doesn't really matter, Hartley missed it). And he made a meal from the minimal contact and went down too easy.

:(

maroonlegions

was at the game yesterday but i have just watched the highlights and how did that 2nd goal stand.:mad:

He stops the ball going OUT with his arm when he is holding the post:eek: with his hand and he has one foot OUTSIDE :eek:the park when he kicks the ball into the net, feclking linesman , totally useless and should be officiating a pub match, is this the standard of officials we have. :mad:

was at the game yesterday but i have just watched the highlights and how did that 2nd goal stand.:mad:

He stops the ball going OUT with his arm when he is holding the post:eek: with his hand and he has one foot OUTSIDE :eek:the park when he kicks the ball into the net, feclking linesman , totally useless and should be officiating a pub match, is this the standard of officials we have. :mad:

And to think the linesman on that side is a jambo:eek:

maroonlegions
And to think the linesman on that side is a jambo:eek:

:eek::eek::eek:, mental eh, then again it really does beg the question why linesmen of supporters of various clubs should be allowed to officiate in their teams matches , he should be suspended for not giving his team the correct decision ;);););):rolleyes:.

:eek::eek::eek:, mental eh, then again it really does beg the question why linesmen of supporters of various clubs should be allowed to officiate in their teams matches , he should be suspended for not giving his team the correct decision ;);););):rolleyes:.

Agreed ;)

Sadly, I think Celtic simply chose to contain the game after they got 2-0 in front.

I therefore think they would've push for (and probably got) another goal had the Caldwell goal been chalked off.

Depressing.

Buffalo Bill

are you not allowed to be off the pitch when you kick the ball? i thought it only mattered where the ball was. blatant hand ball though.

didn't think it was a penalty (even a foul) either, the wee nyaff just felt a hand touch him and rolled over

maroonlegions
are you not allowed to be off the pitch when you kick the ball? i thought it only mattered where the ball was. blatant hand ball though.

didn't think it was a penalty (even a foul) either, the wee nyaff just felt a hand touch him and rolled over

SPOT ON WITH ALL OF THAT MY FRIEND.:)

Romanov Stole My Pension
are you not allowed to be off the pitch when you kick the ball? i thought it only mattered where the ball was.

That's what i thought too.

Cairneyhill Jambo
That's what i thought too.

I'm sure its a bookable offence if a player leaves the pitch without the referees permission.

I thought it had gone out when I was at the match - however looking at the highlights I can't believe the hand ball hasn't been mentioned at all in the media.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Sadly, I think Celtic simply chose to contain the game after they got 2-0 in front.

I therefore think they would've push for (and probably got) another goal had the Caldwell goal been chalked off.

Depressing.

Buffalo Bill

Exactly.

There is not even a point moaning about it. They could have scored another 3 or 4 if they had to.

The ref probably did us a favour! :eek:

I thought it had gone out when I was at the match - however looking at the highlights I can't believe the hand ball hasn't been mentioned at all in the media.

Was mentioned in the Metro match report.

I'm sure its a bookable offence if a player leaves the pitch without the referees permission.

So if you slide of the pitch whilst making a challenge do you get booked for it ffs get a grip.

Other than in the ordinary course of play. (Otherwise corners and throw-ins would be a major problem!)

Cairneyhill Jambo
So if you slide of the pitch whilst making a challenge do you get booked for it ffs get a grip.

From the SFA website

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

is guilty of unsporting behaviour

shows dissent by word or action

persistently infringes the Laws of the Game

delays the restart of play

fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick or free kick

enters or re-enters the field of play without the permission of the referee

deliberately leaves the field of play without the permission of the referee

maroonlegions

deliberately leaves the field of play without the permission of the referee;)

and does so in the act of kicking the ball deliberately into the net resulting in an unfair advantage ( goal):rolleyes:

From the SFA website

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick or free kick

"straws", "at", and "clutching" come into the same sentance mate.

his foot was maybe half a yard off the pitch but its not like he'd gone down greggs for a steak bake is it? i don't think the rules of the game should be taken quite so literally

I'm afraid this is straw-clutching par excellence .

Remember at the Tattiedrome when someone (Driver maybe?) skipped down the line before crossing for Velicka to ram in another in the League Cup? He was off the pitch for that one (though the ball certainly wasn't).

Mind you it IS something of a surprise that he wasn't booked for it and the goal disallowed.

From the SFA website

I am not doubting the ruling but i don't think what caldwell did by being off the pitch broke any rules.The handball though is a different kettle of fish.

Just to confuse matters, remember the decision in the Netherlands v Italy game at the EC in the summer where the Italian defender although off the park behind the bye line was still deemed to have played the Dutch player onside?

Crazy!

wheatfield to sheffield
crossing for Velicka to ram in another

a striker scoring?

those days are passed now, and in the past they must remain

jambos are go!

A referee mate informs me that unless he left the field specifically to gain an advantage its no infingement. Certainly not an infringement if normal momentum carried him off the field and refs permission is not then required to return. Might have been offside before the rule was chaged to make level on side.

Sorry for the bum steer- still a handball though

I'm afraid that if your momentum takes you off the pitch you do not get booked. If one of your feet "drifts" off the pitch, it is not a booking. Accept that we were rubbish.

Archived