Templeton, Husband.

chester copperpot

If these 2 dont get a run out against St Laydown, then there's something seriously wrong.

You knew before you even posted that, that there is NO CHANCE of either of them playing against St Mirren. We just dont feckin do that !!!

There is something seriously wrong that we dont though. I agree.

chester copperpot
You knew before you even posted that, that there is NO CHANCE of either of them playing against St Mirren. We just dont feckin do that !!!

There is something seriously wrong that we dont though. I agree.

I know mate, but doesn't stop me going on about it. Temps has been ready for a long time, as has Husband, prepared to be served up the same rubbish.

Question is, is Csaba just useless as a manager or is Romanov in full control? Either way we're screwed.

I'd suspect he'll get punted come the new year and we'll then start the next 6mth search for a new guy, same old same old.

SoldierPalmer

was at the reserve game last Tuesday - was most impressed with Templeton - he looked the biz - scored a cracking goal ? IMO best player on the park - he would slot in nicely in a 4-4-1-1 behind the main striker - and he looks "strong enough" to play in the SPL - he was criticised in the past for being too slight build - we''ll not any more he's not

Husband also looked good enough - Gary Glen had a fairly quite game - hopefully he was just having an off day and isn't pi$$ed off.

with some of the first team performers and out lack of ability to score goals - it defies belief that some of the younger guys aren't getting a chance - just doesn't make sense :mad:

Lets be realistic, these guys wont get a chance, if they do it will be when they are 21-22 and far too late.

I hope they get away from here, as they could be potential internationals and are being wasted.

No no, we should persevere with Jamie Mole and Marius Zaliuakas rather than bringing in youngsters.

We'll be in trouble if we persevere with Zali - he's suspended, isn't he?

Guest JamboRobbo
We'll be in trouble if we persevere with Zali - he's suspended, isn't he?

Aye, but only for a week or two unfortunately. Then it'll be back to normal service.

I know Celtic taking the foot off the gas was a big factor yesterday, but we genuinely did play better with 10 men then we did with bombscare on the park.

Won't happen to be contract related that the youth don't play? ie they'll get moved on to a higher pay grade if they break through and consistently play in the full team? So for Romanov to save on cash it's a no go area for them to be used and we're stuck with what we have.

I would be delighted to see any new blood come through in place of the garbage we have just now.

Recognising that I am talking in certain instances about players that I have seen little of, and I may be talking about playerst that are injured/away with the under 19's, I would like to see this team

-----------------Balogh----------------

--Jonsson-----Berra---Rapnik--Wallace--

Templeton--Husband--Palazuelos--Driver

---------------Nade--Glen-------------

IIRC, Husband is a passing midfielder that likes to get forward? If that is the case then he would get the nod in there. I did consider Templeton or Ryan Wallace for right midfield. I have only seen both players a couple of times, but I feel we could do with trying something new, none of the right hand sided players we have tried this season have worked. I gather that Cesnauskis started okay yesterday but was injured, so I would pick one of these two.

Nade needs a striker up with him. I did swither over whether to pick Templeton or Glen up top, but went with Glen due to the fact he is the only striker in our senior squad that has not been given a chance this season.

Aye, but only for a week or two unfortunately. Then it'll be back to normal service.

I know Celtic taking the foot off the gas was a big factor yesterday, but we genuinely did play better with 10 men then we did with bombscare on the park.

While I agree Zali has been less than convincing of late, the real problem is the lack of an alternative. Kari is a bit weak for a central defender and the other alternatives lack in experience. That said we are now forced into a change and unless we move Kari, that seems to point to either Ryan McGowan or Rapnik being promoted. I'd take a chance on the Aussie rather than have two left footed players in central defence.

No no, we should persevere with Jamie Mole and Marius Zaliuakas rather than bringing in youngsters.

Although I do agree with what you're saying, purely to be pedantic I'm going to point out that Mole and Zaliukas are actually both quite young.

Edit : Don't know much about Husband, but heard from Raith fans that Templeton was terrible there.

Guest JamboRobbo
While I agree Zali has been less than convincing of late, the real problem is the lack of an alternative. Kari is a bit weak for a central defender and the other alternatives lack in experience. That said we are now forced into a change and unless we move Kari, that seems to point to either Ryan McGowan or Rapnik being promoted. I'd take a chance on the Aussie rather than have two left footed players in central defence.

Agree lack of options is the issue. But without wanting to go over old ground, thats only cause we got rid of the good CH's we did have......

For me, I'd stick Karapidas in at CH and put Ruben in to CM to replace him. Gives us one less passanger in the team, and a bit more creativity in midfield (probably at the expense of some solidity, but it's worth a try to see how it works out I think).

Guest JamboRobbo
Although I do agree with what you're saying, purely to be pedantic I'm going to point out that Mole and Zaliukas are actually both quite young.

Edit : Don't know much about Husband, but heard from Raith fans that Templeton was terrible there.

Mole is young, yes, I agree.

Zaliukas is pushing it to claim he's a youngster - at 23(?) he's at an age where he shouldn't be making the sort of mistakes he's making on a weekly basis.

Agree lack of options is the issue. But without wanting to go over old ground, thats only cause we got rid of the good CH's we did have......

For me, I'd stick Karapidas in at CH and put Ruben in to CM to replace him. Gives us one less passanger in the team, and a bit more creativity in midfield (probably at the expense of some solidity, but it's worth a try to see how it works out I think).

Palazuelos isn't particularly creative.

Guest JamboRobbo
Palazuelos isn't particularly creative.

agree. he is a bit methodical on the ball. But compared with Karapidas, he is more capable of picking a pass with some cutting edge IMO.

Do you mean that speed ace Pressley or the wannabee Hun Webster?

We have to move on.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you mean that speed ace Pressley or the wannabee Hun Webster?

We have to move on.

Agree. Just re-iterating the point that (at least in Pressleys case) we chased a good CH out the door, in order to make room for the likes of Zaliukas.

I think we should learn from that blunder and treat the good players we have with the respect they deserve.

Agree. Just re-iterating the point that (at least in Pressleys case) we chased a good CH out the door, in order to make room for the likes of Zaliukas.

I think we should learn from that blunder and treat the good players we have with the respect they deserve.

Sorry JR it is unlike you and I to disagree but Pressley was slowing at an alarming rate which was noticeable since as long as 5/6 years ago when he was sent off for a last man foul, or wrestle, against Rangers in a 4-1 defeat. In the interim he managed to cover up that weakness with his histrionic dives. We really have to let go of the past and try to concentrate what needs to be done now.

BTW he chased himself out of the door when he hi-jacked a CLUB press conference but that is water under the bridge now.

Lastly we should treat all our players with respect since it is a matter of opinion whether they are good or bad.

If these 2 dont get a run out against St Laydown, then there's something seriously wrong.

Templeton went on loan to Raith last season and did not star. Using the Calumn Elliot comparison, why would Templeton be good enough for the first team. Raith were playing another league below Livingston. Surely you have to trust the manager to decide who should be playing.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry JR it is unlike you and I to disagree but Pressley was slowing at an alarming rate which was noticeable since as long as 5/6 years ago when he was sent off for a last man foul, or wrestle, against Rangers in a 4-1 defeat. In the interim he managed to cover up that weakness with his histrionic dives. We really have to let go of the past and try to concentrate what needs to be done now.

BTW he chased himself out of the door when he hi-jacked a CLUB press conference but that is water under the bridge now.

I had already been told, by Mr Romanov, that "Zaliukas is already better than Pressley in many aspects" before that happened. Tells me all I need to know on that one.

Lastly we should treat all our players with respect since it is a matter of opinion whether they are good or bad.

Agree all players should be treated with the respect. Out of respect, I think we should pay the money for Zal's flight home rather than make him pay it himself. :P

Templeton went on loan to Raith last season and did not star. Using the Calumn Elliot comparison, why would Templeton be good enough for the first team. Raith were playing another league below Livingston. Surely you have to trust the manager to decide who should be playing.

i was at the reserve derby midweek and Templeton was by far our best player,surely he can`t do any worse than mole or makela ,imo he`s worth a place on the bench.

I find it funny when the age factor is talked about. We send boys of eighteen out to be killed or kill others in foreign countries, but we won't put an eighteen year old out to play a game that all us real Scottish boys started playing shortly after we could walk. These eighteen year olds are at Hearts and other clubs because at all their progressive levels they were further ahead in skills and ability than the average boy they were playing with. If they are big enough and good enough get them in the team, if they prove to be lacking get them dumped.

i was at the reserve derby midweek and Templeton was by far our best player,surely he can`t do any worse than mole or makela ,imo he`s worth a place on the bench.

Templeton is a very talented player and was highly regarded at Stenhousemuir. His stature was always going to be the problem and obviously the manager doesn't think he is good enough.

If a player does well consistently in the reserves he should get a chance. It's how other clubs seem to work.

I had already been told, by Mr Romanov, that "Zaliukas is already better than Pressley in many aspects" before that happened.

1. Better at doing as he's told;

2. Better at saving the club money, being on a lower wage;

3. Better at speaking Lithuanian

4..Help me out, somebody.......

I do agree the Pressley was slowing down a bit but he was still the major influence holding the dressing room together and an articulate (in a slow Highland kind of way) spokesman for the club.

He would have made a great defensive coach, continuing the work he had done teaching Webster and Berra while still at Hearts.

Anyway, that was then and this is now, and this thread is about our young strikers.

I've an idea - let's play Stewart, Aguiar and Kingston in midfield, use Wallace and Johnsson as wing backs, with Berra and Karapidis / Rapnik / McGowan as central defenders. Then we can play Nade, Templeton and Husband / Glen up front in a 4-3-3 against one of the supposedly weaker teams in the SPL . :omg_2:

What have we got to lose but 3 points?

Guest JamboRobbo
1. Better at doing as he's told;

2. Better at saving the club money, being on a lower wage;

3. Better at speaking Lithuanian

4..Help me out, somebody.......

I do agree the Pressley was slowing down a bit but he was still the major influence holding the dressing room together and an articulate (in a slow Highland kind of way) spokesman for the club.

He would have made a great defensive coach, continuing the work he had done teaching Webster and Berra while still at Hearts.

Anyway, that was then and this is now, and this thread is about our young strikers.

I've an idea - let's play Stewart, Aguiar and Kingston in midfield, use Wallace and Johnsson as wing backs, with Berra and Karapidis / Rapnik / McGowan as central defenders. Then we can play Nade, Templeton and Husband / Glen up front in a 4-3-3 against one of the supposedly weaker teams in the SPL . :omg_2:

What have we got to lose but 3 points?

Sums it up. We know that the current tactics don't work - we can tell by the results over the past 2 years whilst using those tactics.

So, as you rightly say, what have we got to lose but 3 points.

I sincerely hope that Romanov's business acumen tells him his tactic of bringing in players with the sole purpose of turning a short term profit has failed miserably and come January he clears the ranks of these failed ventures.

If so, he might well encourage the introduction of alot more youth players to the first team thinking maybe they will make him money.

Please :cool:

think temps should be on the bench this weekend instead of ksanavicius, played well for the reserves especially against the hobos. also with zal out put mcgowan on the bench with rapnik or thomson and rapnik?

Jam Tarts 1874

Csaba has stated quite clearly that he is concerned about the lack of experience in the team, so for the meantime it seems unlikely that he would turn to the promising young players that WE DO HAVE.

Templeton has really come alive during the last two reserve matches, Ryan Wallace also suddenly looks like a very exciting player, Husband and Mackle have consistantly been good and have along with Wallace been around the 1st team previously. You have to remember that Csaba has only been here since the summer and has alot of work to do, although he has been saying he is concerned about inexperience, in time he will see more of these good young players and may see fit to bring them in. Just because he has not done so so far does not make him a bad manager.

Jam Tarts 1874
I sincerely hope that Romanov's business acumen tells him his tactic of bringing in players with the sole purpose of turning a short term profit has failed miserably and come January he clears the ranks of these failed ventures.

If so, he might well encourage the introduction of alot more youth players to the first team thinking maybe they will make him money.

Please :cool:

Yes, we got no profit from Skacel and Bednar and nothing to come from Goncalves. :rolleyes:

Michael Stewart, despite how bad that performance was, is still a better player to have in the team right now than Stephen Husband. The same I think should be said of Bruno Aguiar with relation to Templeton. True Temps could probably play on the right but I've never seen him play as well as he did in the 'Aguiar role' against Hibs the other week.

So for now I'd leave both out the starting XI. However, they should definitely be in the squad that travels and Templeton should definitely be on the bench.

Jam Tarts 1874
Michael Stewart, despite how bad that performance was, is still a better player to have in the team right now than Stephen Husband. The same I think should be said of Bruno Aguiar with relation to Templeton. True Temps could probably play on the right but I've never seen him play as well as he did in the 'Aguiar role' against Hibs the other week.

So for now I'd leave both out the starting XI. However, they should definitely be in the squad that travels and Templeton should definitely be on the bench.

To be fair to Templeton, he played very well "in the hole" against a very experienced Killie side two weeks ago and scored a cracking goal in that game. I suppose one might have to look at a different formation to accommodate Templeton and Bruno.

I disagree with your comment on Stewart, he is a negative influence on the team, I'd bin him.

If a player does well consistently in the reserves he should get a chance. It's how other clubs seem to work.

Obviously, but Mole also did well in the reserves. I just think that a lot of the people screaming for us to "give the youngsters a chance" would be the same ones blaming them for all of our problems within about a month. I feel sorry for our young players at time, I really do.

Archived