Does Nade have lead feet?

i8hibsh

He is a big beast of a man and could win most balls in the air with a little spring in his steps.

However - at EVERY opportunity he, instead of jumping, just kind of stays on the ground and backs into the defender

Worst player EVER 'in' the air

If only he was as good as Berra in the air - he is quality in that dept

Miko could even show Nade how it's done

Libertonian_II
He is a big beast of a man and could win most balls in the air with a little spring in his steps.

However - at EVERY opportunity he, instead of jumping, just kind of stays on the ground and backs into the defender

What game were you watching today?

I don't understand that comment i8. One of the things I noticed today (and one of the few positives) was that he's pretty good at winning the ball in the air and controlling it down to feet. Which is just as well given the role that he's being asked to take on as lone striker....

I thought Nade did well today. If he has any issues, I don't think it's his feet. :)

SoldierPalmer

he can't jump cause he's too heavy - he need to loose about three stone - but he still wins more balls in the air than Mole, Makela and wee Audrey combined - imo the biggest problem with Nade is he plays out on the wings, mid-field and is back in defence sometimes - when you play 4-5-1 - you need your 1 to be up front and in the middle - Nade's hardly ever there - how many times have you seem him out on the wing crossing the ball into the box deviod of Hearts players - our manager needs to sort this out - it's feckin elementary :( - no wonder he doesn't score any goals

does or do any Heart of Midlothian playrers have feet, if so why weren't they planted firmly on scott browns knee in the first minute? bunch of bottlesss scrap

he can't jump cause he's too heavy - he need to loose about three stone - but he still wins more balls in the air than Mole, Makela and wee Audrey combined - imo the biggest problem with Nade is he plays out on the wings, mid-field and is back in defence sometimes - when you play 4-5-1 - you need your 1 to be up front and in the middle - Nade's hardly ever there - how many times have you seem him out on the wing crossing the ball into the box deviod of Hearts players - our manager needs to sort this out - it's feckin elementary :( - no wonder he doesn't score any goals

Absolute pish. This really grinds my gears now (people behind me shouting about how slow/fat/lazy nade was yesterday aswell:mad:) previously he had let himself go a bit but he has certainly made improvements. Recently he has been working hard and is definately not fat. why is everyone still of this mindset!? He is just a big guy, there'd be nothing of him if he lost '3 stone'.

Nade has been playin well in the last 3 games.

If people can't see that then please learn a little about football.

The system of 4-1-4-1 does not suit him, he prefers to come back and get the ball the lay it off for a-n-other! Problem is a-n-other is never there!

Don't blame Nade for our lack of goals, Hearts played better yesterday when bomb scare zal got sent off. 4-4-1 worked well as the midfield had a little more space and we created a bit more. It's not fecking rock science.

Nade was clearly our best player yesterday, all that was wrong was he lacked support. We need 2 up front. Plus our midfield didnt work hard enough yesterday.

SoldierPalmer

Absolute pish. This really grinds my gears now (people behind me shouting about how slow/fat/lazy nade was yesterday aswell:mad:) previously he had let himself go a bit but he has certainly made improvements. Recently he has been working hard and is definately not fat. why is everyone still of this mindset!? He is just a big guy, there'd be nothing of him if he lost '3 stone'.

so you think Nade can jump and he doesn't need to loose weight - you need glasses young sir :hae36:

yes he has made improvements - but if he was three stone lighter and fit he'd be a real player

:rofl:

Was one of our better players yesterday. Could see on TV he was gutted to be taken off. Dont understand the sub decision, played better than Mole upfront.

Berra best player by a mile..

Guest JamboRobbo

The system of 4-1-4-1 does not suit him, he prefers to come back and get the ball the lay it off for a-n-other! Problem is a-n-other is never there!

Don't blame Nade for our lack of goals, Hearts played better yesterday when bomb scare zal got sent off. 4-4-1 worked well as the midfield had a little more space and we created a bit more. It's not fecking rock science.

Agree entirely. Nade has been getting better by the week, and just needs a partner to play off him.

should've gone to specsavers I8 ...

By the way, is there any lead in your pencil?

Nade won a good few headers today, against centre halfs at least a couple of inches taller than him, there's just nobody to nod it on to as he's up there on his tod.

Don't blame Nade, who for me was our best player in a very poor side.

Nade for me was our best player yesterday and was the only hearts player yesterday who could make the ball stick when it was played to him.

I was scratching my head at the substitution with mole!!!!.

I had a discusssion with a guy at half time who was slating Nade,he said he knew a guy that went to sheffield uni and when we signed Nade he was told we would never get 90 mins out of him.

I reminded him that Nade played the full game at ER so i felt that theory was a lot of p*** and also that imho Nade could be a very good player with a finisher playing off him.

Nade done himself no favours last season whatsoever but to be fair to the guy since Csaba has been encouraging him he has worked hard and shown what he is capable of.

Guest JamboRobbo

so to sum up, you reckon if our CF played more like our CH, we'd be alright?! :P

Nade has looked better by the week IMO. He is the least of our worries.

Big Nade done well yesterday and by all accounts (well, the ones i trust) has done well all season when on the pitch

He doesnt have a wait issue just now and you can tell he's fit cos when he came off he wasnt blowin out his erse despite the hard work he had put it.

Biggest problem is he looks at his most dangerous when running at players in/from a wide position, but we have noone to back him up or fill his position in the box.

I dont mind the 451/433/4141, whatever it is, but maybe 442 is now the way to go. Who plays with him for now though? Time to give wee Driver a run up there??

Big Nade done well yesterday and by all accounts (well, the ones i trust) has done well all season when on the pitch

He doesnt have a wait issue just now and you can tell he's fit cos when he came off he wasnt blowin out his erse despite the hard work he had put it.

Biggest problem is he looks at his most dangerous when running at players in/from a wide position, but we have noone to back him up or fill his position in the box.

I dont mind the 451/433/4141, whatever it is, but maybe 442 is now the way to go. Who plays with him for now though? Time to give wee Driver a run up there??

I would put Glen up beside him and see how it goes.

I would put Glen up beside him and see how it goes.

yeh, could work. to an extent, we just need someone up with him for support and to take defenderss away and it doesnt matter who it is which sounds weird but it's where we are just now!

Man, I hope big Tullberg's good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree.

I think it is a measure of the success if the current Management, that they have dumbed down our expectations to the point that 8/9 out of 10 posters on here are happy or reasonably happy with an overweight slow stiker who cannot jump or score goals.

Quite amazing really.

:o

I aint a big fan of nade but Iv noticed there has been a big improvment in his game and weight. I dont think he's suited to a lone stricker role tho, he's not got the speed for it.. If he sticks inn and keeps shedding the pounds then maby he'l start proving all his doubters wrong.

I dont really know where the chat about Nade being slow comes from. The guy's not exactly jinky but he can ****in run some

He's built like an olympic sprinter which isnt the build we're used to in a footballer but its condusive to speed. I'd like to know his body fat percentage. I think a few folk would be surprised how low it is. He's a decent player who needed more support yesterday

and for what its worth, the management havent dummed our expectations. If youd been watching Hearts (or known about us) for more than a couple of years you'd remember some very very poor centre forwards, some of whom were quite popular with large sections of the support(Fozzy, Bairdy....)

dont know about lead feet,but he was in the strippers after the hibs game and one of the dancers did not want to take him for a dance as she said he stinks.

yes he has made improvements - but if he was three stone lighter and fit he'd be a real player

what weight do you reckon nade is?

He is a big guy, mostly muscle. Doesn't look fat to me and he has been putting in a shift. He's never going to be a ******n beanpole.

Nade was sweating profusely after his run in the first half culminating with a few stepovers. Reminded me of a runaway train. That was the sum of the entertainment for me yesterday.

Archived