Karapidis

gowestjambo

Surely no one can ever support the idea that Karapidis is anything other than a Centre Back playing out of position.

For weeks I see supporters telling us he is a great success playing in midfield, the only time he looked like a player was when he was deployed where he should be - the Centre of Defence!

We had an extra player in midfield but we were completley over run and dominated in the midfield area, apart from some thinking the jury is out on Csaba surely this expiriment must end now!

Guest jambomickey
Surely no one can ever support the idea that Karapidis is anything other than a Centre Back playing out of position.

For weeks I see supporters telling us he is a great success playing in midfield, the only time he looked like a player was when he was deployed where he should be - the Centre of Defence!

We had an extra player in midfield but we were completley over run and dominated in the midfield area, apart from some thinking the jury is out on Csaba surely this expiriment must end now!

thankfully we should finally see karapidis in his natural position next week

I have never been convinced by him in that position.

Someone like Ruben should have started there from the beggining of the season. You need more than just mopping up in front of the defence.

We need more craft not graft in that area.

winston churchill
thankfully we should finally see karapidis in his natural position next week

then moved the week after for bomb scare zalusless.

Outstanding at Easter Rd, Average today.

Let's get Karapidis back at centre half and Jonsson back in midfield. That'll solve all our goalscoring problems. Playing both in their 'natural' positions would also have avoided both goals today of course.

Our head coach has been attempting to justify it all season.

Well that is as worrying as his after match comments, I know we are bereft of quality players but we are making it even harder than it should be!

8th in the table (and I am guessing without checking) the lowest scorers in the league!

Karapidis was our best player today by a mile.Out of position yes..out of the team ? I'd pack several others bags before his today.

Let's get Karapidis back at centre half and Jonsson back in midfield. That'll solve all our goalscoring problems. Playing both in their 'natural' positions would also have avoided both goals today of course.

No it wont solve our goalscoring problems, but it might improve our defensive problems!

Quite honestly I dont know which is worse!

Karapidis was our best player today by a mile.Out of position yes..out of the team ? I'd pack several others bags before his today.

Ok one of us needs their eyes tested! The only time he looked good was at Centre Half, where he should be!

Malcolm Tucker
Karapidis in for Zaliukas, Jonsson moving into midlfield and Thomson at RB.

**** that.

Leave Kari and Eggert where they are, stick Rapnik/McGowan in a centre half.

We've been complaining about some untested youngsters not playing, now is their chance.

No it wont solve our goalscoring problems, but it might improve our defensive problems!

Quite honestly I dont know which is worse!

Like it did on the opening game of last season against the vermin?

I actually think he's doing fine in Midfield.

Like it did on the opening game of last season against the vermin?

I actually think he's doing fine in Midfield.

Well this is yet another time where we disagree! you are entitled to your opinion, I just cant see how you can justify his place in midfield!

Well this is yet another time where we disagree! you are entitled to your opinion, I just cant see how you can justify his place in midfield!

You're not the only one who'll disagree with me tonight, don't worry about it, Just accept that you're wrong.:P

Anyway, His performance at Easter Rd justified his place in Midfield for the next couple of weeks and his performance today justifies him being played there next week at the Midden.

You're not the only one who'll disagree with me tonight, don't worry about it, Just accept that you're wrong.:P

Anyway, His performance at Easter Rd justified his place in Midfield for the next couple of weeks and his performance today justifies him being played there next week at the Midden.

If you are right and I am wrong about Karapidis, we are in bigger trouble than I thought..........

Karipidis is fine in midfield.

He'd be better deployed in defence but that is nothing to do with his midfield performances

**** that.

Leave Kari and Eggert where they are, stick Rapnik/McGowan in a centre half.

We've been complaining about some untested youngsters not playing, now is their chance.

Have to agree.

We are light years behind the Old Firm, they are no longer our rivals in any meaningfull way. Let's focus on the other games and try to get over this disappointment as quickly as possible.

Zal has proven to be a liability and he needs benched for a while. Let's allow those who have been doing ok alone and replace the one who needs replacing.

Gowser or Rapnik would be fine.

Nucky Thompson

He actually looked commanding when he had to move to his natural position. Csaba can you see this:rolleyes: Get Zaliukas to feck.

Might have you never know !

Say What Again

He joins a long line of centre backs playing in midfield.

A pattern forming? No, surely not :rolleyes:

CB's playing out of position, 4-5-1, Kaunas players constantly being picked - all of our previous 27 managers think this is the way forward ('together' 'believe')- it's not Vlad/Mad Eddie/the fax machine :rolleyes::sad: Oh no, it isn't I tell you :282:

PS - you have no chance of getting the Hearts job when it becomes 'available' :rolleyes: at Xmas. :)

Karapidis, like Zaliukas, CAN have the odd very good run-out at DM, but as you say he is not and will never be a consistently good DM. He's just not. What he is, is a very decent CB. Indeed a far more consistent CB than Zaliukas so FFS give him the Right CB position and consign Zaliukas to backup where he ought to be! Then all we need to do is give the DM slot to Palazuelos or even Jonsson if we can get someone better than Thomson or Neilson for RB. I find it unfathomable that we can have such a big squad yet never play 11 players in their obvious and best positions. It must be embarassing for the coaches - they look like effing idiots!

Karapidis, like Zaliukas, CAN have the odd very good run-out at DM, but as you say he is not and will never be a consistently good DM. He's just not. What he is, is a very decent CB. Indeed a far more consistent CB than Zaliukas so FFS give him the Right CB position and consign Zaliukas to backup where he ought to be! Then all we need to do is give the DM slot to Palazuelos or even Jonsson if we can get someone better than Thomson or Neilson for RB. I find it unfathomable that we can have such a big squad yet never play 11 players in their obvious and best positions. It must be embarassing for the coaches - they look like effing idiots!

Not as embarassing as some of our fans who think he is doing a good job, is it his crunching tackles, his intelligent reading of the game, his killer passes or just his lung bursting runs into the box that they see?

Archived