Eggert Jonsson

Debut 4

Get the lad back in midfield.

He`s adapted well to RB and we know he can play there if needed, but our midfield lacked so much competitiveness today it was so irritating.

Eggert has shown last season he has good ability to get close to opponents and put in strong tackles.

He also showed composure and good passing on the ball in that area too. I felt today Csaba should have put Karapidis at RB during the game and swap with Jonsson who would have given us far more bite in the middle of the park.

From the next game i`d start with Karapidis at CB(which will probs happen now anyway) and move Jonsson into the middle.

Today really showed up Stewart who is really lightweight and Bruno was never in it.

We need someone with the knack to get in about teams and break up play.

Completely agree.

Laszlo has been preening himself over the decision to play Eggert at right back and Karipidis at centre back.

But neither have been a success.

When Karipidis stepped back today into the defence, despite being a pansy, the defence immediately looked more solid. Continuing to find ways to get Zaliukas in the team is not a good idea.

Look at the results and goals against last season with Neilson-Karipidis-Berra-Wallace defence. And then compare them to the goals against since the split of last season. We should go back to that defence.

We should also be trying to bring Julien Brellier back to play beside Eggert in the midfield. No heart in there at the moment, particularly in games like today when Stewart chucks it.

I agree. Jonsson back into midfield, and Karipidis to centre half seem like two blatantly obvious changes that Csaba needs to make.

Jonsson is certainly no central midfielder, he was terrible when played there last season and this season at right back he's been fairly average at best.

I really don't think Eggert's going to make it at Hearts, and it's not helped by the fact the no one really knows what his best position is.

The best I have seen him to play was at Fir Park last season at right midfield, looked good going forward on the wing and fairly solid covering back.

Jonsson is certainly no central midfielder, he was terrible when played there last season and this season at right back he's been fairly average at best.

I really don't think Eggert's going to make it at Hearts, and it's not helped by the fact the no one really knows what his best position is.

The best I have seen him to play was at Fir Park last season at right midfield, looked good going forward on the wing and fairly solid covering back.

Have to disagree but he was inconsistent slightly but that`s what you get with up and coming youngsters.

One instance i remember was him slotting a lovely weighted ball for Kingston to run through and score. He showed good touch in tight areas and certainly puts himself about better than the other midfielders we have.

I think Eggert has been a success at right back. When McGeady came on today, Eggert mopped him up about 3 or 4 times before the little rat gave up and moved onto the other side of the pitch.

bigis semiauskas

Clutching at straws now D4 i really dont think that would have made any difference,midfield aint the worst part of the team,

think we know what is.

Clutching at straws now D4 i really dont think that would have made any difference,midfield aint the worst part of the team,

think we know what is.

Not saying it would have won us the game, but on a whole it would have given us more competitiveness in there, even if it was just a tactical change during the game.

Still think CM is his position.

I though Eggert had a very good game today against 2 very tricky opponents.

thats certainly not in doubt mate, just making the point i think we maybe should move him back to midfield because today highlighted out toothlessness.

I though Eggert had a very good game today against 2 very tricky opponents.

I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt up till now, because Kingston has not supported him well by not tracking back. Chesny was a disgrace Today so was not much support for him either. I watched him more closely today and thought his positional sense was poor. he was back on half way line when we were in their box. when the ball was knocked out to left he left himself wide open. If he was in position twenty yards up the park, he was in more chance of getting thre loose ball.

Robbie has his distribution faults, but positionally he is ok.

So No, I do not see johnson as a long term RB.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, should he be put in the middle going by the experience of the Celtic game?

IMO, i think we should. For all i like Ruben and that Karipidis is doing a decent job maybe one should be sacrificed to make way for Eggert to get in about Rangers even if it`s just for one game?

The lad has a great knack of getting in close and shuting players down and he`s physical. We`ve saw his talent for recovery playing at RB and i really think his energy would be beneficial to us v the Huns.

We are playing well just now and maybe the Hearts players will be wanting to make amends for the Celtic game but we are a bit lightweight in the middle when we come up against better opposition, that being the Old Squirm.

Well, should he be put in the middle going by the experience of the Celtic game?

IMO, i think we should. For all i like Ruben and that Karipidis is doing a decent job maybe one should be sacrificed to make way for Eggert to get in about Rangers even if it`s just for one game?

The lad has a great knack of getting in close and shuting players down and he`s physical. We`ve saw his talent for recovery playing at RB and i really think his energy would be beneficial to us v the Huns.

We are playing well just now and maybe the Hearts players will be wanting to make amends for the Celtic game but we are a bit lightweight in the middle when we come up against better opposition, that being the Old Squirm.

Agree son:p

I said on another thread that I would put the lad in the middle and move Kara back to CB and drop bomscare but we all know it will not happen.

Despite winning on Sat wasn't happy with Kara and Pala in the centre mid, infact I was quite disappointed in Pala as he was ultra negative at times for me when there was opportunities to playa more offensive pass.

Anyway going off the point, yes git eggy in centre mid oan sat against the crab;)

Agree son:p

I said on another thread that I would put the lad in the middle and move Kara back to CB and drop bomscare but we all know it will not happen.

Despite winning on Sat wasn't happy with Kara and Pala in the centre mid, infact I was quite disappointed in Pala as he was ultra negative at times for me when there was opportunities to playa more offensive pass.

Anyway going off the point, yes git eggy in centre mid oan sat against the crab;)

mmm, i know he`s not the most offensive minded but i thought he was his usual thorough self on the ball.

The thing is, we do need a more direct player in there. Bruno obviously plays behind the sole forward but we need another direct player in trio of CM`s we play.

It would mean dropping one of Pala, Stewart , Karipidis (whoevers occupying that pos at time and leaving one to play in front of defence). Then having a new attacking style mid along with Bruno as the forward thinking players in there.

We can`t have two centre midfielders sitting so deep when we are attacking.

Archived