What we could have had...............

janie jones

One of the many depressing things about today is seeing decent players do the business for Celtic that have come from other SPL clubs that we probably could have had if we had the nous and will to put offers in when they were emerging as good players elsewhere.

Wilson, Robson, Brown and Mcdonald could all have been bought for a couple of hundred k apiece at the right time. As could Boyd and Naismith and McCormack when at Motherwell. I appreciate their clubs may not have sold them to us or all wouldn't have came and for every Paul Hartley there is a Dennis Wyness.

However for the last few seasons I would argue you could put together a decent side from picking up players from other SPL clubs for a fraction of what we have been shelling out in wages and salaries.

Considering over ?2 million was spent on Makela, Conglaves and Beslija not too mention wages and the salaries of Tall, Kingston and Nade it is depessing to look at the rubbish we still have at the club compared to some of the players we could have for the fraction of the cost.

Even now I would happily have the likes of Lee Wilkie, Gomez, Willo Flood, Steven Craigen, Chris Porter and Ian Black to some of the inept wasters masquerading as Hearts players.

In saying all of that ,the most important people at a decent club (apart from the fans) are a sensible owner and a decent manager. We definately don't have the owner and for me the jury is out on CL.

Excellent post and all very true. The ineptitude of the 'scouting' system at Hearts can be added to the list of things which are so so wrong with our club.

One of the many depressing things about today is seeing decent players do the business for Celtic that have come from other SPL clubs that we probably could have had if we had the nous and will to put offers in when they were emerging as good players elsewhere.

Wilson, Robson, Brown and Mcdonald could all have been bought for a couple of hundred k apiece at the right time. As could Boyd and Naismith and McCormack when at Motherwell. I appreciate their clubs may not have sold them to us or all wouldn't have came and for every Paul Hartley there is a Dennis Wyness.

However for the last few seasons I would argue you could put together a decent side from picking up players from other SPL clubs for a fraction of what we have been shelling out in wages and salaries.

Considering over ?2 million was spent on Makela, Conglaves and Beslija not too mention wages and the salaries of Tall, Kingston and Nade it is depessing to look at the rubbish we still have at the club compared to some of the players we could have for the fraction of the cost.

Even now I would happily have the likes of Lee Wilkie, Gomez, Willo Flood, Steven Craigen, Chris Porter and Ian Black to some of the inept wasters masquerading as Hearts players.

In saying all of that ,the most important people at a decent club (apart from the fans) are a sensible owner and a decent manager. We definately don't have the owner and for me the jury is out on CL.

Good post buddy

Archived