Michael Stewart

DC_92

Amongst others, absolutely woeful today IMO.

Looks like he's following his usual process of starting off well and then fading away.

Looks like he's following his usual process of starting off well and then fading away.

I wouldn't be too hard on him... nobody in that team today deserves any plaudits... we should be thanking Pauline for missing his penalty if anything.

We are exceptionally poor all over the park and for a team with the biggest player budget outside the OF that is a joke.

It's starting to get colder now, that's when Stewart retires for the season, watch him go next August again!

Brian Fantana

Completely agree, he was absolutely useless today. Lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away. While he certainly can't be accused of not caring,his lack of ability was shown up today. The whole midfield need to sort themselves out-we had an extra man in there today yet you'd never have thought it.

I wouldn't be too hard on him... nobody in that team today deserves any plaudits... we should be thanking Pauline for missing his penalty if anything.

We are exceptionally poor all over the park and for a team with the biggest player budget outside the OF that is a joke.

The gap between the Old Firm and the rest is massive. Hearts wage bill even after the cuts is still way above the others but there is no evidence that third place is possible. Edinburgh football is not great with Hibs toiling as well. It could be the lowest third place points total ever.

The gap between the Old Firm and the rest is massive. Hearts wage bill even after the cuts is still way above the others but there is no evidence that third place is possible. Edinburgh football is not great with Hibs toiling as well. It could be the lowest third place points total ever.

The obvious way forward for me is to bin ALL the foreign trash that is cluttering up our squad... ALL the players who are never goin to cut it.

Makela

Ksanavicius

Cesnauskas

Zaliukas

Palazuelos

Tullberg

Kingston

Nade

Mole

Kello

Balogh

Obua

etc etc

Then buy some of the better players from the likes of Falkirk, Mudderwell, Aberdeen and Kille plus some key talent from the continent... NOT from Vlad's pyramid.

... it'll never happen tho.:sad:

It's not because they are foriegn that they are crap, it's just that we have too many who struggle to control a ball or find a pass to their own team. A clear out has got to happen in January. Stewart was gash today. In fact he was the gashest on the park - I'd start with him and Makela and the others who are better at finding the opposition with a ball. Karipidis was probably our best player or maybe Berra.

I'd lay off stewart, The whole team was crap. Atleast stewart is capable of producing the goods unlike a hand full of other hearts players that get to play first team football.

Exactly the same as last season. Started well then......nothing.

I'd have hooked him today at half time.

Also quick to let his mouth go when someone else makes a mistake.

Take a look in the mirror Stewart ya tool.

Mike won no 50:50 balls in the first half. Completely bottled them. His passing was gash and when Ruben was waiting to come on I was flabbergasted when Mikey was left on.

Complete nightmare - but the rest weren't much better TBH. Second to every ball.

Lay off Mikey Stewart? Your havin a laugh, The man was a disgrace today.

Bottled every challenge, passing poor, work rate disgraceful, ....

If he put as much effort into playing the game as he does moaning at his fellow teamates then we might have a player. He was constantly telling others what to do and where to go and in doing so he was not contributing and getting caught in no mans land.

He was a complete waste of a jersey and the boy that had a go at him at Tannadice earlier in the year was spot on.

Rod.

Sorry to those who reckon we should lay off him but Stewart deserves all he gets today. He contributed sweet ***** adams. Csaba should've hooked him.

Well you can say the same about the other 10 today, they were dreadful to a man why pick on one player (who yes was poor today)

He needs to see a sports psychologist.

He was so frustrated today and he was wired to a mars bar !! :rolleyes:

He could not concentrate.

Ruben should have been on for him at half time.

one of the things that annoys me most about stewart is that he goes bombing forward when there is no need for it and leaves a massive hole where he should be

Michael Stewart was dreadful today.

If Kingston had played like that today, he would be hanging from the Old Stand and the amateur psychologists would be having a field day on here.

Generic Username

I counted two completed passes from Stewart in the second half today.

Granted we hardly had the ball during the whole 90 minutes but it would've been nice to get a few passes to other Hearts players in that time.

Touch of an elephant for much of the second half. In the tackle he is either a pussy or sheer reckless. However he did seem to have an awful lot of ground to cover as the wingers marked No-Man's Land bang in-between the Celtic FBs and wingers, and Karapidis sat too deep (as a CB is always likely to do when playing DM against decent opposition)

MS was poor today going on his recent form. He sometimes forces the pass when its not on imo. Still covered every blade though.

I have to agree with previous posts Stewart was the worse player for Hearts today and should have been hooked. Just think he's on the fringes of the Scotland squad, thats probably changed as I saw Burley after the game.

Rating for him today 1, closely followed by Zal...... and our keeper today.

Despite what some people on here think about his "talent" Stewart is basically a very average player. He can't be faulted for effort - he's just not very good. His "form" so far this season is a myth - he had a good game on the opening day against Motherwell but other than that he's done very little.

Jam Tarts 1874

Stewart is garbage, he is not as good as he thinks he is. The other players HATE him, he brings the team down, goes into hiding when things are not going well and spends far too much time criticising those around him when in actual fact he himself is PISH!

Have you never had a bad day at work? Are you always so consistent?

Players have bad days, but on this occasion, nobody should be singled out. You only single him out because he tried and failed more than the others. What did Chesney do to get taken off before half-time? I never even saw him touch the ball!!!

Ally Alexander

Chesny had a re-occurrence of a thigh strain. When he went off, Shaba should have brought on Rubens to shore up the midfield where we were getting overrun. Missed Kingston a lot on Sunday as he takes a lot of pressure of the 2 middle midfield players by being available and having the ability to hold onto the ball. Not just Stewart's fault - we were very disjointed and I can't remember a time when we managed to string 3 passes together.

Archived